x- Demolition Lovers: Obsession Is Beautiful. (not an average Frerard)

Discussion in 'Completed Fan Fictions' started by x-DemolitionLover-x, May 24, 2011.

1. -melovesMCRXx-

-melovesMCRXx- New Member

Hdhshehehshdh, I love you <3
    Awesome updates!!
    I rreeaalllyyyy LOVE Franks dad, omg he's amazing :3

2. Mrs.Iero Way

Mrs.Iero Way New Member

^^yeah me luffles Frank's dad to.

3. x-DemolitionLover-x

x-DemolitionLover-x New Member

It's been 10 days D=
    Have an update, I hope you're all still with me ?? ;'3

Chapter 36

You lose track of time as you and Gerard are halfway through your signature sleepover movie: A Nightmare Before Christmas.
    You know for a fact you've seen it too many times, but you don't care.
    It's not long before you begin to fall asleep, slumped against the equally tired form beside you.

You wake in a blur.
    You're in a bathroom.. but not your own..
    This is the Way's bathroom, you realise, looking around and spotting Mikey's glasses case on the shelf and several cans of hairspray, and straighteners still plugged in to the wall. The boy is a fire hazard..

You can hear yelling downstairs.. From what you hear it sounds like Gerard and Mikey's mother..
    You strain to hear the front door open, and walk to the bathroom door, flinching back as it's flung open as a shaken Gerard flies through it, slamming it shut behind him. You hear the lock switch, and Gerard practically runs to the cabinet, tears streaming from his reddened eyes.
    He flings the doors open and begins inspecting the contents, some bottles going back into the cupboard, some flung into the tub or onto the floor.

You run to him, trying to get him to snap out of it, he can't hear you, he can't see you.. Was he ignoring you ??
    "GERARD. LISTEN TO ME. STOP IT." You scream, your voice going unheard.
    You see him remove some very powerful sleeping tablets, taking four at once before taking six painkillers.
    You try to scream, your voice once again falling on deaf ears.
    Knocks are heard at the door, furious banging, as Gerard smashes himself into the mirror and falls back onto the floor, shaking with tears.
    He grabs hold of a shard of glass next to him and places it to his skin.
    You try and pull it away from him, but you can no longer move, only watch, as Gerard drags the rough edge through his arm, slicing deeper than you've ever seen, halfway up the inside of his forearm.
    "No, Gerard, no.." You say, tears streaming down your face.

Tears stream, down your face, when you lose something you cannot replace..
    Tears stream, down your face and I..

You're woken by the soft sound of your ringtone and lay there breathing.
    You turn to check if Gerard had woken up, but the guy sleeps like a log.. It's only then you realise Gerard had draped his arm over you, and is alot closer than you remember him being..

Lights will guide you home.
    And ignite your bones.
    And I will try, to fix you..

