Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by VickyWild, May 28, 2007.

1. MarieArt

MarieArt Champion of Losers

You have some good points. The writing has changed tremendously; big difference in 10 and 11. Gargantuan difference.

And Ash, I'm DYING! And slightly terrified.

2. kadoodle

kadoodle crazy cat lady Staff Member

OMG, that's tomorrow! But it'll be in the middle of the night for me!

3. MarieArt

Sweet freaking Jesus! I hope Mischa Collins isn't freaking joking or pulling legs; did y'all see his tweet? "exciting news tomorrow. Hint: it has something to do with the UK and a phone booth." Ya know what else is tomorrow? 12th doctor news..... Toying with me like this is not acceptable.... Not freaking acceptable.

4. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

5. MarieArt

Oh he toyed with me.... After I thought about it last night, I kept thinking "What about supernatural? It wouldn't be the same without Cass! I don't want him to leave Supernatural.... He can't be the doctor...."
    I'm relieved actually lmao, after I about passed out.

6. Lokeriel

STILL NOT GINGER.

7. kadoodle

8. MarieArt

I really like the choice. I think he'll be great. I'll miss Matt.

9. Wasn't the Eighth Doctor ginger? He appears so.

I was iffy at first on the new casting, but hey I'm happy!

10. MarieArt

I didn't want a supermodel. I didn't care about what gender or race as long as he serves the role well.

11. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

I cared about gender and race because it's about fucking time someone other than a white cisman played a fucking ALIEN. I mean, shit, it's sci-fi/fantasy but god forbid it tries to break a boundary.

In other news: Stephen Moffat is still a piece of shit and Neil Gaiman has also gone down in my estimation (it's apparently not time for a female doctor because the twelfth doctor needs to be more dark and dangerous than eleven and... women can't do that?? Or something).

12. Lokeriel

Apparently a black actor was offered the role, but turned it down. And yeah, I'm kind of bummed about that Neil had to say about it not being time for a female Doctor. But, /shrug, I don't know.

I am glad, though, that they cast an older guy in the role. I admit to being a huge shipper, and I actually have a hard time watching things if there's nothing I can ship, but I don't ship the Doctor with anyone, never really have. And with 10, and especially 11, the shipping is insane! I just can. So I'm just hopping they'll (the shippers, and the writers) will take the romantic angle down, a little bit.

13. kadoodle

Yep, the anglo blokes only policy on the Dr is bugging me too. Take a risk, damn it! I mean, if you can't push boundaries in sci-fi, where can you push them?

14. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

^Exactly.

Interesting about the black actor, though; do you know who it was, Ash?

15. Lokeriel

^No clue who the actor was; Neil answered a question about it on Tumblr, saying he wouldn't reveal who it was, as he was told in confidence

16. MarieArt

I'd like to see a female or a black person play the doctor, but I'll go with the flow on who they choose. Then again, I'm particular, but not picky; if that makes any damn since. Ya know, I wouldn't want to see an American play him because America --to be more specific, the US--is sticking its nose up everyone's rump. Even mine right now and I freaking live here, but that is purely my opinion.

17. kadoodle

You couldn't have an American Doctor in the same way that you couldn't have an American James Bond. It just wouldn't work.

18. MarieArt

Hell no it wouldn't work. lol.

19. Is this the article here?