Heartburn

Discussion in 'Completed Fan Fictions' started by Rosie2310, Jan 18, 2011.

1. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

WWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT
    HOW DID I MISS AN UPDATE?!
    I LURK THIS PAGE WAITING FOR ONE!
    FFUUCCCKK ;(((((((((((((((((((((

Anyways. How do you manage to break my heart with every single update? : (((
    And please let Frank have heard Sam confess everything. He really needs to hear that.
    Can I have Sam? He's like, fucking perfect. Really. <3333333333

2. Rosie2310

Rosie2310 Member

Chapter 30

“We’re not in the clear yet I’m afraid, boys. There are still a lot of things that could go wrong. I know you’re been asleep for a month but I’m worried that your body has woken itself up too soon and therefore I think that sleep is the best thing for you right now.”

“Is it alright if I stay?” Sam asked quietly, the nurse had called him back just before he left the hospital when she had realized Frank was awake.

“It’s against hospital policy but looking at the two of you and when Frank woke up, I think it might be best if you do.”

“Thank you Doctor.”

“I’ll be back to check on you in a few hours Frank.”

“Doctor, I heard voices”

“It’s entirely possible that you subconsciously picked up people talking to and around you. Do you remember any of it?” Frank seemed to hesitate slightly.

“No.”

“That’s fine. I’ll be back in a few hours. Sam, can I talk to you outside for a minute?” Sam nodded and let go of Frank’s hand, smiling encouragingly at him before following the Doctor into the sterile corridor.

“I’m worried that’s Frank’s woken up to early and his body’s not ready. It has to rest more if it’s going to heal properly, especially after his body rejected the first blood donation. There is a chance that he will slip back into a coma. I just need you to be prepared for that.”

“What do you think woke him up early? I know that’s not easy to do.”

“If I’m honest, I’m not sure. It’s really worried me. I’m telling you this because I believe that honesty is the best policy. I’m going to run some tests tomorrow to see if we can find out.”

“Thank you Doctor.” Sam rejoined Frank, going back to sit by his bedside. He tried not to be downhearted but the doctor’s words had him fearing the worst.

“What did he want?” Frank asked, taking Sam’s hand again.

“Nothing important honey, it’s fine.”

“You’re lying to me Sam.” Frank smiled but did not press his boyfriend further. They sat in silence for a minute before Frank spoke up again. “You’re too far away Sam,”

“I’m right next to you Frankie.” Sam was confused as to what Frank was trying to get across to him.

“Yeah, and that’s too far.” Suddenly realization dawned on Sam.

“You want me to get onto the bed with you?”

“Please Sam,” Frank begged.

“Alright then,” Sam sighed and stood up, hoisting himself onto the bed and curled up around Frank, on top of the covers, careful to avoid the many wires that connected Frank up to various machinery.

“Sam, I lied.”

“What did you lie about honey?” Sam asked, playing with Frank’s hair with one hand.

“I do remember some of the things I heard. And I want you to know that I fell pretty fucking hard for you too and I would never leave you without putting up one hell of a fight first.” Sam looked down at Frank, stunned, almost welling up at the intensity in Frank’s voice.

“I love you Frank Iero.”

“I love you too Sam Carter. How’s Gerard?”

“Better. Mikey’s helping him with the withdrawal and we’re friends now, or at least we’re getting there. They’re going to come and live in the new house my father’s building for us.”

“Good.”

“Frank, I’m going to try as hard as I can to make sure that you don’t get hurt by anyone again. Joel and your brothers are dead and no one will ever damage you like that again, ever.”

“They’re dead?”

“Joel had a Sudden Adult Death Syndrome that was triggered by the guilt of what he did. You killed Lewis and Brandon shot himself.” Frank was silent for a while as he processed this information, content just to be in Sam’s arms.

“Sam?” He asked after a while.

“Yeah?”

“Would you sing Heartburn for me?” Sam smiled and kissed the top of Frank’s head.

“Wake up for me Frankie, won’t you?”

“I’ll do my best.” Frank chuckled. Sam smiled again and gently pressed his lips to Frank’s once, savouring the feel of Frank’s lips moving against his, unlike the inanimate lips he had been kissing goodbye for the last month.

When they broke apart, he began to quietly sing Heartburn. Frank snuggled in closer to his chest, blocking out the rhythmic beeping of the monitors with Sam’s soft voice.

He was asleep by the time Sam finished singing and after a quick text to Dan to explain where he was, Sam too drifted off to sleep to the sounds of the monitors, the bustling hospital and Frank’s steady breathing, his arms wrapped protectively around his boyfriend.

3. katexstanding

katexstanding New Member

Aw that was perfect! They are so sweet. I loved it. Looks set to be a happy ending, please let it be happy?

4. MrBoggins

N'aww Heartburn was totally the last song I heard when I was driving home from work. <3

I really hope Frank is able to fully heal and doesn't slip back into a coma. :(

“Wake up for me Frankie, won’t you?”
    Heart meltage, totally. :/

unlike the inanimate lips he had been kissing goodbye for the last month
    Stop it with the sadness!! : ((((((((((((

Please let the next update be a happy one. xDDD
    I really need happy right now! lol
    <33333333333

5. MyImmortalMajor

MyImmortalMajor New Member

Nawww that was so adorable!!! Wait does that mean the story's nearly over???

6. MrBoggins

WHATCHOO SAY CAITLIN?!

CRAP I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT!!! V_________V
    PLEASE DON'T END THIS!
    YOU ARE FORCED TO WRITE TO THIS STORY THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

:D

7. MyImmortalMajor

*sinks in* *gasps* *dies*

8. MrBoggins

CREYS

nooooooooooooo!!!!

