x- Demolition Lovers: Obsession Is Beautiful. (not an average Frerard)

Discussion in 'Completed Fan Fictions' started by x-DemolitionLover-x, May 24, 2011.

1. Athena

Athena Active Member

Awww can I smash James' face in? He bloody deserves it and quite honestly I'm capable of doing it...
    Loved the update <3

2. AWH! Stupid effing James. Glad Gerard stood up to him... 3 more days to finish this, and only 3 more chapters to post! HAPPY so much that there'll be a sequel, but January 8th is too far away. :tongue: Well.... AMAZING update. Can't wait for the little more. =3

3. x-DemolitionLover-x

x-DemolitionLover-x New Member

It's the 29th.. When the f**k did that happen ??
    I woke up at 4pm again, which is seriously unprofessional, so I apologise, this update was meant to get on here this morning..

Chapter 98 - 29th December

You wake up, not entirely sure of the reason until you feel an absense of your usual wake-up routine.
    For one thing, your alarm isn't going off, and another, there's nobody next to you as there was when you fell asleep last night.
    Sitting up and looking around into the empty room, you're confused. Gerard was here last night, and you see no reason for him to have left.
    You look at the alarm clock, seeing it's around 9am. Gerard really had no reason to be up, it's still an hour before your alarm goes off.
    You push the covers aside and change quickly into your fabric trousers and a clean tshirt.

You stroll downstairs, to find it slightly colder than normal. You look to the back door to find it open, and shut it.
    You look to the couch to see Gerard curled up in the middle, wrapped in the spare blanket and shivering as if he was outside.
    You give him a concerned look, but he doesn't notice, so you simply move over to where he is, the whole of him on the couch under the thin blanket. You kneel on the small amount of space between him and the edge of the seat and pull him into a hug, which he sinks into.
    You welcome his receptiveness, kissing the side of his head.
    "You wanna go get ready so we can go meet everyone ??" You ask, Gerard sinks closer into you and makes a small noise similar to that of an animal being trapped by a predator.
    You pull back, looking into Gerard's eyes. He really doesn't look in a fit state to go out.
    "I'll be back in a second." You say, smiling slightly and heading back upstairs.

You grab your phone from your table and dial Amber's number, waiting two rings until you hear the faint sound of chatter on the other end, and Amber answers you, laughing slightly.
    "Hello ??" Comes her voice, cheery down the phone. You can't help but smile at her cheerfulness.
    "Hey, Gerard's not gonna be able to make it out today and I'm just gonna stay home with him. " You explain.
    "Ah right, okay.. No worries, hope Gerard's okay !!" Amber says, still cheerily, down the phone.
    "See you guys another time." You say, exchanging goodbyes before grabbing your duvet and a pile of DVDs, heading back downstairs to your boyfriend.
    If you couldn't go out, maybe you could have a nice day in to try and cheer him up.

Heading back downstairs, you cover the duvet over Gerard, who smiles slightly, and put the pile of DVDs on the coffee table.
    You head out to the kitchen to make hot chocolate and popcorn. You may not be able to go outside, but at least you'll finally just get a nice day in watching movies with your boyfriend.. No drama, no interruptions, just cuddling on the sofa and-
    Oh god, you're starting to sound like a girl.
    You smile to yourself as you carry the newly prepared nourishment out to the living room, where Gerard's nervously shuffling through the DVDs. You don't see why he needs to, they're the Lord Of The Rings films and you know you'll be watching the first one, well, first. You pull the coffee table nearer to the couch and place the food and drinks down on it, before taking the DVD Gerard hands to you and putting it in the dvd player.
    You settle down under the duvet with your boyfriend, who instantly shuffles to be nearer to you. Maybe today wasn't going to be so boring after all ??

~~~~~~~~​

It's the end of the 6th film that night, you turn to Gerard to see him simply staring at the TV, watching the credits roll.
    He hasn't spoken much, and when he has it's been quiet and raspy, due to him not talking for a long periods of time.
    "Gee, you alright ??" You ask, turning his face towards yours, he locks eyes with you and you study his face.
    He looks tired, like he didn't sleep last night, not properly at least. His features are paler than normal and his eyes slightly glassy. You're really worried about him. You have to do something, and it's going to be the only thing you know how to do.
    "Gee, I'll be back okay ??" You say, kissing him briefly.
    "Okay." He replies, his voice still slightly croaky and just above a whisper.
    You smile sadly and stand up, walking upstairs and taking your phone from your pocket, walking to the bathroom and dialling the only number that will really help you.

"Hello ??" You sigh in relief as Emily's voice floats down the phone like some kind of angel.
    "Emily, I really need your help." You start, explaining the situation with Gerard in as much detail as you can muster.
    "Just wait it out, sweeite, he'll come around I'm sure." Emily suggests.
    "No. f**k no I won't wait it out. This is Gerard. If things go unchecked with him they just get worse and you know it." You say desperately. Emily 'hmm's in response, pausing to think for a moment.
    "Alright then, how about this. I'll come over tomorrow and try and talk with him. Just promise me you'll stop worrying about James, okay ?? Trust me when I say we won't be seeing him again for a very long time, if ever. I've made sure of that."
    You love Emily. She may be a short butt cutie-pie, but she sure can kick butt when she needs to. You start feeling the tiniest bit sorry for James, but laugh it off.
    "Thanks Emily, see you tomorrow ??" You smile down the phone.
    "See you tomorrow hon. Take care of Gerard."
    You hang up and head back downstairs to try and convince Gerard to sleep in bed tonight. Because tomorrow, Emily'll be round to sort everything out.

4. Very good.
    2 more chapters, 2 more days... -sniffle- Hope everything will be alright with Gerard.
    Are you gonna end on a good note, or are you gonna leave the fixing for the sequel?
    No more James ever; that's a good thing.
    Emily's so nice. You're lucky to know an Emily-like person in real life. ;)
    Anyways, are you gonna post the last 2 tomorrow then New Year's eve?
    I'll wait. Hehe.
    BYE! <333

5. x-DemolitionLover-x

Woke up at 3pm this time !! I'm getting better at this !!

CyanideDiamond / Amanda:
    No more James ever ?? We'll see about that. ;) Haven't given him much thought but I hate to bring in named characters for only a couple chapters..
    And maybe I'll leave the real fixing for the sequel.. Or maybe the sequel is the start of new problems ?? Who knows !! (I do.)
    I promise you, the sequel starts out a bit bland and boring.. But at about 5 chapters in ?? That's when the real magic happens. So bear with me =D

Anyway, on with today's chapter.. Holy mother of-

Chapter 99 - 30th December

You look in the mirror, raising your eyebrows at yourself.
    You know you should head over to Frank's now. But you're worried about what state you'll find them in.
    You sigh and grab your jacket, throwing it on over your winter jumper, and pulling on your bobble hat.
    You set off out of the house, ignoring the questions your brother is throwing after you, and walk out into the still cold winter air. It's not snowing anymore, and the ice coating the ground is beginning to melt, which means you have an 80% higher chance of slipping over.

You walk along the streets of New Jersey, enjoying the solitude, but praying to god Frank's house is warm.
    You arrive on the doorstep of the house in question, and knock. Waiting patiently for Frank to open the door.
    As he opens it, you walk straight in. Usually you'd walk straight in and into the living room, but you weren't sure where Gerard is, so you turn to Frank questioningly.
    "Living room." Frank says, his expression not changing from 'hopeless'.
    You stroll into the living room, taking in the sight before you.
    Gerard is huddled up under the covers on the couch, staring forwards into space.
    "Gerard ??" You ask quietly, seeing no response, "Gerard ??" You repeat, slightly louder this time. He flinches slightly, but doesn't turn to you.
    You walk over and sit on the coffee table, facing him. He's staring through you, though.
    "Gerard will you look at me ??" You ask helplessly. He closes his eyes.
    "I'll go make drinks.." Frank says wearily. He's obviously been expecting this.