You grab your phone and turn off the ringtone before it replays.
    A text from Mikey, it can wait until morning..
    You throw your phone somewhere vaguely near your clothes hamper and it lands on your clothes with a soft thud.
    You think back to the dream you just had and look to the sleeping form next to you..
    You practically throw yourself into his arms, getting as close to him as you can, just to hear, just to feel that he's still alive.
    He unconsiously tightens his arms around you, and you let out a small sigh of relief. He tightens his arms again, entwining his legs with yours and pulling you closer.
    You manage to fall back to sleep, with the smallest hint of a smile on your face.

~~~~~~~~

A/N. I don't often write Author's Notes after chapters on here, but it seemed necessary.
    The lyrics to Frank's ringtone (Coldplay - Fix You) fit into this story very, very well. Possibly even better than Demolition Lovers, so far.
    I'm thinking of making it the themetune, so Frank's ringtone can stay as that song, and when it goes off, you can all have a bit of nostalgia.
    If I ever run out of things to do, I might also make a video. <3

Comments pl0x !! I wanna know what you guys think of the story so far, long-butt comments get internet cookies. (the good kind, not the browsing-history kind.)

4. Mrs.Iero Way

Mrs.Iero Way New Member

omg
    i just love you sooo much right now
    ive been bored for hours then when i checked back here and saw you posted i squealed with happiness.
    YEY FOR FRERARD! <3

5. x-DemolitionLover-x

UPDATE BECAUSE I.. I suck at updating recently.. (sorry !!) I hope the excessive Frerard-Fluff moments make up for it....

Chapter 37

You wake to find youself extremely comfortable and warm.
    You open your eyes and find yourself wrapped around Frank, his breathing is slow.
    You can practically feel his even, sleepy heartbeat through your own chest.
    Your arms are circled around him, one high, and one low, on his back, and your legs are tangled together below the covers. You don't quite remember how you got into this position, but you don't care.
    You sigh and hug back into Frank, who nuzzles closer to your chest briefly before moving away to yawn. He ends up half on his back, your arms still mostly around him and your legs still tangled.

"What time is it ??" Frank mumbles hoarsely, before being interrupted by a violent yawn attack.
    "Not a clue. Check your phone ??" You mumble out, pulling Frank back towards you to seal the heat back in, and not even slightly giving him a chance to find his phone.
    "It's in the hamper.." Frank says, collapsing back next to you in defeat.
    "Why-"
    "Don't ask."
    You lay there for another minute before Frank eventually says "f**k it." And gets up, leaving you cold and alone.

"Hmm." Frank says shortly after staring at his phone for a while, before throwing his phone back down and getting back into bed.
    "Well ?? The time being ??"
    "Oh, round about 10am." Frank says calmly as your eyes widen in shock, "Oh, and Mikey text last night asking if we were good. I said yeah."
    "Frank.. Lemme get this straight.." You begin, rubbing your eyes with your thumb and index finger, "We're currently missing school."
    "Yupp. Now come on, I'm cold and tired." Frank says, sinking back next to you and pulling the covers back over himself. You hit him in the stomach, causing him to make a pained whining noise.

"Gee, come on, just skip school ?? You said you would.." Frank whines and looks at you, hope glinting in his now-green eyes.
    "Fine." You say, after like, the longest pause ever.
    "Yes !! Thankyou !!" Frank says, practically tackling you.
    After a while he calms down and just leans on you sleepily.
    "What's the plan ??" You say as calmly as possible as Frank shuffles closer to you in his sleep-deprived state.
    "Hmm.. I dunno.. You should probably go get changed or something.." Frank says sleepily into your shoulder.

You shrug him off you and stand up.
    "Come on then." You say, signalling to the door.
    "What ?? Gerard, I.. Your mom ??"
    "f**k her, I'm not going without you." You say, offering your hand to Frank.
    He smiles wonkily and takes your hand,before pulling on some clothes. The two of you sneak downstairs and get out just as Frank's mother leaves the bathroom.

You walk slowly to your house at first, picking up the pace as the Autumn wind blows colder.
    You knock, twice, loudly, and step back as the door swings open.
    Your brother stands there, panic across his face as he sees you. You wonder why he's not at school, he responds by sneezing loudly, three times, into his sleeve.
    "Gerard, mom's gonna-"
    "Michael, don't talk on my behalf." Your mother says, stepping into view from behind Mikey, who mutters an apology before disappearing.
    "I'd like a word with you. The both of you." Your mother says, standing back and holding the door open, "And for God sake, Gerard, put some proper clothes on."

6. x-DemolitionLover-x

Everyone say hello to my friend Jack. He won't admit it out loud and get an account, but he's reading this as a guest.
    Because secretly, he loves a bit of fanfiction.
    To celebrate him coming out of the closet, I'm giving you all a double update !!

Chapter 38

You make your way back downstairs after getting changed to hear your mother's laughter echoing from the kitchen. Thinking she's having a go at Frank, you run the last two steps and skid into the doorway, to see Frank and your mother sat opposite eachother by the kitchen table, laughing uncontrollably and trying to keep their drinks steady.

"Gerard, why didn't you tell me Frankie was so charming ??" Your mother says as she slows her laughing, Frank turns to you and grins.
    You slide into the seat next to Frank and look warily at your mother, who's still smiling.
    You find yourself nervously looking for Frank's hand, and restrain yourself from grabbing it. He notices the state you're in and shoots you a questioning look, you smile weakly.

"Gerard, calm down, I'm not going to hit you." Your mother sighs, before handing you a cup of coffee that seemingly appeared out of nowhere.
    You take the magical-selectively-invisible coffee gratefully.
    Your mother and Frank continue their conversation. You're not really concentrating on it, but thinking about how badly this whole situation could have gone. They could have split you and Frank up again, they could have grounded you for life. Hell, your mother could have murdered Frank if she was in the right mindset.

You're shaken out of your daydreaming by Frank shaking your arm.
    "We're gonna go out for a while if that's okay, Ms Way ??"
    "That's fine, sweety. But Frank, please, call me Donna."
    "I'll try and remember," Frank laughs softly, you realise you're smiling at him, "Come on, Gee."
    You shake the probably creepy smile off your face and say bye to your mother, following Frank out of the door and into the smokey New Jersey air.

"Where are we going ??" You ask about 5 minutes into your walk.
