True Blood

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by Amelia, Sep 23, 2008.

1. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

Anyone watching season 5 premiere this Sunday? I just finished watching all of season 4 this week; it's still going to be rerunning on the various HBO channels this weekend for anyone interested.

I read there's going to be a lot more Pam this season which makes me happy because she's my favorite character next to Eric. :)

2. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

Fuck yes. I'm so excited.

3. xokay_nowx

Ugh I wanted Tara to be killed off, not
    become immortal!
    Her character's never really gone anywhere, maybe it will now?

4. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

Oh, indeed! I actually like Tara for about the first half of the first season. But later, especially when she fell in with the maenad, I just couldn't stand her, and she just got worse and worse.
    Also, not liking Nora.

5. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

Omfg I love Nora.
    I hate Tara, though. Just kill her. That's going to be an annoying story line.

6. Lokeriel

I mostly don't like Nora because of how she and Eric are. Like, refer to each other as siblings, and then fuck. I mean, yeah, obviously they're not actually siblings, but it just kind of grosses me out.

7. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

It's so nice to see him with someone he actually has chemistry with, though, I have to say.

8. xokay_nowx

Hahaha yeah. Within the context of the show it makes sense that Eric is attracted to Sookie because of her fairy (faerie?) blood, but otherwise she isn't nearly attractive enough for her to be the hottest thing he's seen in 1,000 years.

9. xokay_nowx

Pam/Eric officially > Sookie/Eric.

10. Lokeriel

Because Pam is amazing, and Sookie is an annoying little bitch. I don't know, I like Book Sookie better. Though I did like her when she was drunk in the last episode.
    I feel like this season is moving a bit slowly thought. Like, we're already 1/2 of the way through the season, there should be more important things? Less but-plots and minor character storylines, anyhow. I'm sick of Tara. (especially with her whole, "Fuck Sookie, always having someone saving her ass and not taking responsibility for her shit." Because while it's true, it's not Sookie's fault that Tara got involved with a maenad - and Sookie had to save her ass. It's not Sookie's fault that Tara got involved with a vampire - and Sookie had to save her ass.) I understand that the show needs to flesh out minor characters so that it's more than "The Sookie Show," like the book is, but Tara is one character I wish they'd left alone. Though I am hoping that, as a vampire, she'll be more like she was at the beginning of season 1, when she wasn't so annoying.

11. Lokeriel

Did anyone watch the finale last night?

The last 30 second or so, just,
    [​IMG]

12. [CrimsonKid]

[CrimsonKid] Time Traveller.

^ YES!
    I thought "oh my god, he's gone, finally!" and then BAM! Total mindfuck in T-minus 3,2,1.

It was a good cliffhanger though. Did anybody see the preview for season 6?

13. Lokeriel

There's rumours that they're killing off Eric in season 6. I've stuck with this show through A LOT of bullshit, weird shit, and changing things completely from the books, but if they kill Eric, that's the last straw. I'm done!

14. Stooksss

Stooksss Active Member

Did anyone see the premiere this past Sunday???? Warlow!!!

15. Lokeriel

I saw all over, before the premier, that he was supposed to be Niall (Sookie and Jason's faerie greatgreatgreat Grandfather,) but apparently that info was WRONG. Lol at Jason spilling everything to they guy, though. That man is dumber and a bag of rocks. Good thing he's pretty, haha.

16. XOMBIE

XOMBIE Guest

WHAT. They cannot.

17. Lokeriel

Or, it was right, lol. That "Who do you think I am?" line at the end of the episode was quite a red herring.

Yeah, I have no idea how much truth there is to it. But apparently the title of episode 7, I think, is "The Funeral." So it sounds like SOMEONE definitely dies. And I'm okay with that (as long as it's not Eric. Or Lala.) The cast has gotten way too big, and there's too much shit going on. They need to prune it down a little bit!

18. XOMBIE

XOMBIE Guest

Warlow's ridiculously hot

19. Lokeriel

fucking a, dude

20. XOMBIE

XOMBIE Guest

I liked Terry :( After the storyline with him and the war last season I thought they'd keep him around a bit longer. I think there's supposed to be one other big major character death before the end of the season? It'll probably be Warlow or Billith