~~~~~~~~​

It had been two hours now, since you arrived at Frank's house.
    You were sat opposite Gerard, still, on the coffee table.
    Frank had busied himself in the kitchen for as long as he could, but had eventually returned to sit next to Gerard, head in his hands.
    "Gerard will you just talk to Emily ?? Come on, she's here to have an actual conversation andyou're just sat there.." Frank says, pleading with his boyfriend for the hundreth time today.
    Gerard looks at him, then, his eyes squinting slightly in sadness. Frank returns the look before rolling his eyes and shaking his head.
    You'd seen this before, between Amber and Ash. they could have whole conversations between eachother without saying a word. You and Frank could do it too, but only if both of you knew the situation.

"He doesn't want to talk to anyone." He says to you silently.
    "Not even me ??"
    Frank shakes his head, dropping it back into his hands.
    You can't help but feel a little hurt about that.

~~~~~~~~​

You stop, for a while, and think.
    You think of how f**ked up this is, seeing Gerard in such a state because of one person. You don't wish death on many people, but James, the lying, scheming, friend-raping dick, can go jump under a bus.
    Anyone who manages to bring Gerard down like this, to the point he's not even talking to anyone (except Frank, he's spoken to him a fair few times today, mostly asking for water), deserves to jump under some kind of vehicle and not get up.
    The last time you saw Gerard like this was the whole deal with the drugs, when he decided bleaching his hair would purify him.. You do not want a repeat of that, no way in hell.

You're angry at yourself, though, for not noticing how much of a prick James was before. He was obviously a creep, and you completely missed it, because you trusted him. You should have seen it before, you shouldn't have let him come back to Belleville..
    You look into Gerard's eyes briefly, but he's still not looking at you, more at the wall behind you.
    He looks so crumpled and broken, you can hardly bear it.
    You close your eyes and count to ten. You can't let it go, you can't get so angry and sad at once, or you'll 'pull an Emily.'
    You have to thank Frank for that saying, later. It fits quite well.

~~~~~~~~​

After almost a full day of getting absolutely nowhere, you look to Frank. He's sat on the right of Gerard, holding his hand loosely and reading with his free hand. You can tell he's not really paying attention to the page, because you haven't seen him turn the page in almost half an hour.
    You're frustrated, because neither you nor Frank can even begin to bring Gerard back to normal.
    You've tried reasoning, maybe it's just time for edging him towards answering ??

"Gerard, do you want some coffee, hon ??"
    No reply at all, not even the usual flinch at the mention of coffee. You sigh.
    "Gerard, how about watching The Corpse Bride ??"
    Nothing.
    "You wanna go out for a cigarette ?? You haven't had one all day." You knew it was a longshot, and you knew it was good he wasn't smoking so much, but you hoped that'd get his attention.
    "Gee, you wanna even acknowledge that I'm talking to you ??"
    Silence.
    You sigh inwardly. If there's one thing you can't stand, it's being blatantly ignored. Gerard's sat there, just sat there. He doesn't want to help himself. He doesn't want to help you. He doesn't even want to be alive right now and that pisses you off so much you can't even-
    "GERARD." You yell, unable to control everything anymore, "WILL YOU JUST f**kING LISTEN TO ME ??"
    He flinches slightly and closes his eyes tightly as you stand up and move away from the table.