    "You'll see." Frank says, looking behind him for like, the fifteenth time.
    You roll your eyes and continue to follow your friend through the eerily empty streets, noticing how you seem to be going further and further into the "bad area".
    "Frank, are you sure it's safe 'round here ??" You say, as quietly as you can, as you shuffle closer to Frank's side for protection.
    "Yes, Gerard. Come on." He looks behind himself again, before pushing you into, and through a fence.

You land, hard, on the other side, and look up to see Frank closing up the fence gap behind you.
    He presses his ear to the fence, signalling for you to stay quiet.
    You hear mumbling voices walking past, stopping as they get to where you and Frank were moments before.
    Frank has his hand up to you, signalling for you to stay quiet, and stay where you are. You gladly do so.
    The mumbling voices fade down before you hear a distinct metallic click. The noise of the safety being pulled back on a gun.
    You shoot a panicked look at Frank. Who just stares back at you, shaking his head.

Your hear the voices again, and someone shoves against the fence where Frank is. He closes his eyes and grimaces against the force, but doesn't let the fence budge.
    The voices start getting further away again, before completely disappearing around a corner.
    You wait for Frank to peek behind the wood and nod, before letting out a huge breath you'd been holding in.
    Frank helps you to your feet and you shove at him.
    "What the f**k ?? You said we were safe !!" You yell at him, as quietly as you possibly can.
    "I needed you to keep calm, come on." Frank replies, grabbing your arm and pulling you towards the edge of the small.. garden..??
    He opens up another fence post and sticks his head through, before signalling for you to go through first. Your heart is racing as you do so, but you trust Frank with your life.
    Your eyes widen as you look into the new area.

7. x-DemolitionLover-x

UPDATE 2/2, CHECK ABOVE FIRST.

Chapter 39

You follow Gerard into the hiding place, that vaguely resembles a small shed with half a roof.
    "We can chill here for a while if you want. There's not much to do, but I have paint and stuff.. Me and Emily used to chill here when we were younger.." You say, heading over to the small box in the corner and pulling out the old acrylic paints, handing them to a grinning Gerard.

"Dude. You should never give me paint." He says, still reaching to take the remaining paints from you.
    "Why not ??" You question, smiling wonkily in confusion, you knew Gerard was great at art.
    "Because I won't stop until one of these sides are covered." He answers truthfully, already set to work

You spend around an hour reading before you look up to check on Gerard. You drop your book and your jaw drops at the painting before you.
    The painting consists of the crew. Gerard on the far left, his arm around you next to him. You're linking arms with Emily, who has her hand on Ash's shoulder, Ash is holding Amber's hand. The lot of you are standing in the park.
    Gerard has his free hand in his pocket and is looking downwards, a hint of flushed cheeks showing. You are looking up at him and grinning.
    Emily, you now see, is restraining Ash from going after something out of view, and Amber is standing awkwardly, smiling at him.

Every person is painted perfectly, their representations showing more about them than words ever could.
    You can't take your eyes off of painting-Gerard and painting-you. You wonder why Gerard painted himself blushing.. And you start thinking of everything painting-you could have said or done to him to make him act like that.

Gerard finishes painting the park-background and wipes his hands off on his jeans, leaving paint smudges of green, red and black on them. He turns to see you staring at him wide eyed. He looks down and blushes, almost exactly like the Gee in the painting, only not smiling as much.
    "You don't like it.." Gerard says quietly, obviously mistaking your shocked expression as a bad reaction.
    "What ?? No !! Gerard, it's f**king amazing !!" You practically squeal, pulling him into the tightest hug you can manage.
    He clings back to you, burying his head in your shoulder.
    "I'm glad you like it.." He mumbles quietly against your neck, you repress a shudder as his breath hits your skin.
    You nuzzle your head into his shoulder and feel him smile against the exposed skin between your neck and shoulder.
    "It's amazing." You clarify again, before pulling out of the hug.

"Thanks.." Gerard mumbles, standing awkwardly and looking back at the painting.
    "We have to show this to the guys.." You say, nudging Gerard's arm.
    "No, Frank, please ?? They'll laugh.." Gerard says, panic flashing over his face.
    "Gerard, it's amazing. They'll love it." You say matter-of-factly. "Now come on, we should probably get back home.."

8. Mrs.Iero Way

Mrs.Iero Way New Member

Uh-MAZE-ING!

9. MaximumRide001

MaximumRide001 New Member

New reader here!! Glad to make you happy by being a new reader, too. X3 Can't wait for the next update, I'm loving this story. :D

10. x-DemolitionLover-x

I swear, every time I get a new reader (which isn't often enough) I get this fluttery feeling of happiness in my stomach. <3
    Hello new reader, nice to have you here !! Have an update, for being so awesome and reading my story. =3

I've just realised this was the one I was hoping to have up on Halloween.
    So, everybody, happy late Halloween/Ieroween !!

Chapter 40

The weeks go by quickly. It's Friday, Halloween, the night of Frank's birthday, and you still have no idea what to get him.
    "Hey, Gee." Emily snaps you out of your daydream as she rounds the corner to your locker.
    "Oh, hey Em.." You reply absently, back in the thoughts of birthdays and planning.
    "We're thinking of sorting out Frank's party tonight, if you wanna help out.. Hey, are you listening ?? Come on Gerard, this is important.."
    "Sorry, I just.." You pause, weighing the pros and cons of divulging your ignorance to the girl before you, "I still haven't got him a present.."
    "Damnit Gerard." Emily huffs, lightly punching you on the arm and leaning back onto the locker with a soft thud, "You're coming to town with me tonight, and we're sorting out Frank's present. Then you're coming to Ash's to help set up for the party, okay ?? Good."

Emily nods once before walking off. That girl should not be allowed to plan things..
    You chuckle slightly before shutting your locker and heading to your last lesson. You haven't seen Frank all day, and you really hope he's okay..
    For tonight. Because it's his party. And Emily's been working really hard and it'd suck if he was ill, that's all.
    You shake your head and walk towards your Art room.
    There's not many people in class. Even less today due to Frank's absence.

You take your seat and stare blankly at the empty chair next to you. Frank's probably just planning something at home. Taken the day off..
    He probably has something amazing planned for tonight. He may not know there's a party especially for him, but he's gotta know there'd be a Halloween party..
