Hannibal

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by Lenore, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

New serie, started in 2013.
    Anyone else watch it? :)

link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2243973/?ref_=sr_1

2. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

I knew about this before it started, and I really wanted to watch it, but I missed the first few episodes somehow. I think it may have been on at the same time as another show I watched, but now most shows are on hiatus for the summer, so there's nothing conflicting with it. But it's 10 episodes in now, so I either have to find a way to watch it online, or I have to wait for it to come out on DVD or Instant, and hope I can watch it before the next series starts. I've seen a lot about it on Tumblr, though, and it looks pretty fantastic.

3. Lenore

I torrent it (actually my bf does). I can ask what site he gets it from? I watch it English dubbed as well. I really like it and am quite fascinated by it (though sometimes there's some gore shit). My bf thinks the tempo is too slow and it drags on too much. You should start watch it! I really like the special effects too.

4. Lokeriel

I torrented the first episode, and am watching it now! I'm about half way through, and I'm liking it so far.

5. Lokeriel

OH GOD I'M ALL CAUGHT UP AND NEXT WEEK IS THE SEASON FINALE AND WHY DIDN'T I WATCH THIS SOONER?! Holy sh-it, man. I really dig this show.

/doublepostsorrynotsorry

6. Lenore

YES. Someone to discuss it with. I've only watched 5 or 6 episodes, though. Next week's already the season finale? /bummed out

7. Lokeriel

Yeah, it was a midseason show, so it's only got 12 episodes. I don't know if it's getting picked up for a second season, but if it does, hopefully it'll get a full season (which is 22-24 episodes.)

8. Lenore

Just watched ep.6 yesterday. So amazing! It's getting darker and darker. Hopefully it did really well and they want to continue this serie!

9. Lokeriel

Oh, so I was wrong about this; there are actually 13 episodes in this season, but only 12 (including the upcoming finale) were aired in America. The 4th episode was unaired, due to "sensitive subject matter" or something stupid because Americans are a bunch of fucking pussies. Though they did end up cutting out chunks of that episode, and releasing it as webisodes. But this means that I missed an episode somewhere. I downloaded episode 4, but it was the cut up webisodes version, so it was only 20 minutes long. And I've only see 11 episodes, though there are 12 at this posint, so I have to figure out which one I missed.

10. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

omgwtf. Almost EVERY-fucking-ONE I follow has just started obsessing about this show and omg, I SO BADLY want to watch it but I SO HATE/cannot be bothered to watch stuff online. D:

11. Lokeriel

^Haha, sorry! I've started reblogging a fair bit of Hannibal stuff since I started watching it. You should totally watch it, though! It's only 13 episodes, so it won't take long to get through. But now it's over until next year, and I think I'm going to die before then.

12. Lenore

No one I know watches this show! Haha. Me and my boyfriend wanted to watch a new serie, since Grey's Anatomy is over until the next season starts. (He doesn't watch GA though, he downloaded it for me and watched it 'together'. Meaning, he was playing on his phone an I watched it) So we searched IMDB on series started this year and an average grade of 7 or up. And we stumbled upon this show! I have no idea if I've missed an episode or not. Did you get to see the episode with the 'angels'? I thought that was pretty gruesome. Or it was the one with the mushrooms/fungus.

13. Lokeriel

^Yeah, I believe the angels were episode 3? As far as the missing episode, according to Wiki; "The series fourth episode, "Œuf", which revolved around kidnapped children who had been brainwashed into murdering their own former families, was pulled from the United States broadcast schedule at the request of creator Bryan Fuller. The episode was still shown in other countries." So if you've seen that one, you've not missed anything!

14. Lenore

Yeah I saw that one! Was the least shocking one out of them all. Maybe because there were children involved?

15. Lokeriel

It was meant to air soon after there had been a big school shooting here in the States, I believe. The subject matter was too close to home, so they made the decision not to air it.

16. Lenore

Ah, okay. Understandable!

17. Lenore

Season finale! Omg I can't wait for season 2.