"You're not even going to talk to me, is that it ??!! Am I not worthy to talk to you when you're like this, huh ??!! After all the poop I go through for you, you're just going to ignore me when I'm trying to HELP you ??!!" You yell, your temperature rising rapidly and tears already clouding your vision, "Of all the selfish things you could do !! I come over here, I spend my ENTIRE DAY trying to help you out, and this is how you repay me ??!! SILENCE ??!!"
    "Emily-"
    "NO, FRANK." You yell, before turning back to Gerard, tears already streaming down your face, you lower your voice as it threatens to break, "How am I supposed to help you, when you don't even want to help yourself ??" You cry. Gerard's still looking straight forwards, but he's hidden all but his eyes behind the duvet.
    You walk past him, intent on leaving before it gets any worse, when you feel a hand grab your wrist, stopping you from going further.
    You look down to the hand and along the arm to it's owner, to see Gerard looking directly at you, straight into your eyes. His hazel eyes are less glazed over now, and full of tears.
    "I'm sorry, but I just can't." He says to you, silently, tears spill over onto his cheeks as he bites his lower lip.
    You've never seen anything quite as pathetic in your life.
    You nod as he lets go of your arm, and you walk towards the front door, intent on getting home as fast as possible and just collapsing onto your bed.

~~~~~~~~​

A thought occurs, as you walk up the pathway to your front door.
    It's New Year's Eve tomorrow. Everyone will be having a party, surely. But maybe you and the guys should have a party of your own ??
    Gerard would come, obviously, and maybe if he was around friends, he might be more inclined to talk ??
    You'd text Frank about that later, you promised yourself.
    You smile to yourself as you walk up to your room, because after all, you always come up with the best plans.

A.N.
    I don't reeeeally have anthing to say. I just wanted to leave an Authors Note.

You there !! Guest !! I see you !!

Anyway, comments ?? Only one chapter left as far as you know !! I'll be able to update straight away on New Years Eve as my boyfriend seems to have.. erm.. ignored me for the past few weeks and not let me know if he still wants me to go over..
    BUT MEH.

xoxoMegan.

6. x-DemolitionLover-x

Okay guys. I lied to you. This is the final chapter, but there's an extra part I want to add when I get home tonight.
    Yes, I found something to do this evening. It's terrifying and I doubt I'll survive, but damnit I need a night out !! <3
    After tonight, the first part of the sequel will be posted on the 8th January. I'll link the sequel both in my "final" post here and in my Chapter Index at the start of this thread.
    Here we go, Chapter 100.

Chapter 100 - 31st December

You shuffle slightly in your seat, trying to find a more confortable position under the covers.
    Opening your eyes slightly, you see Gerard still awake, reading his Stephen King book as if it's the last piece of literature in the world.
    You look at the clock to see exactly how long you'd been asleep for.
    "Three hours, thirty-five minutes and twenty....eight seconds." Gerard informs you as you see it's almost 5pm already.
    poop. It's almost 5pm already.
    Emily said she'd be here at 6. You have one hour to get Gerard moving. And oh god he looks a state..
    His hair's unwashed, his eyeliner smudged and he smells, for lack of a better word, shitty.

"Gerard put the book down." You say, intent on getting him up and showered before Emily turns up and accuses you of neglecting him.
    "Why ??" He questions. His speech is still quiet, but he's showing alot more emotion in his words. He'll only talk to you, though, so it's lucky your parents have no intention of spending New Years with you.
    "Because you have to get up and showered because quite frankly, you smell like poop."
    "So ??" He questions, raising one eyebrow at you.
    "So go wash or I'm not going anywhere near you for the entirety of next year."
    "I'll wash next year, I just don't see the point today." He says seriously, turning a page in the book.
    "Just come on." You plead, standing up and dragging him off the couch as he folds the page of his book over and sighs.
    You attempt to lift his now-dead-weight, but he's still half wrapped up in the duvet and you only manage to get him to the stairs.
    "Gerard, get the f**k upstairs and wash." You say, as politely as possible.
    "Make me." He challenges, smirking slightly.
    So you pinch him. Hard. In the butt.
    "f**k !! Frank !!"
    "Get upstairs."
    "No !!"
    Pinch - pinch - pinch
    "Ow !!" Gerard practically launches himself up the stairs on all fours as you follow him, he runs into the bathroom and slams the door, locking it behind him.
    "And you'd better f**king wash !!" You call through the door, retreating to your bedroom to lay out clean clothes for Gerard.
    You put out something you know he won't argue with. Baggy black jeans and your Misfits tshirt (the one with the big white skull print), leaving him to choose underwear and poop because that's just not your job.
    You only need to go through your boyfriend's underwear if he's wearing it.

You retreat back downstairs for the duvet and spare blanket, hiding them all in your wardrobe so Gerard can't immediately hide back under them.
    As you begin tidying the house as much as you feel necessary, you hear the sound of running water and smile. Maybe today was going to be a little more bearable anyway.
    [iThump[/i] You flinch. Or not.
    You run back up the stairs and knock on the bathroom door.
    "Gerard, you okay ??" You call through the door.
    "Yeah." Comes the unsure call from the other side.
    "You decent ??"
    "Always."
    You open the door, which you now find is unlocked, and walk in to see Gerard on the floor, smiling warily.
    Why isn't he showering ?? What was that thud ?? Why does he look so scared ??
    "I'll shower if you wash my hair first." He says, answering every question at once.
    You sigh in frustration and close the door behind you, moving over to your apparently helpless boyfriend.
    You will never admit it out loud, but you kind of like washing Gerard's hair. The lack of it nowadays makes it a much faster process, though, and soon you find yourself rinsing out the conditioner and just running your hands through your boyfriend's hair for the hell of it.
    "Alright ?? Now shower you f**ker." You laugh, kissing your boyfriend's cheek and leaving the bathroom before he finds another reason to procrastinate.

You walk back downstairs to the sound of the water running again, this time not followed by a thud.
    You look at the clock. [5:50] Emily'd be here in 10 minutes.
    Ding-dong
    Or not ??
    You walk over to the door and open it, revealing a very serious looking Emily, brandishing.. Twister. Huddling it infront of her like a trophy.
    You shoot her a confused look as she walks inside, revealing Ash, Amber and Bert standing on the doorstep, holding bags of party stuff.
    You close the door behind them as they walk in, muttering their greetings as they do so.
    You realise, then, how surreal your friendship group is, and how oddly matched you all are.
    "Where's Gerard ??" Emily calls from the living room.
    "Shower." You say, pointing upstairs.
    "Brilliant. Gives us time to set up then, doesn't it ??" Emily grins, as the others go to empty the bags out in the kitchen.

[CENTER~~~~~~~~[/CENTER]

You look up from where you are at the sound of the stairs creaking.
    "Frank, did I hear-" Gerard starts, rubbing his hair dry on a towel as he descends the final two steps, dressed in the clothes you laid out for him.
    He freezes everything he's doing and you see panic flood his eyes as he takes in the amount of people suddenly in the room.
    Everyone in the room is silent. Ash and Amber busy themselves in the kitchen while you, Emily and Bert look at Gerard, his hand still holding the towel to his head, in mid-walk down the stairs.
    "Gerard-" You start. He tries to back up the stairs, slipping on the first step he takes.
    You chase after him as he tries to slam your own door in your face.
    "Frank what the hell ??" He says, not angrily, but upset.
    "Gerard just come downstairs ?? They're f**king worried about you !! You don't have to talk, don't have to do anything, I even left your book on the f**king coffee table, just come downstairs ??"
    You leave the room, then, allowing him to come down in his own time.

"Is he coming ??" Emily asks sadly from the armchair.
    "Probably a bit later." You smile, talking quietly so Gerard can't hear you. Emily gets the hint.
    "Oh that's a shame.. I really wanted to see him.." She says so he can hear, fake-sadly, while grinning like a fool.
    "But Emily, he said-" Bert starts, before Emily clamps her hand over his mouth.
    "Bert where's the lady ??" You ask, moving the conversation on slightly as Emily removes her hand from his face.
    "With family or some crap." He smirks.
    "That's a point, me and Amber have to be back before midnight, that cool ??" Ash says, walking back in from the kitchen with a small pack of crisps. You know Amber's going home to be with her parents for the New Years celebration, so you nod in agreement.
    You settle down to chat to everyone. Everyone sits on the floor despite the abundance in chairs. The carpet just seems more.. social.