    You answer your name in the register before getting on with your coursework. Only half paying attention to the pencil and paper, and half dreaming up what Frank could be coming up with.. Probably some awesome costume or something..
    Your head snaps up at the sound of the dismissal bell, and you take note to look at the paper beneath you.
    Not much interesting, just the park and all of you sat on the swings and around them.
    You ignore the figure you can see faintly in the background, her eyes staring straight through the paper, the wizened old smile depicted perfectly in shades of grey.. You shove the A4 sheet into your bag before practically running out of the door to meet Emily.

You get outside and almost run into Ash.
    "Dude, slow down. You've still got time." He laughs as he pushes past you back into the building.
    You look back at him for a second before running towards Amber and Emily standing by the roadside.
    "You ready ??" Emily says, alot more cheerfully than earlier. You nod. "Great, let's go. See you later Amber. 7pm yeah ??"
    Amber barely mutters out an agreement before you're being shoved into the back of a taxi, closely followed by Emily.
    "High Street, please."
    "No problem, hon."

It takes around 10 minutes to get into town. Emily automatically starts dragging you into different shops. You go through shelves of steampunk, goth, emo, punk, before you get to one shop in the corner of the street. It's nothing brilliant, but it looks inviting.
    "Let's go in here." You say decisively, dragging Emily through the doors for once.

You look around, and grin madly.
    The walls are lined with hoodies, bags, DVDs, records, CDs, comic books.. Everything.
    "How much are you looking to spend on him ??" Emily says absently, inspecting some pin-on cat ears, before looking at the price and putting them in the basket she'd picked up.
    "As much as necessary." You reply, flashing a bank card before wandering off to the other corner of the shop.

You move along the shelves, spotting a collectors edition of The Nightmare Before Christmas, and smiling before putting it in your own basket.
    The small basket is soon overflowing with things. A Misfits hoodie, a Black Flag bag, the DVD, multiple badge sets, and a pair of fingerless skeleton gloves.
    Emily approaches you and grins at your selection. No words are said as she pays for her cat ears, and you pay for all Frank's stuff, putting it all in the Black Flag bag, and then in a plastic bag.

You and Emily spend a while buying Halloween decorations, and arrive at Ash's at about 10 to 7.
    No cars in the driveway indicate a free house. Always good.
    "Early. I like this." He smirks as he opens the door with an impressive creak, clearly made to do that just for today.
    You smile and take in the inside of the house. Tonight would be fun.

11. MaximumRide001

MaximumRide001 New Member

I'm excited to see how this party plays out. :D

12. x-DemolitionLover-x

^So am I. I've gotten so far ahead in my writing, I had to look up and check what "party" you were on about.. I've legitimately gotten to the point I can read my story from the beginning and be immersed in the writing all over again.
    My reaction was "I can't have posted that mu- OH. HALLOWEEN."

I'll post up another chapter in a little while. Stressful day and trying to explain the definition of an inter-species relationship to members of my family.. >.>

So yeah, the story isn't even halfway through it's current lifespan. I can't tell you how many chapters left, but I'm writing 77 at the moment and it's nowhere near the end..
    Here's a spoiler:
    poop'S GOING DOWN.

EDIT:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.

Okay guys !! LISTEN UP.
    Starting the 8th December UK time, THREE UPDATES will be posted DAILY up until the last week of term, to get the updates in-time for Christmas.
    So from then on, all my updates will be during the right times, days, whatever.
    So a chapter of the story based on the 8th January, for instance, will be posted on the 8th January.
    I picked that date for a special reason, too.
    Gaps in the story lasting however long will have a gap that long.
    (say there are no updates for a week, that means the story has skipped a week)
    Basically, I'm regulating it so it's not a f**ked up timescale.
    I'm hoping that made sense. Any questions, please message me.
    MUCH FREAKING LOVE. <3

13. x-DemolitionLover-x

1/3

Chapter 41

You get the remainder of the house perfectly prepared. The xbox is set up in the living room, halloween themed games stacked up next to it. The garden is illuminated with pumpkins and bat-shaped fairy lights, with makeshift graves at the far end by the shed.
    The entire inside of the house is perfectly decorated, complete with a hanging skeleton at the foot of the stairs, deterring anyone wanting to use the bathroom.

Not many people turn up, after all, this is Frank's party and you all wanted him to feel comfortable celebrating.
    The alcohol is in the kitchen, dyed red and re-bottled into old decanters that Amber had apparently found in her attic.
    It's around 10pm when everything is finished, you're all perfectly dressed up, and you get a hint that Frank will be arriving any minute, you grin in delight as everyone turns off the lights in the house and you all hide.

The doorbell rings, and you smile at the scream it echoes through the house. Ash is far too good with technology.
    Emily, knelt next to you, quietly informs you that he recorded that inhuman scream from Amber. You stifle a laugh.
    Thr door creaks open of it's own accord and you can just about see Frank's confused form, his hand raised slightly as if he was about to knock. You see a thin line of string from the door to under the table, where Ash's hand can be seen holding the other end.

"G-guys ??" Frank says, faltering slightly as he stumbled over the threshold.
    A hand shoots out from under the coffee table as he steps inside, grabbing his ankle as he screams and the lights flash on, revealing Amber laughing on the floor, her hand still around the ankle of the terrified Frank, his eyes wide and mouth open as he fights to catch his breath.
    You all erupt into a chorus of laughter as Frank shoots you an exasperated look.

The party progresses through the night, and rain punds at the window. That still doesn't deter people from mingling outside, whether under the limited shelter the balcony above provided, or just out laying in the rain.
    You move through the few people stood under the ledge outside and walked towards Frank, who was laid in the rain, most people had discarded extra peices of their costumes.
    You sit down next to Frank and smile as he waves vaguely in your direction.

It gets to around 1am and the 'extra people' had begun heading home.
    You look around for a sign of Emily or Frank, and instead spot Amber clearing away glasses from the outside table.
    "Hey, where's the birthday boy ??" You say, slightly startling the girl as you walk up behind her.
