Secrets Kept From Parents

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by mcr xshannx, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Aki

Aki New Member

I like your attitude. She sounds like a lovely person, keep looking up love.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Give me love.

I think now that I'm in my final year of school, I've matured a lot and realized how much I need and depend on my parents, there's little they don't know about me. Life with your parents is a lot easier if you do let them know things, shutting them out never helps, I've learnt.

The only thing they probably don't know, is that I still occasionally smoke weed or take E, but that's because I told them I stopped. Which I will.

3. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

It's not that I've always been opposed to letting them know things about my life, but when they've made it clear they don't approve of a single thing you do or stand for, secrecy is a given.

As of now, they don't know how hellbent I am on leaving before I graduate. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but it's time for me to be selfish and try to get out of here to protect my sanity. I don't want to have all of this insane emotional baggage just in time for college.

4. mrs.mikey

mrs.mikey New Member

my parents don't know:

- that i'm on this website
    - that i love writing fan-fic
    - that i cut
    - that i have tried to kill myself 3 times.
    - that i gave myself a second ear peirsing
    - that when i say i'm going out for a walk, i normally just sit on the bench at the park behind the school, and cry / cut / sleep /light things on fire (a few gloves, some leaves, etc.)
    - i bought i lighter the other day at the corner store
    - when my dad came into my room and said that he smelt something burning, it was because i was burning a lavender candeal
    - i'm in a band with my best friend.

5. neon-ninja

neon-ninja New Member

oh, geez, where do i start..
    first off, they don't know how numb and empty i'm feeling at the moment, i've been like this for almost a year now, half of my mothers side is upset with me, and they didn't understand when i told them that i don't show my emotions as openly as others.
    secondly, i cry myself to sleep, about 3 times a week.
    i'm losing my faith, in my religion as a whole, and oh gosh, if they every found out about that then they'd flip shit and probably kick me out.
    i'm giving up on everything, school, friends, i really don't see myself getting anywhere in the future, i'm failing all my subjects but i couldn't give a fuck now. i wouldn't be saying the same this time last year.
    i envy my sister in every way possible, she's everything my parents hoped i'd be, but i obviously disappointed them. i'm stubborn, lazy, sometimes selfish and no-one has ever hesitated to tell me it, but i'm not denying it either.well it seems like i got carried away, i'll stop boring you now. lol, theres tons more but i cba right now. its just gone 1:00am here and i'm tiiirredd.

6. Fetus Destroyer

Fetus Destroyer New Member

My parents don't know that I've smoked weed. < hated it by the way.
    That I've allowed my younger sister to smoke weed.
    That I have had sex with my ex boyfriend. (the condom broke, but I'm not pregnant)
    That I am bisexual.
    And have been dating my best female friend for three years now.
    That I used to drink.
    That I have this account. If they did, they'd kill me for the stories I read.
    That sometimes I still have the urge to cut, not because I'm depressed, but because I have this strange obsession with blood.
    Wow, I keep a lot of things from my parents.

7. WeAreTBP

WeAreTBP Active Member

-I met my best friend online 4 years ago and we still haven't met in person
    -I'm bisexual
    -I have a girlfriend
    -I still cut
    -I starve myself
    -I've tried to kill myself multiple times
    -I have this account, and I write and read fanfiction

In all honesty, I lie to my parents about most things.

8. Dust Angel

They don't know the first thing about me.

9. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

My sexuality. My dad is always making homophobic comments, what am I suppose to tell him.

10. Emmy McPanda

Emmy McPanda Active Member

I love that everyone in this thread appears to be in the closet.
    So, yeah, I'm also in the closet.
    Additionally, I'm failing Calculus, I'm an insomniac, and I frequently use Oxycodone (or if I'm out of that, Benadryl, god love me) to make myself pass out.

11. Dust Angel

^ Tried the whole Benadryl thing this past Summer. Didn't work :/

12. Emmy McPanda

Emmy McPanda Active Member

^ Ridiculous amounts. At least ten to twelve pills to get a little messed up, but hallucinations kick in at fourteen or more. It's a terrible, terrible thing to do in that there's absolutely no upside to it, the hallucinations are scary, it is not a high at all. Alas, bad judgements lead to addictions.

13. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

My dad doesn't know that I really ran out of my Vicodin prescription already. He doesn't know the pills I've been taking are from someone else. And not all of them are Vicodin.

14. Dust Angel

^
    ^ Hm. I guess the most I ever took at once was four; I didn't have very many to begin with :/

15. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

I hide the fact that I role play online. It's ridiculous the situations "I" get into whilst rping and I don't need my dad knowing. Besides he thinks I'm insane already.
    I also hide that I am most likely going to fail web design and that I am scheduled to graduate in January

16. Calamity

Calamity New Member

- No one knows that I really broke my laptop by going on the internet while taking a bath. Dropped the laptop in the water and didn't get electrocuted.

17. Flock of Margot

Flock of Margot New Member

^WTF???

My mother doesn't know all of my friends are 20+

18. bobosan

bobosan Guest

i never talk to them, so prety much eveything

19. Asthma_Turtle

Asthma_Turtle Active Member

They aren't aware of most of my hopes and dreams.
    They do not know how fucking much I dislike my new school. When I come home in the evening I tell them how great it is.
    They don't know Im not making any friends.
    They don't know the names my classmates constantly call me.
    They aren't aware that I only have 1 real friend lol

Theres probably more than that but my brain's a bitch.

20. My parents don't know I once ended up in the sober house while walking in the uptown, alone, with a bottle of Jim Beam in my hand wearing no shirt and a leather jacket over my bra.

It was 7am on a work day.