UK Election 2010

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Holly, Apr 22, 2010.

1. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

I'm not crazy about the out-of-control, unsustainable spending, which will only get worse with the passage of his healthcare bill.

At this rate of spending and carrying on in Congress, our country will literally go bankrupt.
    What's worse, they don't seem to care (about the future of the country; they seem to be more interested in their own political interests).

Passing healthcare was just a way to stick it to Republicans and show off Democratic power, really. It's like a big shiny trophy of how powerful they are this time around in Congress.

Come November I doubt that'll be the case, but yeah, this thread is about U.K. politics, so I'm getting offtopic.

2. Don Ricalo

Don Ricalo Panda Bear.

Bankrupt?
    All any amount of money is outside of cash in hand is a load of numbers in a database. Bring on a global banking wipeout, I say.

3. xokay_nowx

Good point, but as for the global banking wipeout, be careful what you wish for.

During the Cold War, in addition to the fact of the threat of mutually assurred destruction, someone had the lovely idea that if we tied our countries' economies together and created this "global economy," if might prevent us from going to war with each other, since, wipe out one country's economy and your own's is soon to follow.

Unfortunately this seems to be having unintended consequences (i.e. the GLOBAL economy is collapsing; not just England's, and not just America's)... it's scary. I dunno.

4. Don Ricalo

Don Ricalo Panda Bear.

Be careful what I wish for? I am and this is high on the list. It's not hoping for someone else's country to fall, I want the global economy to fall. Wipe out all debts that are never going to be paid off, clear all these numbers that essentially mean nothing, start fresh. It's a ridiculous thought that things can't be paid for just because a number isn't big enough. Fuck that, log in and change the number. Even better, stop sending aid to those poorer so they stop relying on everyone else. If they can't manage to drag themselves clear after all this time then they need a cut off mark to fend for themselves or die out as a group, we don't need them dragging everyone else down.

As for the UK election, carry on with Labour, it's the best of a bad bunch and maybe next time around we'll have something a bit better to choose from.

5. xokay_nowx

Oh, so you were being serious.

Wow, you know that sounds like something straight out of Fight Club?
    (I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing.)

When you're speaking about letting the poorer die off, are you referring to poor Englishmen, or are you talking about third-world countries?

You do have a conservative streak in you, Richard: this is in stark opposition to the opinions you posted in the American healthcare thread.
    (Although I am getting the feeling that you simply enjoy arguing/debating with me and so in any given argument, will simply default to the position that's opposite of the side I'm defending.)

6. Don Ricalo

Don Ricalo Panda Bear.

Not at all, you simply hold every single opinion opposite to me.
    I'm all for giving a developed country a good healthcare system, but the Third World needs to either stand up by itself or die, because we're just pumping too much into it and only seeing the problem worsen.

Don't try placing me in any political bracket, my opinions will differ in any given topic and I won't agree with everything any one side has to say. Life isn't black and white, as they say.

7. Lola.

Lola. Guest

Brown's Latest Gaffe

With the General Election imminent there really couldn't have been a worse time for something like this to happen to bumbling old Gordon.

Your thoughts on this?

Personally, I think Mr Brown should take a leaf out of this man's book.

8. Don Ricalo

Don Ricalo Panda Bear.

I lol'd.
    Such a failing tit.
    Yet somehow, Labour are still the best bet for the country... Can someone abroad kidnap me sooner than later please?

9. Holly

Holly Active Member

To be honest, it makes him seem more normal.
    But yeah, right twat. xDD

10. Madden

Madden Faut souffrir pour être

Merging the thread with the UK Election 2010 one.

11. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

My mum said that she's more likely to vote for him after that x)

12. Madden

13. Thumbelina

Am voting Labour.
    BRING ON TOMORROW! I'm so excited.

14. Don Ricalo

Don Ricalo Panda Bear.

A Facebook status of a friend showing his views that made me lol:

George Gilbert: bob russell putting leaflets through my door...lib dem nonce

With a nice comment in response:

Gary Rae: Sick of seeing photos of fat yuppy Tory MPs being posted through my door n all!
    Mostly in the newspaper about pedos though, mind

Meanwhile, in the land of the internet:

[​IMG]

15. Madden

^ xD!
    Voting Labourrrr.
    Just managed to get into a full-blown two hour argument with my parents about politics, the BNP and election :>_<: God it's good to be home.

16. Thumbelina

Have you guys seen the Christian Party's policies? An absolute joke - and not of the funny kind.

17. Don Ricalo

Don Ricalo Panda Bear.

18. Thumbelina

That one's funny xD

19. Don Ricalo

Don Ricalo Panda Bear.

20. Thumbelina

That's brilliant!