    "I think he's upstairs with Emily, said he wasn't feeling too good." She says, going back to collecting the glasses, and you follow her back into the house.

14. x-DemolitionLover-x

2/3

Chapter 42

You walk upstairs and knock on the guest bedroom door, which swings open, revealing a very tired looking Frank leaning over the edge of the bed, coughing repeatedly before offering you a weak smile.
    You walk over to the edge of the bed and sit on the floor.
    "Dude, you look like crap." You say bluntly, pushing Frank's fringe from across his face.
    Emily enters the room with a damp flannel, and puts it on Frank's forehead before turning to see you.
    "Oh hey Gerard, sorry about this, Frank wasn't feeling good.." She mumbles as she walks back out of the room, instantly entering again.
    "Presents !!" She yells, "Frankie, you still good for presents ??!!"
    "Hell f**king yes." Frank says, instantly sitting up, the flannel falling off his head and into his lap.

You all gather round in the guest room, Frank on the bed, you sat by the side of the bed on the floor, and the rest of them forming the rest of the circle on the floor.
    Frank goes through Emily's CDs, Ambers rather inappropriate box of condoms, followed by a chocolate fondue maker, and Ash's limited edition band shirts, before you stand up to get your presents from behind the door.
    His eyes widen as you drop the plastic bag infront of him.
    "Gee, you didn't have to-"
    "Shut up and open the bag." You smile, motioning towards the mass of presents.
    He opens the plastic bag and removes the Black Flag bag, squealing as he does so, before zipping it open and gaping.

The first thing he removes are the skeleton gloves, which go straight on his hands, covering the drawn on 'HALLOWEEN' he's re-drawn on his knuckles sinse you've known him.
    The next thing he removes are the badges, which he says are going straight on the bag.
    The next thing he removes is the hoodie, covering up the last surprise at the bottom, as he goes to remove the leather jacket you're never planning on asking for back, he hesitates, before pulling the hoodie on over it. You smile.
    He looks into the bag for the final time and squeals, removing the collector's edition of The Nightmare Before Christmas and hugging it, before dropping it to the bed next to you and launching himself at you.

You almost fall back to the floor as Frank lands on you, his arms wrapping around you and a mumble of "thankyou so f**king much you beautiful motherf**ker" is huffed into your shoulder.
    "You're welcome." You laugh, squeezing Frank before pushing him back onto the bed so he doesn't fall completely on the floor.

The night goes by quickly, and you all find yourselves wanting to sleep, so you begin the short journey home. You all decide to walk round the long way, towards the back of your houses rather than just across the road. You and Frank part ways from the others about halfway round the streets of Jersey, giving hugs goodnight before walking towards your own houses.
    You're about half a street away before Frank begins to talk, as you both shiver from the cold and keep walking.

"Gerard ??" Frank says, quietly enough for you not to be able to hear him if you were anywhere else, but this night, the streets are eerily silent, and not a breeze can obstruct even a conversation between mice, "I wanna say thankyou. Seriously, you didn't need to get me anything, you know that.. But I'm glad you did. It was perfect, all of it."
    You smile, your face aching from the effort in the cold air.
    "You're welcome, Frankie. And I did need to get you a present, but I wanted to aswell.."
    "Why ?? You showing up was good enough for me."

You stop, pulling Frank to a stop by the cool material of his new hoodie, and you can just about feel the leather underneath it.
    "Because you're practically my best friend, Frank. You mean too much to me for me not to get you anything. Far too much."
    Frank smiles then. A genuine smile, one you'll never get tired of seeing. You realise now that you're only a few metres from the back entrance to your house. You wonder if your mother is worried about where you are, if Mikey's in bed yet..
    Frank pulls you out of your thoughts and into a hug, standing on his tiptoes to make it easier for the both of you.
    "Thankyou, Gee. Seeya tomorrow." Frank mumbles into your hoodie, the fabric warming at the touch of his breath.
    "You're welcome Frankie. And you'd better turn up tomorrow or I'm skinning you alive." You laugh, before finally letting go of eachother.
    "Promise." Frank grins, before walking further on in the direction of his house. You find yourself watching him leave, a smile still plastered to your face, until he's out of sight.
    You think nothing of it as you walk through your back door, still smiling, shutting it behind you before relaxing against the cold glass.
    Looking up, you find the little lamp on the coffee table is on, wish a sticky not attached to it.

Gerard,
    Hope you had fun out with your friends, went to bed early (up at 6am tomorrow - eek!!!!), Michael's upstairs if you need him, left you some dinner in the oven, you know what to do.
    xoxo Mom

You're still smiling, glad your mother has no problem with Frank anymore.
    You hope every day can be like this one.

15. x-DemolitionLover-x

3/3

Chapter 43

Beep - beep - beep - beep -

Your eyes are closed. You can hear nothing but the continuous beep of a nearby heart monitor, and the rasping of the oxygen tank you're apparently strapped up to. The mask over your mouth is too tight, but you can't summon the strength to complain.
    You try and move your hand, but the ache down your arms and in your chest confirms you can't. You try and think back to the last thing you remember..

You were walking home from your party, with Gerard.. And you got home.. All the lights were off as you walked inside.. You went to bed, still fully dressed.. Your clothes were damp, all the way through to your skin.. you drank alot that night, far too much.. and you could only smell alcohol.. you don't really remember falling asleep..

Maybe you're in here for alcohol poisoning.. Or maybe you fell out of bed and hit your head.. Maybe it was the fact you sat in the rain for too long.. Maybe someone snuck in in the night and beat you senseless.. You can hardly think straight.. Hardly hear anything.. Can't open your eyes..

You can hear talking, professional talking, a woman maybe, nearby.. Something about cold air.. And moisture.. You can't concentrate on anything she says, you can only hear every third word or so.. You don't know.. But you care..
    You want to know why you're here again..
    You feel a single, warm tear edge it's way down your face, warming your cool skin. Nobody notices you're awake in there.
    You breathe in the cold, concentrated oxygen once more, the cooling sensation travelling down your throat and cooling your aching lungs, before your eyes finally stop straining to open, and you drift off into an uneasy sleep.

Beep - beep - beep - beep -

