True Blood

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by Amelia, Sep 23, 2008.

1. TheNickiOfDoom

TheNickiOfDoom Time Lord

Same here.
    I love Jessica so much. Especially with Hoyt.

2. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

RIGHT HOLY SHIT.
    She and Hoyt are just. <3333

3. myXfrankieXromance

myXfrankieXromance New Member

The end of series 3 was amazing. I can't wait for the new series already.

4. han

han Active Member

had to watch and episode in media last friday.
    Now on Season 2, Episode 8
    Bit in love with eric :')
    /nolife.

5. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

So I finally got to pick up Season 3 on DVD last night at Wal-Mart. I came home and watched the first episode, but it was kind of 'ehhh' to me. Does it get better?

Also, only a few more weeks until Season 4!

6. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

Yes, it gets better, for sure!
    I won't be (re)watching season 3 until it's available on Netflix, which isn't for another month.
    Oh man, I can't watch for season 4 to start though! If it even kind of follows the fourth book, I'll be happy.

7. xokay_nowx

The fourth book was so amazing (amnesiac Eric gettin' sexy with Sookie), there's just so much anticipation there.

& I know, it was horrible, I was going to watch it on Netflix but nooo, they didn't have it right away, and then I went to Blockbuster when it was released on Tuesday but nooo, they didn't have it yet, and then I went back to Blockbuster last night and they were out of episodes 1-3 and 4-6 because they were lame enough to only order like two boxes! So I just broke down and bought it like a good little fangirl, ahaha. :)

8. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

If they change it, take out the part with Sookie and Eric or mess it up or anything I'm going to be so maaaaad.

9. xokay_nowx

So, season premiere tonight!

I was actually kind of disappointed. The fairy stuff was lame, there wasn't nearly enough Eric (or Bill, for that matter), and the cliffhanger ending was almost the only worthwhile part. I'm not even sure; I just wasn't feeling it.

10. TheNickiOfDoom

TheNickiOfDoom Time Lord

i hate all of the fairy shit.

11. CherieNoir

CherieNoir Member

I'm not a big fan of the fairy plot either.

12. xokay_nowx

Has anyone watched the last two weeks? The premiere sucked so much I didn't bother.

13. CherieNoir

CherieNoir Member

I've seen all six episodes released. I like some of the main plots, like the witches and the baby but others are kinda boring. I think True Blood is way too "out there" these days. They just keep introducing more and more different supernatural themes. It's too much now. I would have liked them to stick more to the main theme of the show; vampires!

14. xokay_nowx

My biggest problem with the show right now is that there are too many subplots and characters, and a lot of the time the characters from the various subplots don't even interact with each other.

15. TheNickiOfDoom

TheNickiOfDoom Time Lord

Alcide is so much sexier this season. Didnt even think it was possible.

16. CherieNoir

CherieNoir Member

Alcide? I don't find him sexy at all. I think Eric and Terry are the hottest. :)

17. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

I thought that last season was actually -awesome-.

18. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

^Yeeessssss.

And this is late, but as far as the show being too "out there" with too many supernatural elements; that's pretty much how it is in the books, too. Though they're a little more spaced out; the faeries don't come into the story until like, book 8 or 9? (I don't remember exactly, but I know it's pretty far into the series.) I do feel like the show is trying to put too much in too soon, but I don't feel like it's too out there.

19. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

^ Yeah I think it was book 9, though I could be wrong.
    I've seen some episode and honestly prefer the books, though the show has some elements that I like as well.

20. xokay_nowx

I liked the Southern charm of the first season, like the scene when Sookie's sunbathing in her yard and having iced tea with Gran and Jason and stuff. Not much of that in later seasons.
    I've read books 1-6 and I would really have to say my favorite parts are when Sookie's just kind of chilling at home, ironically.