The Vampire Diaries

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by XOMBIE, Jun 24, 2010.

1. XOMBIE

XOMBIE Guest

YouTube - The Vampire Diaries Pilot Trailer

Do any of you watch this? I have to admit i'm not all up in my Vampire movies/books but I only watch this to see Ian Somerhalder cos he's so asdfjlkjfHOT.

2. Holly

Holly Active Member

-Squee-
    One of my many obssessions now. x]
    It's a shame it's the last episode of the series over here (UK) this week; I really do love it.

Ian Somerhalder, just. -Drool-

3. TheNickiOfDoom

TheNickiOfDoom Time Lord

I freaking adore this show.
    Definitely team Damon.

4. Holly

Holly Active Member

Sometimes I find the show abit (for lack of a better word) Twilight-y; Stephan is portrayed as the same sort of character as Edward Cullen, and it puts me off.
    Damon makes the whole show, to be honest. x]

5. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

Ehhh, I'm not sure how I feel about this show. I think I like the books better, but I don't know. The show is SO MUCH DIFFERENT from the books, it's not even funny. They basically took the characters names, and some of their relationships, and changed everything else.
    I mean, I guess that's good in that, I don't know exactly what's going to happen next, but I still wish they'd stayed a little truer to the source material.
    I've only seen about half the first season though. I have to catch up.

6. AMB

AMB Guest

Damon is absolutely gorgeous. Perfection :p
    This show is my fav :D

7. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

I won't watch it. Read/loved the books. xD

8. mcrxsophfee

mcrxsophfee Active Member

Bringing this back to life because of the recent series two finale/

I just properly discovered this show and I wish I heard about it sooner! I had seriously been missing out, I managed to catch up pretty quickly though. It's amazing! I'm Damon/Elena all the way. What did everyone think about the series finale? I don't want to mention anything major so I don't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

9. hollowpointxkilljoy

hollowpointxkilljoy New Member

This I can completely agree with. I fell in love with the books, and I tried to watch the show once...yeah, it didn't work out so well for me. :no: I turned it after the first five minutes. But, just like Twilight, if you've never read the books and don't know what you're missing, it's good.

10. CherieNoir

CherieNoir Member

Never read the books but I watch the show. It's not brilliant but entertaining enough to watch. It's vampires after all! I've been a fan of vampire books and moves since I was a kid. Damon is awesome. Best character.

11. Madden

Madden Faut souffrir pour être

REVIVING THE THREAD BECAUSE I ONLY JUST FINISHED WATCHING SEASON 1 AND IT'S SO GOOD.

I had to.

12. CherieNoir

CherieNoir Member

I'm following the latest season. I download every episode because I'm not patient enough to wait for things to air in Sweden.

13. Madden

Madden Faut souffrir pour être

I just stream them. So much easier!

14. Lokeriel

Is anyone else watching this season? I finally caught up (and decided that I actually like the show better than the books.)
    I'm kind of pissed about Caroline's little "revelation" at the end of last night's episode. -__-

15. [CrimsonKid]

[CrimsonKid] Time Traveller.

^ that a certain someone is sired? I think it's weird, but I love the show ^-^

16. Lokeriel

Yes. The sired thing is bullshit. Not to mention that there are so many holes in that theory, that there's no way it can be true.

17. [CrimsonKid]

It might be because they blood shared? I don't know, I've just been shipping them for so long that I want them to be together so badly! >_<

18. Lokeriel

I know in other vampire mythos, blood sharing tends to cause a bond of some sort, so there's that. But I really don't think it would cause her to be sired. I don't know, I just hate the idea that what's between them right now could be cause by a sire bond, because, I too, ship them so hard.

19. [CrimsonKid]

You have a point there - it would suck that if they became a couple, it would just be a product of the sire bond :/

20. Lokeriel

I don't think that they'll become a couple, if the writers pin the attraction on the bond. Everyone will gang up on Elena and convince her that she doesn't really feel what she's feeling, and then she'll get all pissed at Damon, and then she'll end up back with Stefan, because the writers are apparently Team Stefan. (/Gag.)