~~~~~~~~

Give me all of your hate. I want it. I feed from it.

16. x-DemolitionLover-x

ALRIGHT GUYS. I suppose a few of you are hating me by now, and I forgot to post yesterday. poop went down at home, a big-butt fox came in and slaughtered all our chickens so I spent the most of the day crying in the garden in the dark with an axe, waiting for the f**ker. I love foxes, but this thing's bigger than a labrador and not scared of people. Sorry for not posting, so there's four (f**king long) updates today and I'll work out the maths later..

Chapter 44

You're worried. You've been sat in the coffee shop for an hour and a half and Frank still hasn't shown.
    You nervously sip your third cup of coffee, it's contents already lukewarm and almost drained, as Emily comes through the door, breathless and looking around frantically.
    She spots you and runs over, falling into the seat opposite you and slamming her head down on the table.

You can't find the right words to ask exactly what's happened for Emily to be in this state, but she fills in for you, raising her head from the table almost as fast as she'd thrown it down.
    "Frank'sinthehospital." She blurts out, all in one breath, before taking a swig of your coffee and grimacing. You're not sure you heard her right.
    "What ??" You say, leaning forward and moving your coffee out of the way.
    "Frank.. Is in the hospital. Came to get you." She breathes out, panting with the effort.

You stand up, dropping your money on the table, grabbing your denim jacket and heading towards the door.
    "Where are you going ??" Emily calls after you, following as you exit the coffee shop.
    "The hospital." You answer bluntly.

Your mind is racing as you make your way across the Jersey streets, Emily following closely behind you.
    The cold November air gives way to rainclouds, and soon ice cold droplets are falling onto the two of you as you turn into an alleyway, closing the distance between yourselves and the hospital.
    You look up into the sheets of ice cold liquid as you move forwards, your mind racing at the possibilities of what happened to Frankie..

November Rain begins playing on the speakers, and you notice a tug at your sleeves as Frank stands next to you, pulling you to your feet and demanding you dance with him.. You'd never danced with anyone before then, you'd outright refused to, but you could never deny dancing with Frank.. He'd done so much for you in such a short space of time..

You remember the sensation that night had left you with. The cool metal of Frank's lipring against your own chapped lips, the way Frank hadn't pulled back in disgust, or tried to run away from you.
    That was a moment of trust. He trusted you to know exactly what to do and when. And you trusted him not to hurt you.
    You feel tears building up as the pressure from behind your eyes worsens.
    You are one street away from the hospital now, and it's in sight. It's cold, white walls housing what was possibly the one reason you were still here. Their unforgiving doors in sight, you break into a run, Emily calling after you. You don't stop until you hit the front desk with enough force that would have sent you to the ground on any other day.

"Frank Iero." You say to the receptionist, who just gives you a blank, confused look, "I'm looking for Frank Iero. He's here."
    "Oh, Franklin ??" The nurse says, her expression clearing as she shuffles far too slowly through a couple of files, before turning to help you.
    "Room 138, down the hall and to the right. CULM ward, Respiratory High Dependency Unit."
    You half-run, half-jog down the hallway, only pausing to check your surroundings and passing signs, you're soon out of breath, and standing at the entrance to the RHD unit, room 138.
    You knock, as Emily catches up behind you, nobody answers, and you go to open the door.
    "Here to see Frank Iero, I came in earlier. It's fine." Emily says to a passing nurse who had given me a disapproving look and begun to walk over. She nods and continues on her way and you twist the handle, shining a pillar of light into the dark room.
    All you hear is the soft rasping of the oxygen machine, and a continuous beep of a heart monitor, as Frank lays still in the hospital bed, sweat dripping from his forehead.

You move over to the side of his bed and carefully sit down in the chair there.
    You can't take your eyes off of him.
    Frank Iero, a boy usually so full of energy, is laid before you, cold, and still. The only way you'd know he was alive is the slow and jolted rise and fall of his chest, and the beeping of the heart monitor.
    Emily is stood by the door, and as you look at her, she slowly closes it, shutting the three of you away from the noise of the hospital.

"They said he got pneumonia while out with us last night.. He was apparently ill before he came to see us.. And all the alcohol, and then him staying out in the cold for so long.." Emily says in a quiet whisper, as if not wanting to wake up the half sleeping boy in the bed.
    You think he looks so small laid there.. You mean, he was already small, but the big hospital bed and the crisp white sheets make him look even smaller.. People had always told you that about hospital patients.. They always looked so small and helpless.
    But Frank wasn't helpless.

You take his hand in yours, it's cold, colder than outside. And your breath catches in your throat as the heart monitor goes suddenly faster, jolting before returning to normal. You let out a sigh and look at Emily. Her face lets nothing slip. But you know how she must feel.
    "It's our fault, right ??" She says quietly, moving forward and sitting next to you stiffly.
    "No, Emily. Definitely not yours. I shouldn't have let him stay outside.. He asked me if he should and I told him he could do what he wanted at his party.. Or if I hadn't let him drink so much.."
    You both sit in silence. each blaming yourselves for Frank's current state.

