California 2019 Box Set Problems. [Updated 2/8]

Discussion in 'Rock News & Updates' started by Lokeriel, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

I got this email from Warner Brothers last night.

So apparently there's something wrong with the rayguns, so they're sending them back, and we won't get them til early next year. It sounds to me, that we also won't be getting the masks or bracelets until then either, as the email says the album and EP will come, but the rest of the box set will be delayed.

This is kind of a drag, for sure, but the digital download of the album the night before release and the 15 buck credit for the MCR.com store certainly helps ease the disappointment, haha.

UPDATE 1/14
    UPDATE 2/8

2. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

I got the exact same e-mail today.
    Totally forgot about the bracelet and masks.. Too be honest I think they will send them along with the CD en EP. Why would they wait with that?

Very happy about the 15 dollar giftcard! Will we get the code for that on the 21st?
    What they're giving us to kinda make up for the delay is really great. Normally they just send you an e-mail saying it's been delayed. Kudos to them!

3. MCRmypansy

MCRmypansy New Member

I was just about ask if anyone has gotten an e-mail about them sending the package already cause I am at school and aol is blocked and i can't wait to get home lol. And when i was reading the beginning I was scared it was going to say that the CD wasn't coming but thank God that's not the case! Tbh, idc if I don't get the mask and gun right now, just as long as I get the CDs! Plus, the consolation prizes totally make up for it :)

4. AstroZombie

AstroZombie New Member

It sucks for me because I now need to pay two sets of custom charges, I'd rather they sent mine all in one go if I'm honest ><
    But at least with the $15 free I can get a new journal, which I'm ecstatic about :D
    I'm really happy that they care though, it's actually quite sweet of them to do this, as much as I was looking forwards to getting a ray gun next week :3

5. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

Idk about the mask and the bracelet. The wording of the email gives me the impression that we'll get them next year with the gun, but I guess we won't know for sure until the box comes.
    I'm excited for the 15 bucks for the mcr store though. Totally getting a bandanna. I was gonna buy one when I ordered my box set, but I decided to hold off, as I was planning on spending money on concert tickets. (that I totally didn't get, oh well.) But I'm glad now that I didn't order it then, and now I'll be able to get it for free!
    And yeah, I assume we'll get an email on the 21st with instructions on how to get the digital download.

6. EXPLOSION

EXPLOSION Active Member

I'm pretty dissapointed tbh but I'm sure I won't care once I have the album!
    The $15 voucher kinda sucks for me 'cause that won't even cover the postage to Ireland..

7. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

Totally forgot about the postage..
    Shipping costs are already 18 dollars for me.
    This sucks.

8. EXPLOSION

EXPLOSION Active Member

Ya this does suck!!

9. Loki

Loki New Member

Got the same exact thing last night.
    The $15 and digital copy the night before cushions the blow :B

10. JillGeeRAWRd

JillGeeRAWRd Member

Just got it like 20 minutes ago. I'm definitely using the $15 for the bandanas.

11. GuitarFreak77

GuitarFreak77 New Member

I was disappointed until I got to the part about the gift card and the digital download! I can live with all of that! :D the 15 dollars will help with the hoodie that I want!

12. I was a little disapointed, especially for my friend. I ordered one for her for christmas, now she'll have to wait for Christmas present....
    I'm really looking forward to the digital download! Because I live in Australia, I was afraid that I would get the album late and miss out but now I'll have it before the stores!
    The $15 voucher does help a little, I hope there isn't an expiry like the Killjoy contest, cause once I get the gun, I'm going to buy the corresponding mask...hopefully.

13. PlanetaryGoGo

PlanetaryGoGo Media Division

Bandana. Cause the mask comes along with the gun. ;)

14. Ah my bad, meant bandana. I'm too excited for DrDeathDefying's video thing. Got up at 3am for it. But yeah, getting the bandana once I get the gun and mask

15. Ain'tJustForTheFamex

Ain'tJustForTheFamex Active Member

Heart broken. I want a raygun.
    But with the $15, I can get an art book and those cool hourglass pens, so I'm good. B)

16. I think we're still getting the ray gun, just not with the box on the expected date

17. Stooksss

Stooksss Active Member

Now dammit! I don't want a free itunes download. I already preordered it and I'm buying concert tickets tomorrow that come with a code for a download. I appreciate that they want it to be decent quality, but fuck.

18. Ain'tJustForTheFamex

Ain'tJustForTheFamex Active Member

^ It pissed me off too. But we get $15! :{3

19. Stooksss

Stooksss Active Member

True. I'm really happy about that. I never have money or a credit card, so that will be nice.

20. Phantomchild

Phantomchild Guest

Gutted when I got that e-mail about the guns 'cause I'm going to a fancy dress college party and I was hoping to wear my mask and ray gun (I can still use the alien ray gun I have that lights up and a cut-out mask from the website). Ah well it'll be like a late Christmas present and we get $15, so getting a bandanna with that.