~~~~~~~~​

You're in the middle of a serious discussion about the necessity of having a physical CD as opposed to online downloads.
    "But downloading is so much easier !!" Emily says. She understands the importance of a physical CD, but doesn't think she should go out and buy it when she can just download it immediately.
    "But the feeling you get when you tear open the packaging on a new CD, the first time you play it and the severe lack of scratching sounds it makes the first few times !! There's nothing like it !!" You say, uncaring of how sensitive you sound. CDs beat MP3s any day.
    "Oh whatever. CDs break." Emily huffs, Ash nods in agreement.
    "Come on guys, stop arguing.." Bert says impatiently.
    "He's right-" Emily starts.
    "CDs are totally better anyway and we all know it." Bert finishes, dodging out of the way as Emily swings for him.

From where you're all sat, only you are in the direct view of the stairs. As you see the tangle of black hair make itself visible, you send to signal to Emily.
    She whispers to the rest of them to act like Gerard hasn't even turned up, even when he eventually does.
    "Bert, enough of your poop." Ash smiles, pulling his iPod out of his pocket, "This is alot easier to carry around than a f**king CD player."
    "We're not saying don't have MP3s !!" Bert says impatiently.
    "No, we're saying, buy the CDs, rip the music from the CDs to the computer, and then put them on music players !!" You say, almost in hysterics about how silly your friends are being.
    "Then what do you do with the CDs ??" Amber asks, clearly confused by the aspect of switching between CD and MP3.
    "Then you can keep the CDs for display, or better yet, play them on a CD player when your iPod dies. Which it will. I mean come on, it's an iPod." Bert says, glaring at the small device in Ash's hand.

You hear small footsteps coming from the stairs, but don't look up. None of you look up.
    It's kind of like dealing with a small wild animal. No sudden movements, don't let it know you've seen it..

"So basically, you guys waste time by going to buy the CD, when we get it straight away." Emily concludes. You know for a fact she sometimes buys CDs, but mostly it's iTunes she's on..
    "We pay the full price and appreciate the music more, is all." Bert says, twisting it round so Emily and Ash look like the bad guys.

You feel a body sit down next to you quietly. You calmly and casually put your arm around his shoulders as the conversation continues.

"Excuse me ?? Are you saying we don't fully appreciate the music, just because we buy it online ??"
    "That's exactly what I'm saying, Ash." Bert smirks at Ash's frustration.
    "It's two against three." Ash says, favouring his side as he points to himself, Emily and Amber.
    "Nu-uh, I'm not getting involved." His girlfriend clears, walking out into the kitchen. You mentally thank Amber.
    "What are they talking about ??" Gerard says quietly so only you can hear.
    "CDs versus MP3 downloads." You say quietly as Emily prevents Ash from tearing Bert apart.
    "Don't you mock me !!" Ash says, as Bert grins maniacally. You wish you'd heard what he said.
    "Well that's obvious. CDs are better because then you have a physical copy of what you bought." Gerard says, still quietly, still just to you, but shooting Emily and Ash confused looks.
    "Looks like we win. Three against two, guys !!" You laugh as Emily raises a hand to her face in frustration and Ash swears under his breath.
    "f**k it all."
    "Yes !!" Bert exclaims, fist-pumping the air.
    "We all done arguing ??" Amber asks, moving back into the living room.
    "Yeah we won." Bert grins, before sticking his tongue out at Ash.
    Ash kisses his iPod apologetically.
    "iPods are poop aswell." Gerard announces out loud, looking at the floor and not directing the comment to anyone in particular.
    "Seconded." Bert says happily.
    "I'll actually agree with that. Sorry Ash." Amber says apolgetically, sitting down to her now-fuming boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~​

"TWISTER. NOW." Emily says after what was evidently turning into an awkward silence.
    "Oh f**k no, no way in hell, Frankie." Gerard says, still directing his comment to you, as he had been doing most of the night.
    Every now and then he'd say something out loud, but it'd never be more than a vague comment and it'd never be directed at anyone in particular.
    "You can spin the wheel then." You say, shoving Gerard towards the area where Emily's already set up the plastic mat.
    "I downright refuse to play." Amber says, securing her protest by sitting down in the armchair.
    "Oh great, I'm stuck with three boys." Emily says in fake excitement, before rolling her eyes.
    "Maybe later, Em !!" Amber says happily. Empty promises.
    You think, for a moment, how well it would actually do to have Gerard spinning the wheel. That way, he actually has to speak out loud to specific people..

"Who's first ??" Gerard asks, again, a simple question, not directed at anybody in particular.
    Emily shoves you forward.
    "Me, I guess ??" You laugh. Emily's easing Gerard into it, you can tell.
    "Frankie.." Gerard spins the small pointer "Left foot red." he says, smiling at you. You smile back. You keep your eyes on him as he spins the dial for Emily.
    "Right hand blue." Gerard replies, forcing himself to look at Emily as he reads from the wheel. Emily smiles at him. He almost smiles back.