A nurse pops her head through the door after about 10 minutes.
    "Visiting hours are over. It's 6pm."
    "Can we not stay for a while longer ??" Emily says, her voice quivering.
    "Only one person can stay overnight, sweetheart.. It's usually the parent, but his mom's not here.. I can make an exception, but only for one of you.."
    "Gerard can stay. I'll go." Emily says instantly, hugging you before walking out of the door with one glance back to you.
    "Thankyou, Emily." You say, and she just smiles and turns down the corridor.
    "Do you want me to get you anything, sweetie ??" The nurse says, addressing you and smiling.
    "No thankyou, I'm fine.." You say, smiling back with tired eyes.

You spend the rest of the night just sat with Frank, watching the slow rise and fall of his chest. The nurse comes in with a cup of coffee for you, even though you told her you were fine. You thank her.
    You look to the end of the bed and see Frank's clothes, neatly folded and newly washed. His jeans, tshirt, hoodie, and your old leather jacket. You smile and stand to get it, lifting Frank carefully from the bed and placing it around his shoulders.
    "Because you feel like an iceberg, you dumbass." You say quietly, as if you need to explain your motives to the deep sleeping boy.
    You almost jump a mile when the corners of his mouth twitch into a smile..

17. x-DemolitionLover-x

ALRIGHT GUYS. I suppose a few of you are hating me by now, and I forgot to post yesterday. poop went down at home, a big-butt fox came in and slaughtered all our chickens so I spent the most of the day crying in the garden in the dark with an axe, waiting for the f**ker. I love foxes, but this thing's bigger than a labrador and not scared of people. Sorry for not posting, so there's four (f**king long) updates today and I'll work out the maths later..

Chapter 44

You're worried. You've been sat in the coffee shop for an hour and a half and Frank still hasn't shown.
    You nervously sip your third cup of coffee, it's contents already lukewarm and almost drained, as Emily comes through the door, breathless and looking around frantically.
    She spots you and runs over, falling into the seat opposite you and slamming her head down on the table.

You can't find the right words to ask exactly what's happened for Emily to be in this state, but she fills in for you, raising her head from the table almost as fast as she'd thrown it down.
    "Frank'sinthehospital." She blurts out, all in one breath, before taking a swig of your coffee and grimacing. You're not sure you heard her right.
    "What ??" You say, leaning forward and moving your coffee out of the way.
    "Frank.. Is in the hospital. Came to get you." She breathes out, panting with the effort.

You stand up, dropping your money on the table, grabbing your denim jacket and heading towards the door.
    "Where are you going ??" Emily calls after you, following as you exit the coffee shop.
    "The hospital." You answer bluntly.

Your mind is racing as you make your way across the Jersey streets, Emily following closely behind you.
    The cold November air gives way to rainclouds, and soon ice cold droplets are falling onto the two of you as you turn into an alleyway, closing the distance between yourselves and the hospital.
    You look up into the sheets of ice cold liquid as you move forwards, your mind racing at the possibilities of what happened to Frankie..

November Rain begins playing on the speakers, and you notice a tug at your sleeves as Frank stands next to you, pulling you to your feet and demanding you dance with him.. You'd never danced with anyone before then, you'd outright refused to, but you could never deny dancing with Frank.. He'd done so much for you in such a short space of time..

You remember the sensation that night had left you with. The cool metal of Frank's lipring against your own chapped lips, the way Frank hadn't pulled back in disgust, or tried to run away from you.
    That was a moment of trust. He trusted you to know exactly what to do and when. And you trusted him not to hurt you.
    You feel tears building up as the pressure from behind your eyes worsens.
    You are one street away from the hospital now, and it's in sight. It's cold, white walls housing what was possibly the one reason you were still here. Their unforgiving doors in sight, you break into a run, Emily calling after you. You don't stop until you hit the front desk with enough force that would have sent you to the ground on any other day.

"Frank Iero." You say to the receptionist, who just gives you a blank, confused look, "I'm looking for Frank Iero. He's here."
    "Oh, Franklin ??" The nurse says, her expression clearing as she shuffles far too slowly through a couple of files, before turning to help you.
    "Room 138, down the hall and to the right. CULM ward, Respiratory High Dependency Unit."
    You half-run, half-jog down the hallway, only pausing to check your surroundings and passing signs, you're soon out of breath, and standing at the entrance to the RHD unit, room 138.
    You knock, as Emily catches up behind you, nobody answers, and you go to open the door.
    "Here to see Frank Iero, I came in earlier. It's fine." Emily says to a passing nurse who had given me a disapproving look and begun to walk over. She nods and continues on her way and you twist the handle, shining a pillar of light into the dark room.
    All you hear is the soft rasping of the oxygen machine, and a continuous beep of a heart monitor, as Frank lays still in the hospital bed, sweat dripping from his forehead.

You move over to the side of his bed and carefully sit down in the chair there.
    You can't take your eyes off of him.
    Frank Iero, a boy usually so full of energy, is laid before you, cold, and still. The only way you'd know he was alive is the slow and jolted rise and fall of his chest, and the beeping of the heart monitor.
    Emily is stood by the door, and as you look at her, she slowly closes it, shutting the three of you away from the noise of the hospital.

"They said he got pneumonia while out with us last night.. He was apparently ill before he came to see us.. And all the alcohol, and then him staying out in the cold for so long.." Emily says in a quiet whisper, as if not wanting to wake up the half sleeping boy in the bed.
    You think he looks so small laid there.. You mean, he was already small, but the big hospital bed and the crisp white sheets make him look even smaller.. People had always told you that about hospital patients.. They always looked so small and helpless.
    But Frank wasn't helpless.

