Amy Winehouse Dead at 27

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by xokay_nowx, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Actually, I think that the fame and the pressure from the press did those things to her, because before she began her singing career, she was drug and alcohol-addicted-free.

I know....I loevd the way her voice sounded. Her voice reminded me of singers like Frank Sinatra and [kind of like] Brenda Lee. It was like Blues and jazz, which was very rare at the time. Her songs and MCR's "Teenagers" was what I was obsessed with then and I was really sad when I found out about her death.

Yeah, she had a really tough time with the drug/alcohol addiction. I hope they find out the cause of her death soon, and I hope she rests peacefully.

2. cup-full-of-blood

cup-full-of-blood New Member

^
    Sorry but going to disagree there, i think a strong person wouldn't need to turn to drink and drugs, from fame and pressure, just cuz ya in the limelight doesn't mean she should have took them. She didn't have to unless someone forced at gun point to take the drugs...which we can never be sure of but I doubt that happened.
    I think she was a good performer and could have gone further if not for the drungs and so forth.:mmm: xx

3. WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious? Active Member

Oh okay.

4. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

Well I am sorry, maybe there was something else going on in her life that made her turn to them. Besides even a strong person could have moments of weakness that can easily turn into an addiction

5. ^ Uh-huh. There's no such thing as a perfect person, which means that there's no such thing as a person who's always strong.

6. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

Going to chime in and say that, frankly, none of us are qualified to discuss her reasons for getting into drugs and the like - sometimes it happens and it's not for us to decide whether or not her 'reasons' for 'getting herself addicted' are good enough or not. At this point, it's entirely irrelevant.

Whilst I agree with Katie, and I am so glad that it hasn't gone the way of Jade Goody (hated and ridiculed until she died of cancer, after which, she was treated as some kind of hero), I think that it has gone a little too much the other way and regardless of the our own opinions, people should be respectful because whatever else she might have been, she was a daughter and a friend to people and it's not fair on them.

7. TheNickiOfDoom

TheNickiOfDoom Time Lord

This was my reaction as well.

8. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

Heard someone congratulate her for having 72 hours sobriety under her belt. Kind of made me sick. I won't pretend to be a fan or anything, but it's still sad when someone dies. My sympathies are with her family/fans.

9. Seraphim

Seraphim Active Member

I'd be lying if I said I was ever a fan of Amy Winehouse, but I'm pretty disgusted with the way people are saying she 'deserved it' or whatever.
    She might have made some really stupid choices in her life, but she was still a human being ffs. The fact she was a drug addict doesn't make her life worthless. Wasted, maybe. But not worthless.
    People need to learn how to show some sympathy, even if it's only for her family and friends. Regardless of how she lived her life, those people still lost someone they loved and even if Amy was some kind of 'time bomb', it wouldn't make her loss any less painful for them.
    A lot of people don't realize that she actually did want to change. (Or at least a part of her did)
    And I think it's sad that she couldn't be saved.

10. ^ Mmmhmm.
    If those people were in her shoes for a day [when she was alive], they wouldn't say anything, because they would then know how tough it was for her.
    Her parents and close friends tried to help her through those struggling times, but she couldn't stop. She wanted to quit. At first, she didn't, but then she knew where she was heading to, and she wanted to escape before it was too late. But she didn't. :\

11. cup-full-of-blood

Aparently she was killed by a sudden loss of alcohol. She suddenly stopped all together and thats what killed her, it said on the news but that was her family. I don't know what to think of that, my nan suddenly stopped alcohol and she is more than fine, i think it's more due to the drugs, i don't really know. No one deserves to die like that, but if only she hadn't gone too far, i mean gerard stopped so it proofs that people can.

I would say my sympathy lies on her family, freinds and fans but in all honesty i don't know her and i never was a fan so whats happened is whats happend.

12. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

^ If she really did die of withdrawal, she must have been drinking much, much more than your Nan probably was.
    We don't know that it was withdrawal for certain, but it could have been. When you've been drinking that much alcohol, it's strongly recommended that you detox in a hospital, not at home.

13. Kaytea

Kaytea TSoSP

"sudden loss of alcohol"?

damn, how much do you have to be drinking? O___o

I read somewhere that she apparently bought drugs earlier that evening though.

14. cup-full-of-blood

welll i dunno, no one really can be sure why or how she died, as we will never know what has happend behind the spotlight. Whats done is done i guess.

15. PunkAssMofo!

PunkAssMofo! Fuzake n Na!

Uhhh, unless they do autopsies and blood work and that to find out what was/wasn't in her system...

16. CherieNoir

CherieNoir Member

Yet another rock star to join Club 27. Kurt Cobain, Richey Edwards, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and now Amy.