Olympics: London 2012.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Thumbelina, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

Annoyed by the 'controversy' over Ye Shiwen's gold medal. I mean, what? A NON-WHITE WOMAN COMPETING FOR AN ASIAN COUNTRY beat a white, American man (because what article/comment about it HASN'T focused on the fact that she beat Lochte's time)? Clearly, she's cheating. Ughghghghghgh.

Glad she's been proven to be clean, though (as if there could be any doubt anyway; 6000 drug tests are taking place during these Olympics!).

2. PunkAssMofo!

PunkAssMofo! Fuzake n Na!

^ Yes, omg! Me and my mum were talking about this earlier and it's absolutely ridiculous that people accused her of being on drugs, like God forbid anyone should beat the USA.

3. Thumbelina

^I don't even know why, either. She's 16; if ever anyone's going to make strides, it's when they're young and still growing etc.

4. PlanetaryGoGo

PlanetaryGoGo Media Division

5. PlanetaryGoGo

Holy fuck.
    German weightlifter Matthias Steiner had the full weight crash on his head cause he couldn't hold it. o_O
    He's okay, but his team took him off the competition.

Also...
    Woop, for Bolt in the 100m.
    It always looks so easy when he's running.

I'm now looking forward to Synchronized Swimming and Rhytmic Gymnastics.

6. SilentRevenge

SilentRevenge Member

I'm mesmerized by the High Jump. I didn't think it was physically possible to jump that high! :shock:

7. XOMBIE

XOMBIE Guest

I swear Marcel Nguyen is the only reason why I watched gymnastics. God bless German gymnastics. He's gorgeous.

8. PlanetaryGoGo

[​IMG]

Olympic Closing Ceremony. I'm actually sad it's over. I've never been this close to the Olympics as I was this year. I've watched for 20 hours a day for the past 16 days. I've seen most of the competitions. I've cried with Tom Daley when he won bronze last night. I cheered with Michael Phelps when he swam his rounds. And I bounced in excitement when Usain Bolt beat his own world/olympic records.

But now I'm gonna enjoy the show while it's still on. I'm gonna post pictures from the Closing as soon as they're online.

9. Thumbelina

Bit disappointed with the closing ceremony. There were some really good bits, but I am glad I recorded it so that I could fast-forward.

I don't know who she was, but the dress worn by the Brazilian woman (during Rio's presentation) was so, so beautiful omg.

10. PlanetaryGoGo

This?
    [​IMG]
    Alessandra Ambrosia. Topmodel.

11. Thumbelina

No, no, no, the other one! x)

I'm trying to find a picture...

12. PlanetaryGoGo

You can say what you want but I enjoy the Paralympic Closing Ceremony way more than I enjoyed the Olympic one. A total of 90 minutes of Coldplay live? That's like a full concert. Also Rihanna was there and Jay-Z. And the show was simply amazing. The athletes were awesome. All of them. They have my respect and they deserve all our respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIRHMmM2z7c