You take his hand in yours, it's cold, colder than outside. And your breath catches in your throat as the heart monitor goes suddenly faster, jolting before returning to normal. You let out a sigh and look at Emily. Her face lets nothing slip. But you know how she must feel.
    "It's our fault, right ??" She says quietly, moving forward and sitting next to you stiffly.
    "No, Emily. Definitely not yours. I shouldn't have let him stay outside.. He asked me if he should and I told him he could do what he wanted at his party.. Or if I hadn't let him drink so much.."
    You both sit in silence. each blaming yourselves for Frank's current state.

A nurse pops her head through the door after about 10 minutes.
    "Visiting hours are over. It's 6pm."
    "Can we not stay for a while longer ??" Emily says, her voice quivering.
    "Only one person can stay overnight, sweetheart.. It's usually the parent, but his mom's not here.. I can make an exception, but only for one of you.."
    "Gerard can stay. I'll go." Emily says instantly, hugging you before walking out of the door with one glance back to you.
    "Thankyou, Emily." You say, and she just smiles and turns down the corridor.
    "Do you want me to get you anything, sweetie ??" The nurse says, addressing you and smiling.
    "No thankyou, I'm fine.." You say, smiling back with tired eyes.

You spend the rest of the night just sat with Frank, watching the slow rise and fall of his chest. The nurse comes in with a cup of coffee for you, even though you told her you were fine. You thank her.
    You look to the end of the bed and see Frank's clothes, neatly folded and newly washed. His jeans, tshirt, hoodie, and your old leather jacket. You smile and stand to get it, lifting Frank carefully from the bed and placing it around his shoulders.
    "Because you feel like an iceberg, you dumbass." You say quietly, as if you need to explain your motives to the deep sleeping boy.
    You almost jump a mile when the corners of his mouth twitch into a smile..

18. x-DemolitionLover-x

Chapter 45

You heard people enter the room and felt someone take your hand, but it wasn't confirmed until you felt someone lift you, and place you back down on what felt like Gerard's leather jacket.
    "Because you feel like an iceberg, you dumbass."
    You smile as Gerard's voice enters your mind, unsure of whether or not it worked until you feel his hand tighten on your arm.
    You try and speak, noise only coming out in the form of coughs, you almost black out again as you jolt forwards.

----//~~PersonSwap~~\\----​

You panic as Frank begins coughing, and support his back as he jolts forwards. No nurses react, one walking past the window gives you a weak smile and a nod, informing you that it's expected for Frank to act like this. You rub his back as the coughs subside, the jacket still draped over his shoulders.
    As he calms down, you try and lay him back down, but he refuses, breathign deeply through the oxygen mask and batting your hand away with a weak movement.
    After a few breaths, he pulls the mask off his face, slamming his fist down on the button beside him.
    A nurse rushes in and looks at him, and he points to the mask, then to his nose.
    She instantly fits the oxygen bottle to a different apparatus, only leading to Frank's nose, rather than his whole face.
    You sit there, watching all of this go on in a blur, noticing Frank still hasn't said a word to you, or you to him, technically.
    As the nurse leaves, Frank shuffles in the hospital bed, finding a more confortable way to sit up.

"Sorry for waking you.." You say, not as quietly as your previous talking, as Frank's now awake..
    "It's fine.. I've.. been a- awake for ages.. I- I think.. W-was Emily here ??" He says, his voice getting trapped in his throat every few words.
    "Yeah she was, only one of us could stay overnight.. She left before I could argue.."
    "So you didn't wanna stay ??" Frank says quietly, looking at you like you just shot his puppy or something..
    "Nononono, I didn't mean that.. I just thought you'd want to see Emily more when you woke up.."
    "I saw her earlier.. Well, I heard her earlier.. Was hoping you'd turn up.."
    You smile.
    "I'm sorry I couldn't turn up earlier, by the way.. I promised I would, but.."
    "It's fine, Frank." You smile sadly. patting his arm.

You talk for at least 20 minutes before Frank drifts off again, and the nurse re-enters to switch the mask back to cover his mouth.
    "That's the longest he's been awake so far." She says, not really implying anything or waiting for an answer, more of a confirmation, before leaving the room and shutting the door again.

It's not long until it's daylight outside, and you find yourself having to leave before Frank's mother arrives. Emily turns up at about 8am to take you out, and you turn back to the sleeping image of Frank before walking out of the hospital.
    "How much sleep did you get ??" Emily asks once you turn down Salter Lane.
    "None."

19. x-DemolitionLover-x

^Doubleposted that. Not cool, Megan..

20. x-DemolitionLover-x

Chapter 46

You wake up, the mask from in front of your face having been removed three days ago, and a woman helping you to sit up.
    "Time to go, now, Frankie." She says with a smile, you smile back.
    "How long have I been here now ??" You ask, a little drowsily, looking out of the window and seeing bright sunshine.
    "About two weeks, honey."
    "Have my friends been in much ??"
    "Emily came in a few times.. What was his name, Gerard ??"
    "Yeah Gerard." You reply automatically.
    "He only came in once, the first time when you woke up." She says, smiling sadly.

You get out of bed and dress in your clean clothes, walking out to meet your mother.
    She smiles and holds you, before walking you over to the car where your dad is waiting.
    The drive home, your mother is going on about dinner, but all you can think about is seeing everyone again.
    You'd make everything right.
    You'd tell him everything, and hope to god he didn't push you away.