You soon find yourselves oddly twisted.
    You're fine for now, crouched with right foot on blue, the other on yellow, right hand red and left hand yellow.
    You're crouched, because Bert's standing over you at an angle you didn't think was possible. Emily is trying to fit her entire body onto the greens and almost toplling over.
    Ash has both feet on red, and is practically hugging you with his arms.
    You don't know where Bert's arms are, and you dare not look for fear you fall over.
    "Still not giving up ??" Gerard says, aiming the question mostly at Ash, whose face depicts features of pure agony.
    "No, bring it on." Ash says bravely, Gerard rolls his eyes and spins the wheel.
    "Right hand red."
    "Are you mad."
    "Yes. Right hand red."
    Ash thinks for a minute.
    "I'm gonna fall on Frank !!" He says, evidently hoping for Gerard to re-spin.
    "So ??" Gerard asks. He's not look straight at Ash when he talks to him, but he's seriously improving.
    "So you want me to crush your boyfriend ??"
    "Yup. Right hand red." Gerard repeats, catching your offended expression and grinning.
    Ash attempts to move his hand into place, and does, indeed, fall on you. You, in turn, knock Bert's leg, and then land on Emily, who was still precariously perched all on green.
    You end up in a pile on the floor, Amber laughing hysterically before walking over, hugging Gerard and kissing him on the side of the head.
    Gerard smirks at you. You stick your tongue out.
    "Alright Gerard, My turn on the wheel, get your butt on the mat. Now." Emily says, pushing Gerard away from the wheel.
    You hope to god she's not moving too fast with it, but erase the thought as Gerard shoves her back, resuming his place.
    "No way in hell." He states, pointing at Emily and raising his eyebrows.
    "Don't you sass me, boy, go join your boyfriend."
    You raise your arms out towards him for emphasis, giving him a questioning smile.
    He debates it, for a moment, before shoving the wheel towards Emily and almost launching himself onto your lap.
    "Knew that'd work." Emily says cheerily, "But you can't play while attached to him."
    "I can damn well try." Gerard huffs, hiding his face in your neck.
    "If you bite me, I swear to god." You say, anticipating Gerard's next move and causing him to sigh in annoyance.
    "No biting on the Twister mat, Gerard get up." Bert laughs. Gerard begrudgingly stands up, you follow, and you both take a place on adjacent sides of the mat.
    "Gerard ?? Right hand yellow."
    And so it began.

~~~~~~~~​

"You can't seriously expect me to do that ??" Gerard asks, as Emily smirks evilly.
    "Oh no, forcing you to bend over infront of your boyfriend. How tragic. Just do it." She says, laughter tinting her voice as Gerard makes a show of it.
    This is the third game of Twister Gerard's been involved with, and he's finally beginning to have actual conversations.
    You're adapting Twister slightly, here. You each take two goes, before it moves on to the next person.
    Before now, you and Gerard were simply stood, Gerard infront of you by one coloured dot, both of you with right foot on green, left on yellow.
    Now Gerard's been told "Right hand green. Left hand yellow." and has to basically bend over.
    You won't admit it out loud, but you've got a fantastic view.
    "Oh my god, let me take a picture ??" Amber laughs hysterically.
    "For the love of god, please grab his hips ??" Bert says, barely controlling his own laughter.
    "I hate you all." Gerard announces, kneeling down to remove all the hilarity from the position he's in.
    "Aww you're no fun." Emily pouts, spinning the wheel for Ash.

~~~~~~~~​

You soon find yourself tangled up inamongst Emily and Gerard, as Bert spins the wheel. You're pretty sure he's cheating, but whatever.
    Amber's finally playing, and is awaiting instruction. You've moved the game on further to three instructions before moving to the next person.
    "Amber. Right hand green, left foot red, right foot blue." Bert reads out as Amber desperately tries to tangle herself in with the three of you.
    "f**k this, I'm hungry." She announces after a couple of minutes, sitting on Gerard's back so he comes crashing down onto you.
    "Actually me too." Emily announces, standing up from her place just quick enough to escape.
    "Gerard ?? Get off me." You say, half laughing, but still in pain. You stand up and find yourselves in an empty living room. Looking towards the kitchen, you see everyone crowded round the table as Emily pulls out a few pizzas and preheats the oven.

"Gerard where's your splint ??" You ask, only just noticing the simple white bandage Gerard has on his hand. Although neatly tied, it won't really help his hand fix any faster.
    You know now that it's not broken, and it is healing, but the doctor said to keep the splint on just in case.
    "Hand doesn't hurt so I left it upstairs.." Gerard explains, confused as to why you've only just noticed.
    "You sure it doesn't hurt ??"
    "Perfectly sure, Frankie, it's not even bruised anymore." Gerard says, unwrapping the bandage quickly to prove his point.
    He was right. Swelling's gone down and it's hardly bruised.
    "Alright. If it starts getting worse though.."
    "I know, I know. Calm down." Gerard says, wrapping the bandage back up himself and erasing all thoughts that for it to be wrapped neatly, Emily must have done it.

7. x-DemolitionLover-x

Okay guys. I lied to you. This is the final chapter, but there's an extra part I want to add when I get home tonight.
    Yes, I found something to do this evening. It's terrifying and I doubt I'll survive, but damnit I need a night out !! <3
    After tonight, the first part of the sequel will be posted on the 8th January. I'll link the sequel both in my "final" post here and in my Chapter Index at the start of this thread.
    Here we go, Chapter 100.

Chapter 100 - 31st December

You shuffle slightly in your seat, trying to find a more confortable position under the covers.
    Opening your eyes slightly, you see Gerard still awake, reading his Stephen King book as if it's the last piece of literature in the world.
    You look at the clock to see exactly how long you'd been asleep for.
    "Three hours, thirty-five minutes and twenty....eight seconds." Gerard informs you as you see it's almost 5pm already.
    poop. It's almost 5pm already.
    Emily said she'd be here at 6. You have one hour to get Gerard moving. And oh god he looks a state..
    His hair's unwashed, his eyeliner smudged and he smells, for lack of a better word, shitty.

"Gerard put the book down." You say, intent on getting him up and showered before Emily turns up and accuses you of neglecting him.
    "Why ??" He questions. His speech is still quiet, but he's showing alot more emotion in his words. He'll only talk to you, though, so it's lucky your parents have no intention of spending New Years with you.
    "Because you have to get up and showered because quite frankly, you smell like poop."
    "So ??" He questions, raising one eyebrow at you.
    "So go wash or I'm not going anywhere near you for the entirety of next year."
    "I'll wash next year, I just don't see the point today." He says seriously, turning a page in the book.
    "Just come on." You plead, standing up and dragging him off the couch as he folds the page of his book over and sighs.
    You attempt to lift his now-dead-weight, but he's still half wrapped up in the duvet and you only manage to get him to the stairs.
    "Gerard, get the f**k upstairs and wash." You say, as politely as possible.
    "Make me." He challenges, smirking slightly.
    So you pinch him. Hard. In the butt.
    "f**k !! Frank !!"
    "Get upstairs."
    "No !!"
    Pinch - pinch - pinch
    "Ow !!" Gerard practically launches himself up the stairs on all fours as you follow him, he runs into the bathroom and slams the door, locking it behind him.
    "And you'd better f**king wash !!" You call through the door, retreating to your bedroom to lay out clean clothes for Gerard.
    You put out something you know he won't argue with. Baggy black jeans and your Misfits tshirt (the one with the big white skull print), leaving him to choose underwear and poop because that's just not your job.
    You only need to go through your boyfriend's underwear if he's wearing it.

