England Riots.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Thumbelina, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

When a fifteen-year-old kid walks through the front door with a 40" TV tucked under their arm, what the hell are they going to say to their parents? Mind you, if they've been allowed out without question late at night, I shouldn't imagine their parents are the kind of people who'd ask questions...
    I was talking to my boyfriend about it this morning. He said he'd heard they started on Erdington High Street as well.
    EDIT: Just read this on Yahoo! news:

'One young looter in Manchester said it was a chance to get back at the police for arresting young people for no reason. "I've come for the money," he said. "The police nick you for stupid things. This is our payback. They can't do nothing [sic] to us today.".'

So is it for the money or 'payback'? God, these people are stupid. As someone else here said, they're destroying their own city because they have the IQ of a spoon.

2. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

3. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

Good article.

4. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

5. Thumbelina

6. Thumbelina

7. Madden

Madden Faut souffrir pour ĂȘtre

Yes. That's a really interesting article.

8. xokay_nowx

He said nothing in a couple thousand words.
    After reading his book, there's no doubt in my mind Brand would be part of this if he hadn't 'made it.'

9. Thumbelina

^There's a lot of padding and stuff, but I think the overall sentiment/some of the actually pertinent things he says are good and because he's so well-known, it's good that he's saying it.

10. xokay_nowx

Yeah, I think his heart is in the right place.

11. cup-full-of-blood

cup-full-of-blood New Member

man this riot is getting really bad :blink:
    why are they doing it?

12. Thumbelina

Well, if you read the articles...

Basically, there's a lot of tension anyway due to massive cuts which affect certain less-well-off people/places more than others, then a guy was shot by a policeman (possibly unjustifiably, not sure yet?).

13. cup-full-of-blood

cup-full-of-blood New Member

thanks well i dont really read the news so thats why haha but this i sjust wanted to know >.< and this seemed the easiest place :) xx

14. Thumbelina

15. xokay_nowx

I like what he says around 3:10 about individualism being at odds with support of the community.

16. Madden

Madden Faut souffrir pour ĂȘtre