Tell me gerard way didn't dye his hair red

Discussion in 'General Rock Discussion' started by J[enna], Sep 1, 2008.

1. Sussak

Sussak Guest

No, he's growing up.

2. p0mba

p0mba Active Member

^ I second that. :)

3. MCRmypansy

MCRmypansy New Member

theres a difference between getting old and growing up.

he already grew up, now hes getting older.

grown ups cant grow up anymore.

then they woulnt be called grown ups.

4. Sussak

Sussak Guest

There's a difference between 'growing up' and 'getting older';

Growing up equals learning.
    Getting older equals already learnt enough.

Yeah, he is already thirty-odd, but he's still growing up. Want to know why? Because he still has a lot to see and learn. A lot of ups and downs, raises and falls to experience in his life. Before the eyes of life and fate, he's still a kiddo, darling.

5. FUNERALMARCH

FUNERALMARCH Guest

Agree, in a way.
    You never stop learning or growing as a person.

I dont even know what you guys were talking about but I thought I'd throw that in...

6. MCRmypansy

MCRmypansy New Member

Umm...okay?

I guess if you want to get logical you can go and think that way but that explanation doesn't even make much sense.

He's physically already grown up. Growing doesnt mean learning. Getting older does. You know, like getting older and wiser.

And I don't care about any of these stupid explanations, when I said he was getting older I meant physically because he looks old from his face.

Maybe not wrinkly grandpa old, but he's definately looking older than he was.

And I know everyone gets old and he's supposed to get old as well, but I just had to put it out there cause that is what I thought of that picture.

I haven't seen pictures of him looking that way.

I just think you girls need to get over the fact that he is gonna get old, hes not gonna be young and wrinkle free forever.

Don't be so sentimental and take that offensive. Especially since it's not adressed to you, "darling".

EDIT: Oh and this is totally off topic but I'm not the one who brought it up.

7. Sussak

Sussak Guest

You know what? You're right, this is off-topic, and I brought it up. I wasn't disrespecting your opinion. I don't give two fucks about how old is Gerard and how many wrinkles will start appearing on his face and body. I am very logical, and I see life with other eyes- plus, I have different beliefs.

But I will appreaciate if you don't get ironic on me, because I wasn't being ironic. I called you 'darling'- let me tell you something: I call everyone "darling" on this site. I apologize if you misunderstood.
    Yes, your last comment, offended me. But your opinion, is still respected and I misunderstood what you meant with "getting old." I just gave my point of view to your comment.

End of discussion for me.

About Gerard's looks; I think he looks better with black, but between blond and pink/red, I prefer blond. It looks more... refreshing- I don't know.

8. MCR_SAVED_MY_LIFE_

MCR_SAVED_MY_LIFE_ New Member

look lets sort this

Gerard had a lot of growing up to do but what ever happens he is still going to be the nutjob we all love and admire AND HE IS NOT OLD HES ODD lol

9. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

I don't know, I like the black hair more than the blond.
    But black makes his skin so pale, and blond more .. alive?

and I totally agreed with you in the growing up discussion.

10. Sussak

Sussak Guest

Uhm, yes. It definitely depends on the perspective that you're looking at it. I mean, for me, the blond represents his uncloseted self- like, the portraytion of his fears, his desires, his hopes, his faith, his dreams and whatnot. It's his facade during the majority of TBP, and it is new and refreshed. And black, it's the casual but formal Gerard- and the red, it was an one-moment thing for me.

But of all of them, I prefer black. It's the casual Gerard. But I still think the blond was a really amazing try-out he got for the whole scenario in TBP [:

And thank you, dear.

11. blueflame817

blueflame817 New Member

The pink hair was awesome, and really not very surprising. I just love the fact that he dyed it back because "it didn't match the friend's wedding." ^_^

Wonder what color's next? though he claims to want to just leave it alone now. I don't blame him...

12. Kate.

Kate. Guest

i dont get why its a big deal maybe he was trying to make a point like leave my hair separate from my sound lol i dunno but i think its kinda cool coz its different

13. Koneko

Koneko New Member

Yep he did. I found this pic of him with pink/red hair.

[​IMG]

14. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

Aha, I think we've established that.
    I also think it looked better on the guy in my sig. ;D

15. ObscureUrban

ObscureUrban Guest

His color was the SAME exact hair color mine is now. 8D

16. Niamh

Niamh New Member

I think it's gorgeous.I wish he's kept it like that!a male Hayley Williams:clap:

17. howidisappear1996

howidisappear1996 New Member

I can't believe some people thought that was photoshopped. It's completely real! I saw him in person! When I saw it I thought, Wow, when I imagined seeing him in person, it wasn't like this....

18. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

I would just like to point out how scary prophetic that quote was lmao.
    So fucking hilarious.

19. MyStarsShineDarkly

MyStarsShineDarkly New Member

^ I was just ninja'd xD
    Wow, this is awkward :p

20. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

^Oh, were you going to say something very similar? My bad...
    :3