You retreat back downstairs for the duvet and spare blanket, hiding them all in your wardrobe so Gerard can't immediately hide back under them.
    As you begin tidying the house as much as you feel necessary, you hear the sound of running water and smile. Maybe today was going to be a little more bearable anyway.
    [iThump[/i] You flinch. Or not.
    You run back up the stairs and knock on the bathroom door.
    "Gerard, you okay ??" You call through the door.
    "Yeah." Comes the unsure call from the other side.
    "You decent ??"
    "Always."
    You open the door, which you now find is unlocked, and walk in to see Gerard on the floor, smiling warily.
    Why isn't he showering ?? What was that thud ?? Why does he look so scared ??
    "I'll shower if you wash my hair first." He says, answering every question at once.
    You sigh in frustration and close the door behind you, moving over to your apparently helpless boyfriend.
    You will never admit it out loud, but you kind of like washing Gerard's hair. The lack of it nowadays makes it a much faster process, though, and soon you find yourself rinsing out the conditioner and just running your hands through your boyfriend's hair for the hell of it.
    "Alright ?? Now shower you f**ker." You laugh, kissing your boyfriend's cheek and leaving the bathroom before he finds another reason to procrastinate.

You walk back downstairs to the sound of the water running again, this time not followed by a thud.
    You look at the clock. [5:50] Emily'd be here in 10 minutes.
    Ding-dong
    Or not ??
    You walk over to the door and open it, revealing a very serious looking Emily, brandishing.. Twister. Huddling it infront of her like a trophy.
    You shoot her a confused look as she walks inside, revealing Ash, Amber and Bert standing on the doorstep, holding bags of party stuff.
    You close the door behind them as they walk in, muttering their greetings as they do so.
    You realise, then, how surreal your friendship group is, and how oddly matched you all are.
    "Where's Gerard ??" Emily calls from the living room.
    "Shower." You say, pointing upstairs.
    "Brilliant. Gives us time to set up then, doesn't it ??" Emily grins, as the others go to empty the bags out in the kitchen.

[CENTER~~~~~~~~[/CENTER]

You look up from where you are at the sound of the stairs creaking.
    "Frank, did I hear-" Gerard starts, rubbing his hair dry on a towel as he descends the final two steps, dressed in the clothes you laid out for him.
    He freezes everything he's doing and you see panic flood his eyes as he takes in the amount of people suddenly in the room.
    Everyone in the room is silent. Ash and Amber busy themselves in the kitchen while you, Emily and Bert look at Gerard, his hand still holding the towel to his head, in mid-walk down the stairs.
    "Gerard-" You start. He tries to back up the stairs, slipping on the first step he takes.
    You chase after him as he tries to slam your own door in your face.
    "Frank what the hell ??" He says, not angrily, but upset.
    "Gerard just come downstairs ?? They're f**king worried about you !! You don't have to talk, don't have to do anything, I even left your book on the f**king coffee table, just come downstairs ??"
    You leave the room, then, allowing him to come down in his own time.