9. Rosie2310

Rosie2310 Member

Chapter 31

So...the final chapter of Heartburn. I love this story and i'm very proud of it, it's the longest i've ever written and yeah :)

thank you for reading this guys, it means the world to me. You'll probably pick this up but this chapter looks one year into the future. also, in case you don't know, sixth form is a type of college.

this chapter i'm going to dedicate to my best friend Kate because she's wonderful and puts up with me and draws on me in our english lessons (though i might have started it by trying to write Frank on her face) :wub:

so, i'm in pyjama bottoms, my architects shirt, a spanish hoodie meant for an XL biker and my one year old nephew's pirate hat that doesn't fit and this is the final chapter of Heartburn.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“How many cats are there Archie? Shall we count them? There’s 1 – 2 – 3! 3 Cats.” Jessica’s son giggled happily as Frank bounced him on his lap, looking through one of his books.

Frank looked up and spotted Gerard watching him from the doorway, two mugs of coffee in his hands.

“You’re pretty amazing with him, how did you learn to be such a good father?”
    “Experience of what not to do I suppose.” Frank shrugged. “One of them had best be for me. Archie woke up at three last night and I need more caffeine.”

“Of course it is,” Gerard smiled and set it down on the table in front of Frank, sitting down on the sofa next to him. “When’s Jess getting back from Cuba?”

“Two weeks. She was only going to take a two week holiday because she didn’t want to burden us but I made her take a month; she needs it.”

“You’re so selfless,” Gerard commented, frowning slightly.

“Na, I love this kid. I’d do anything for him or his mum,” Frank told him, moving Archie’s hand away from his face before he could start yanking on his lip or nose ring.

“And his actual father has nothing to do with him?”

“No, he tried to get in on the kid’s life about two months after he was born but Jess wasn’t having any of it. She told him he had to be there the whole time or not at all. She told him she could manage perfectly well on her own with my support and that if he was going to be a complete part of Archie’s life for the rest of his life then he could fuck off.”

“When are Sam and the others getting back?” Gerard asked, tickling Archie’s stomach to delighted giggles.

“Not sure. I’m not even sure where they’ve gone. Sam’s been excited all week and he won’t tell me why.”

“I’d tell you.” Gerard told him quietly.

“I know you would Gee,” Frank sighed, used to Gerard’s efforts by now. “Do you realize that it has been exactly a year since I woke up from the coma?”
    “That was a scary month for all of us.”

“It’s all behind us now. We can only focus on the present and look forward to the future.” Frank lifted Archie up into the air and swung him back down, making the happy toddler laugh loudly again. He set the nearly-one-year-old down on the floor to play with his toys before sitting back up and beginning to drink his coffee.

“You’re getting all philosophical on me there Frankie.” Gerard laughed.

“That reminds me: I need to do my ethics essay and plan my psychology essay. Sixth Form’s a bitch. I’ll do it after diner tonight when Archie’s been put to bed.”

“Frankie! You home?!” Sam’s voice called out from the hallway.

“Living room!” Frank called back. The members of Architects trudged through the door with downtrodden expressions on all of their faces. Tom and Ali’s hands were intertwined, Dan’s arm was around his girlfriend of six month’s waist and Mikey followed behind, driver to the band since he was the only one with a licence.

Frank stood up and Sam pulled him into his arms, kissing him gently before letting him go and picking up Archie, hoisting him onto his hip.

“Why do you all look so upset?” Frank asked, letting Archie cling onto his finger, his other hand on Sam’s cheek. Sam sighed sadly and shared a brief look with Dan. Then he turned back to Frank, a smile slowly spreading across his face.

“We just signed a record deal.”

10. katexstanding

katexstanding New Member

I love this chapter and this whole story. :wub: The ending was perfect and amazing and I loved it. It was just right. I'm going to miss this :(

Promise me you'll never stop writing? (even if it is on my face!) Everything you write is amazing, especially this :wub:

11. MyImmortalMajor

What a perfect ending :) <3 I'll really miss this, so post a link on here when you start your next one!!!

12. MrBoggins

I'm so sad this is now over. :(
    Perfect fucking ending though.
    Buuuutttttt. If you ever decide you're bored, feel free to pick back up on it. <333

This definitley became one of my favorite stories on here. ^_^
    I'm so glad Frank is still with Sam. TEAM SAM FOR THE WIN!!!!
    And that Frank is better, and Gerard is trying to get with him which means he's clean.
    And Archie. N'aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Made me so freaking happy.

Thank you for writing this story!!
    <33333333

13. Rosie2310

Rosie2310 Member

katexstanding: i promise. though you could have at least let me finish his name, thank you though sweetie, you're a great editor-ry person.

MyImmortalMajor: thank you, it really means a lot. and since I'm constantly writing, as you requested: http://www.theblackparade.net/t16167/

TheFictionWeLive: Whenever I write something you always end up being one of my favourite commenters and this was no exception. I may have to take you up on that offer one day :p but thank you, saying something like that is the highest compliment anyone could possible give me and I'm so glad that through this you've gotten into architects because they are beyond amazing and deserve the recognition.

there are never enough words to express how grateful i am that you read and commented on this. have some tom and ali love in the hopes that it may begin to convey my gratitude.

[​IMG]

14. xXxlozzaxXx

xXxlozzaxXx New Member

:O i haven't read this one for ages, and its over? :'( but i must admit, its a beautiful ending :wub:

15. katexstanding

katexstanding New Member

^Tom and Ali love makes every ending beautiful.