True Blood

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by Amelia, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Amelia

Amelia strangeness and charm

YouTube - True Blood Trailer (HBO)

Anybody watch it?

2. HollowPistol

HollowPistol Guest

I heard my BFF talking about this with me on the phone, she said it was really interesting...havent watched it yet, but I will sometime with her.
    Cause it looks like an awesome show!!! xD

3. Salvo

Salvo New Member

When I saw the previews for it, I thought it looked kind of stupid. But since it was made by the same guy as Six Feet Under, (That's what I've been told, anyway.) I watched it, because I like Six Feet Under. I loved True Blood. It's amazing.

4. forever_now

forever_now New Member

One of my friends watches is and told me to watch it yesterday but I forgot lol. She told me the plot (kind of) and I must say...it sounds like a reversed version of Twilight. Just a little. I'll have to see if it's on OnDemand because I want to see it.

5. XOMBIE

XOMBIE Guest

i've never seen it. but it doesn't look bad. if it premiered in the states sept. 7, it might take like a year to get to NZ. :(
    where's that girl from? i've seen her somewhere. arrrgh this is going to bug me now.

6. Amelia

Amelia strangeness and charm

(sigh)
    The books the show is based on was written BEFORE Twilight.
    I really hate when people say its like Twilight, just because it involves two people who fall in love, one if telepathic and can't read the other's mind.
    I'm sure it was just a coincedence.

And XOMBIE, would the movie be X-Men? Since she was Rogue.

7. forever_now

forever_now New Member

Well, the story line I'm sure is completely different, but I suppose most vampire/love stories do have things in common. And, yes, I actually did know it was based on something written before Twilight...

8. XOMBIE

XOMBIE Guest

ahhh yes!!! that's right. cheers for that

9. TheNickiOfDoom

TheNickiOfDoom Time Lord

So, I was at my friend's house one night helping her paint the walls. After we finishes she was all like "OMG THE NEW TRUE BLOOD EPISODE IS ON! LETS WATCH IT!" So we watched it and now I can't stop watching it. I'm finally getting caught up on the whole season due to an amazing invention called OnDemand.

10. Katelyn McFly

Katelyn McFly Dr. DeathDefying

*Sigh*
    It's only my new obsession!
    God it's addicting. :)

11. Ever.more.Hart

Ever.more.Hart New Member

TRU Blood
    I actually want to be an addict to 'V' now.
    ^w^
    I watched all the episodes, even watching reruns because the effects was really good. The storyline --wow. I don't even know if I could choose a favorite character on this one...all of them? xD >>'
    (I wish to be bitten by Eric) >: D
    And that ending?
    I was .. >:/ Not gonna say, but definetly now what I was expecting. But things are always better that way.
    I might just head out & pick up some of those novels.
    :3
    This series is definetly...

Crazy, Sexy, Cool

12. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

/reviving a long dead thread.

So, has anyone read the books? I just got done with the latest, number 10, I believe.
    Since the show kind of follows the book, there should be much more Eric in the coming seasons. (Provided the writers don't change it because the people who play Sookie and Bill are together in real life.)

13. p0mba

p0mba Active Member

^ I hope so, cause I seriously find him so cool. He's so.. Mystic and.. Scandinavian. Hahah, love it. And yes, I've read the books, so I'm really excited for the next season

14. Lokeriel

I love Eric in the books. And the guy who plays him in the show, just, rawr. He's great.

15. p0mba

p0mba Active Member

Yeah, he's really hot, and he's probably my favorite character (after Lafayette).

16. Lokeriel

Lafayette is awesome. I'm actually glad the show kept him around, rather than killing him off, as happened in the first book.

17. p0mba

p0mba Active Member

Yeah, me too. When's the next season coming out?

18. Lokeriel

June 13th. Also, it's already been picked up for a fourth season, so that's pretty awesome.

19. p0mba

p0mba Active Member

Really? That's AWESOME

20. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

I've only seen like, three episodes from the first season (or however many came with "Season 1: Disc 1" from Netflix) but I really liked what I saw. Maybe I'll get caught up on the series this summer, haha. :)

Although even if I do catch up I won't be able to watch it on TV unless I'm home alone since it's so graphic.