"Is he coming ??" Emily asks sadly from the armchair.
    "Probably a bit later." You smile, talking quietly so Gerard can't hear you. Emily gets the hint.
    "Oh that's a shame.. I really wanted to see him.." She says so he can hear, fake-sadly, while grinning like a fool.
    "But Emily, he said-" Bert starts, before Emily clamps her hand over his mouth.
    "Bert where's the lady ??" You ask, moving the conversation on slightly as Emily removes her hand from his face.
    "With family or some crap." He smirks.
    "That's a point, me and Amber have to be back before midnight, that cool ??" Ash says, walking back in from the kitchen with a small pack of crisps. You know Amber's going home to be with her parents for the New Years celebration, so you nod in agreement.
    You settle down to chat to everyone. Everyone sits on the floor despite the abundance in chairs. The carpet just seems more.. social.

~~~~~~~~​

You're in the middle of a serious discussion about the necessity of having a physical CD as opposed to online downloads.
    "But downloading is so much easier !!" Emily says. She understands the importance of a physical CD, but doesn't think she should go out and buy it when she can just download it immediately.
    "But the feeling you get when you tear open the packaging on a new CD, the first time you play it and the severe lack of scratching sounds it makes the first few times !! There's nothing like it !!" You say, uncaring of how sensitive you sound. CDs beat MP3s any day.
    "Oh whatever. CDs break." Emily huffs, Ash nods in agreement.
    "Come on guys, stop arguing.." Bert says impatiently.
    "He's right-" Emily starts.
    "CDs are totally better anyway and we all know it." Bert finishes, dodging out of the way as Emily swings for him.

From where you're all sat, only you are in the direct view of the stairs. As you see the tangle of black hair make itself visible, you send to signal to Emily.
    She whispers to the rest of them to act like Gerard hasn't even turned up, even when he eventually does.
    "Bert, enough of your poop." Ash smiles, pulling his iPod out of his pocket, "This is alot easier to carry around than a f**king CD player."
    "We're not saying don't have MP3s !!" Bert says impatiently.
    "No, we're saying, buy the CDs, rip the music from the CDs to the computer, and then put them on music players !!" You say, almost in hysterics about how silly your friends are being.
    "Then what do you do with the CDs ??" Amber asks, clearly confused by the aspect of switching between CD and MP3.
    "Then you can keep the CDs for display, or better yet, play them on a CD player when your iPod dies. Which it will. I mean come on, it's an iPod." Bert says, glaring at the small device in Ash's hand.

You hear small footsteps coming from the stairs, but don't look up. None of you look up.
    It's kind of like dealing with a small wild animal. No sudden movements, don't let it know you've seen it..

"So basically, you guys waste time by going to buy the CD, when we get it straight away." Emily concludes. You know for a fact she sometimes buys CDs, but mostly it's iTunes she's on..
    "We pay the full price and appreciate the music more, is all." Bert says, twisting it round so Emily and Ash look like the bad guys.

You feel a body sit down next to you quietly. You calmly and casually put your arm around his shoulders as the conversation continues.

"Excuse me ?? Are you saying we don't fully appreciate the music, just because we buy it online ??"
    "That's exactly what I'm saying, Ash." Bert smirks at Ash's frustration.
    "It's two against three." Ash says, favouring his side as he points to himself, Emily and Amber.
    "Nu-uh, I'm not getting involved." His girlfriend clears, walking out into the kitchen. You mentally thank Amber.
    "What are they talking about ??" Gerard says quietly so only you can hear.
    "CDs versus MP3 downloads." You say quietly as Emily prevents Ash from tearing Bert apart.
    "Don't you mock me !!" Ash says, as Bert grins maniacally. You wish you'd heard what he said.
    "Well that's obvious. CDs are better because then you have a physical copy of what you bought." Gerard says, still quietly, still just to you, but shooting Emily and Ash confused looks.
    "Looks like we win. Three against two, guys !!" You laugh as Emily raises a hand to her face in frustration and Ash swears under his breath.
    "f**k it all."
    "Yes !!" Bert exclaims, fist-pumping the air.
    "We all done arguing ??" Amber asks, moving back into the living room.
    "Yeah we won." Bert grins, before sticking his tongue out at Ash.
    Ash kisses his iPod apologetically.
    "iPods are poop aswell." Gerard announces out loud, looking at the floor and not directing the comment to anyone in particular.
    "Seconded." Bert says happily.
    "I'll actually agree with that. Sorry Ash." Amber says apolgetically, sitting down to her now-fuming boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~​

"TWISTER. NOW." Emily says after what was evidently turning into an awkward silence.
    "Oh f**k no, no way in hell, Frankie." Gerard says, still directing his comment to you, as he had been doing most of the night.
    Every now and then he'd say something out loud, but it'd never be more than a vague comment and it'd never be directed at anyone in particular.
    "You can spin the wheel then." You say, shoving Gerard towards the area where Emily's already set up the plastic mat.
    "I downright refuse to play." Amber says, securing her protest by sitting down in the armchair.
    "Oh great, I'm stuck with three boys." Emily says in fake excitement, before rolling her eyes.
    "Maybe later, Em !!" Amber says happily. Empty promises.
    You think, for a moment, how well it would actually do to have Gerard spinning the wheel. That way, he actually has to speak out loud to specific people..

"Who's first ??" Gerard asks, again, a simple question, not directed at anybody in particular.
    Emily shoves you forward.
    "Me, I guess ??" You laugh. Emily's easing Gerard into it, you can tell.
    "Frankie.." Gerard spins the small pointer "Left foot red." he says, smiling at you. You smile back. You keep your eyes on him as he spins the dial for Emily.
    "Right hand blue." Gerard replies, forcing himself to look at Emily as he reads from the wheel. Emily smiles at him. He almost smiles back.

You soon find yourselves oddly twisted.
    You're fine for now, crouched with right foot on blue, the other on yellow, right hand red and left hand yellow.
    You're crouched, because Bert's standing over you at an angle you didn't think was possible. Emily is trying to fit her entire body onto the greens and almost toplling over.
    Ash has both feet on red, and is practically hugging you with his arms.
    You don't know where Bert's arms are, and you dare not look for fear you fall over.
    "Still not giving up ??" Gerard says, aiming the question mostly at Ash, whose face depicts features of pure agony.
    "No, bring it on." Ash says bravely, Gerard rolls his eyes and spins the wheel.
    "Right hand red."
    "Are you mad."
    "Yes. Right hand red."
    Ash thinks for a minute.
    "I'm gonna fall on Frank !!" He says, evidently hoping for Gerard to re-spin.
    "So ??" Gerard asks. He's not look straight at Ash when he talks to him, but he's seriously improving.
    "So you want me to crush your boyfriend ??"
    "Yup. Right hand red." Gerard repeats, catching your offended expression and grinning.
    Ash attempts to move his hand into place, and does, indeed, fall on you. You, in turn, knock Bert's leg, and then land on Emily, who was still precariously perched all on green.
    You end up in a pile on the floor, Amber laughing hysterically before walking over, hugging Gerard and kissing him on the side of the head.
    Gerard smirks at you. You stick your tongue out.
    "Alright Gerard, My turn on the wheel, get your butt on the mat. Now." Emily says, pushing Gerard away from the wheel.
    You hope to god she's not moving too fast with it, but erase the thought as Gerard shoves her back, resuming his place.
    "No way in hell." He states, pointing at Emily and raising his eyebrows.
    "Don't you sass me, boy, go join your boyfriend."
    You raise your arms out towards him for emphasis, giving him a questioning smile.
    He debates it, for a moment, before shoving the wheel towards Emily and almost launching himself onto your lap.
    "Knew that'd work." Emily says cheerily, "But you can't play while attached to him."
    "I can damn well try." Gerard huffs, hiding his face in your neck.
    "If you bite me, I swear to god." You say, anticipating Gerard's next move and causing him to sigh in annoyance.
    "No biting on the Twister mat, Gerard get up." Bert laughs. Gerard begrudgingly stands up, you follow, and you both take a place on adjacent sides of the mat.
    "Gerard ?? Right hand yellow."
    And so it began.

