BBC's Sherlock

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by Cryptic KillJoy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Cryptic KillJoy

Cryptic KillJoy New Member

Okay, I did look for this and couldn't find it. I was wodnering how many of you watch/watched, the new-ish, BBC reimagining of Sherlock Holmes. (Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, Holmes and Watson respectively).

It's a modern day interpretation, and I am really pleased with it. I think it's a great show which does stay, as true as possible to the original Cona Doyle tales. And, if it's a selling point for people, it's written and created by two of the writers of Doctor Who; Mark gatiss and Steven Moffat.

So, enjoy discussion and what-not :) <3

2. i really liked it, the stuck to the story very well and benidict cumberbatch did an incredible job at portraying the pale, socially awkward eniglish boy that sherlock holmes is in the books (and original television series) but in more resent remakes the directors seem to have forgotten and some how falsified his character in to a glorious hero which he never wanted to be in the books, although i am rather curious about how he survived the jump from the hospital roof, it was all-in-all a very good program and cant wait for the next series

3. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

I've been hearing about this for ages, and I realized Netflix has series 1 on streaming, so I decided to give it a try, and I quite liked it! Series 2 is only available on disc, so I have it in queue, but it's been like a month, and it's still got a "very long wait." Balls.

4. TheNickiOfDoom

TheNickiOfDoom Time Lord

I'm borderline obsessed with this show. New series doesnt start until November and it's killing me after the way they ended series 2

5. Lokeriel

Holy sh-it, series 2! That ending! By the time series 3 comes out, it'll have been like, a year and a half! Stupid Martin Freeman and Britishguy Fancyname having successful busy film careers.

6. TheNickiOfDoom

TheNickiOfDoom Time Lord

Brittishguy Fancyname

I almost peed myself laughing at that.

7. Lokeriel

8. Stooksss

Stooksss Active Member

I just finished watching S2E3 last night and HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FAKE JUMPING OFF OF A GODDAMN BUILDING?! Bumpercar Cabbagepatch did such a great job. And I just love his name so much.

9. Lokeriel

Well, hopefully we'll find out how he faked it next season! I'm going to die, waiting, though. It's been forever, this is ridiculous.

10. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

I just started watching it. I was hesitant because I couldn't think of how you would take something like Sherlock Holmes and set it in modern day, but they do it so well.

11. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

Since it's been like 7 months...
    ---
    We still don't know how he faked jumping off a building. BUT HOW DO YOU FAKE BLOWING YOUR BRAINS OUT?!?!?!
    Also, Sherlock's wedding toast was the best.

12. Lokeriel

I really don't think we'll ever truly find out how Sherlock faked it. I REALLY hope we find out how Moriarty faked it though. I spent almost the entirety of that third episode just going "WTF?!" over and over.

13. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

You and me both, because even if there was only a blank in there he'd either be dead, or if he's a good shot have his head permanently tilted to one side