Building of Minarets banned in Switzerland (2009)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Kaytea, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Kaytea

Kaytea TSoSP

This happened back in the end of 2009, but it's been infuriating me more and more lately; so I decided to post it here, if nothing else then just as an awareness thing- how absolutely backwards some countries can be, even ones well known for being developed and strong and international.

[​IMG]

Full Article

The Swiss People's Party- the one who started this whole thing- caused a bit of a stir a year or two before this by putting out extremely racist campaign posters (claiming, obviously, that they were not)

Sheep poster; Hand poster

2. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

This isn't a popular opinion (at least not publicly), but to be honest, I think we (Europeans and Americans) have to do something at some point, or our countries will become literally infiltrated with Islamic culture and our own culture will disappear... no, I'm not being paranoid. Look at the statistics. In Paris, 20% of the youth are Muslim. This is because they (Muslims) reproduce at very high rates, whereas Caucasians have all but stopped reproducing. Per woman, they have 8.2 children on average, per European woman, we have 2.8 children on average. Noticing a disparity/problem?
    In a few generations we'll be dead, and they'll be ruling our countries. Maybe you're cool with that. I don't know. I'm definitely not. We can't let the West fall without a fight.
    /rant

Not that the answer is to take away their permission to worship, of course.
    Speaking as an American, I think the answer is to limit immigration. Get a fucking hold on it. My second cousin, Marcie, and her family moved to Mexixo (her husband's native land) for a few months, and then they left- guess why? Mexican government kicked 'em out because they immigrated illegally.
    They have no sympathy for us; why sympathize with them?

(This especially applies to Muslims who preach about the "blue-eyed devil" and the like.)

3. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

So, you're basically saying that if you moved to another country, made your life there, and then got kicked out, you'd be cool with it?

4. xokay_nowx

Legal immigration vs. illegal immigration: learn the difference.

I wouldn't immigrate illegally; I would respect the laws of the country to which I moved and follow them (file the necessary immigration paperwork, wait in line, etc.)

And it's a country's right to decide who can be a citizen and who can't, so basically, yes, I would.

You don't have the "right" to live wherever you want to whenever you want to.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Give me love.

Megan actually said everything I was thinking, on this matter.

6. xokay_nowx

LOL I'm actually shocked, Ayesha! I dunno why, but I saw your name on "last post" and was like, oh shit, Ayesha's not going to be happy with me.
    xD!

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Give me love.

Ahaha. Nah, I'm with you this time Megan. I mean, no, banning minarets isn't right. But with their population increase (and no not to sound racist at all), but people are generally afraid of Muslims now days. Take the immigration issue and add in the numerous other aspects that have lead people to be afraid of them as it is, you're bound to get a backlash from the larger population. It's something that, as sad as it is, I think we'll start to see a bit more of in coming years.

8. Don Ricalo

Don Ricalo Panda Bear.

The only reason I'm agreeing with the ban is because it would be a huge positive step in the eyes of the British population. We've got a unique identity that's being drowned out by the endless list of other cultures invading our country, but instead of them being deported or imprisoned, we simply welcome them with everything for free, paid for by the tax paying nation who actually work for this country. I'm pretty sure we're #2 on the list of terrorist targets when it comes to 'The West' and we're simply laying out everything for them, building to accommodate them, bending over backwards and creating laws that punish the other citizens but not the Muslims, everything is done as to not insult them in the slightest, even changing nursery rhyme lyrics in schools as to not offend. It's complete and utter bullshit and if this happened here we'd be overjoyed.

I went out on Friday night for St. George's day. We decided you can no longer celebrate being British, but only commiserate and mourn as the one great nation collapses under a Government-created path of destruction.

9. xokay_nowx

Well said, Richard.
    We here in the States feel similarly, although I think the U.K. is being "invaded" a lot worse than the U.S. is, and it sucks worse for Brits because whereas America is "supposed to be a melting pot" and all this nonsense anyhow, Britain definitely never was.