Whitehaven shootings

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by tomwilleatbluesface, Jun 2, 2010.

1. tomwilleatbluesface

tomwilleatbluesface New Member

At least five people have been killed in Cumbria and possibly 25 injured, it is thought that a taxi driver named Derrick Bird drove through his town shooting people down at random. Locals were told to stay inside for safety, until the police found his body in some woods. The press have been told that the shooter was actually friends with one of his victims and was a pleasant and friendly member of his community.

I just heard this on the radio and was pretty shocked somone could snap this badly, any thoughts?

2. TheNickiOfDoom

TheNickiOfDoom Time Lord

I just read this article about it:

Source

Fucking ridiculous.
    This world is just getting so fucked up. I don't even...

3. tomwilleatbluesface

Just saw the news, there are now 12 confirmed dead. I'm guessing more deaths will be reported since so many were injured. It's so disgusting these shootings, I feel so sorry for the victims and their families.

4. XOMBIE

XOMBIE Guest

This is terrible... It's scary even the most unsuspecting people can be capable of such a thing.
    I wonder what this would do to the state of gun handling in the UK seeing as they already banned hand-held guns after that other incident..

5. tomwilleatbluesface

the association of guns(?) are saying that if guns are banned then the olympics cannot take place. It's a pretty pathetic excuse to keep guns legal.