~~~~~~~~​

"You can't seriously expect me to do that ??" Gerard asks, as Emily smirks evilly.
    "Oh no, forcing you to bend over infront of your boyfriend. How tragic. Just do it." She says, laughter tinting her voice as Gerard makes a show of it.
    This is the third game of Twister Gerard's been involved with, and he's finally beginning to have actual conversations.
    You're adapting Twister slightly, here. You each take two goes, before it moves on to the next person.
    Before now, you and Gerard were simply stood, Gerard infront of you by one coloured dot, both of you with right foot on green, left on yellow.
    Now Gerard's been told "Right hand green. Left hand yellow." and has to basically bend over.
    You won't admit it out loud, but you've got a fantastic view.
    "Oh my god, let me take a picture ??" Amber laughs hysterically.
    "For the love of god, please grab his hips ??" Bert says, barely controlling his own laughter.
    "I hate you all." Gerard announces, kneeling down to remove all the hilarity from the position he's in.
    "Aww you're no fun." Emily pouts, spinning the wheel for Ash.

~~~~~~~~​

You soon find yourself tangled up inamongst Emily and Gerard, as Bert spins the wheel. You're pretty sure he's cheating, but whatever.
    Amber's finally playing, and is awaiting instruction. You've moved the game on further to three instructions before moving to the next person.
    "Amber. Right hand green, left foot red, right foot blue." Bert reads out as Amber desperately tries to tangle herself in with the three of you.
    "f**k this, I'm hungry." She announces after a couple of minutes, sitting on Gerard's back so he comes crashing down onto you.
    "Actually me too." Emily announces, standing up from her place just quick enough to escape.
    "Gerard ?? Get off me." You say, half laughing, but still in pain. You stand up and find yourselves in an empty living room. Looking towards the kitchen, you see everyone crowded round the table as Emily pulls out a few pizzas and preheats the oven.

"Gerard where's your splint ??" You ask, only just noticing the simple white bandage Gerard has on his hand. Although neatly tied, it won't really help his hand fix any faster.
    You know now that it's not broken, and it is healing, but the doctor said to keep the splint on just in case.
    "Hand doesn't hurt so I left it upstairs.." Gerard explains, confused as to why you've only just noticed.
    "You sure it doesn't hurt ??"
    "Perfectly sure, Frankie, it's not even bruised anymore." Gerard says, unwrapping the bandage quickly to prove his point.
    He was right. Swelling's gone down and it's hardly bruised.
    "Alright. If it starts getting worse though.."
    "I know, I know. Calm down." Gerard says, wrapping the bandage back up himself and erasing all thoughts that for it to be wrapped neatly, Emily must have done it.

8. x-DemolitionLover-x

You slump down on the couch and turn your head towards the kitchen. You can hear them talking about how long pizza has to be left in for, varying profoundly from eachother and almost starting another argument.
    You look at the clock. [21:30]
    Two and a half hours left of this year. That's it.
    You watch as Gerard goes into the kitchen and takes the box off of the side.
    "See ?? It says right here. One-eighty degrees, for around twenty minutes. Seeing as it's preheated at 200, do it for 15 and then check on it." He says, placing the box back on the side and smiling smugly as they all stop arguing.
    You smile and close your eyes, soon finding yourself a little more squished into the couch. You look up to see Gerard sat on you, knees either side of your legs.

"You alright ??" You ask, playing with the fabric of his jeans.
    "Trying to be." He answers honestly, averting his eyes ever so slightly.
    You think of all the conversations he's had tonight, how you thought about how well he was getting on. You realise now that that was just him trying to be okay with everything.
    "Sorry for not warning you about tonight." You apologise, still playing with the fabric of his jeans, but looking to his face. He's too busy watching your hand on his leg to look up.
    "It's fine, honestly, I get what you were trying to do, and it's actually helped alot." He says, looking towards the kitchen.
    "I can see that." You smirk, indicating how smug he'd been not five minutes ago.
    "Yeah, I didn't have to force that, it just pisses me off when people don't bother to read the instructions.." He laughs slightly, shyly looking down at his hands, which are at the moment resting on your stomach.

You're still not used to Gerard being this shy around friends. It's wierd to see him so closed off.
    "Do you want me to get Mikey over ??"
    "More than anything.." Gerard replies, and you go to take out your phone, "But don't."
    "Why not ??" You ask, replacing your hand on his leg.
    "I don't want him to see me like this." Gerard replies silently. You smile and nod, reaching up to rest your right hand behind Gerard's neck. He smiles as you pull him towards you, keeping his hands on your stomach as you kiss him lightly. Not enough to be inappropriate for company, but more than just a regular kiss.
    He sits back as people re-enter the room, setting out tortilla chips and dip on the table, along with two large bottles of Dr Pepper and three of Coca Cola.
    "Truth or dare ??" Emily suggests. Ash and Bert sigh in annoyance as the rest of you cheer in approval.

~~~~~~~~​

You groan as the bottle points to you for the fifth time that night.
    The pizza's laid out on the table now, and you're in the middle of eating a slice as Emily cheers in delight.
    "Frank !! Truth or dare ??"
    You swallow your food, eager not to talk with your mouth full for fear Emily will hit you (again) and tell you off.
    "Truth." You answer. You're sat on the couch and the coffee table's been pushed out of the way. Gerard's sat on the floor between your legs.
    You've sorted it out so if the bottle points to the right side of the couch, it's you, the left side, it's Gerard.
    "Have you done dirty things to Gerard yet ??" Emily says. You sigh in annoyance.
    "Wait, what does 'dirty things' mean ??" Gerard asks curiously.
    "With Emily ?? Like, anything past kissing." Bert responds, gaining himself a punch in the stomach. By the look on his face, he seriously regrets sitting next to her.
    "Anything to do with the lower half of your bodies being exposed." Emily answers, almost proudly.
    You and Gerard exchange looks of 'I don't think so' and shrug.
    "I guess that'd be a no, then." You answer, laughing slightly at the disappointed expressions on everyone's faces.

Emily spins the bottle again, and it lands on Bert.
    "Have you done naughty stuff to your girlfriend yet ??" Amber asks politely.
    "Why are all the questions suddenly dodgy ?? The last thing I got asked was the name of my rabbit.."
    "And we all love Mr Fluffers, but come on and answer the big boy questions." Ash smirks. Those two have a bit of a friendly rivalry going on tonight, it seems.
    "Fine. Yes." Bert answers shortly, rolling his eyes as Emily gasps in horror.
    Bert spins the bottle to avoid any more questions, and it lands on Emily.
    "Who was your first kiss ??" Bert asks smugly.
    "Frank." Emily shrugs. Everyone in the room but Bert already knew that anyway.
    Well, almost everyone. Gerard turns his head to stare at you in confusion. You shrug casually and turn back to the game.
    The bottle spins towards Gerard and he attempts to hide in your leg.

"Gerard." Amber begins, a hint of mischief glinting in her eyes as Gerard timidly turns to face her, "What did your last sexual fantasy involve ??"
    Everyone in the room is silent as Gerard bites his lower lip in thought. You find yourself leaning forward in anticipation and promptly sit back, playing with Gerard's hair as he thinks.
    "Frank, a feather boa, and me being very badly behaved." He answers nonchalantly. Amber nods in approval as Emily covers her ears, Ash and Bert shoot you encouraging looks and you flip them off.
    "You know what this game needs ??" Ash asks, standing and walking the few feet to the kitchen. You all look to him expectantly. "Booze." he finishes, walking out with a bottle of Jack Daniels and some plastic shot glasses.
    Because you were a sophisticated group of people.

Soon the game was underway. The truths got more personal, the dares got more daring, and anyone not willing to participate in the truth or dare given to them, had to take a shot.
    The best thing was, the more drunk people got, the easier it was to get them to tell you embarassing things.
    "Amber, seeing as you made poor Gerard do it earlier, what was your last sexual fantasy ??" Emily asks. She's the only one there who hasn't taken a shot. Gerard had, unfortunately, forfeited two dares, but you were making sure the shots they gave him weren't too much.
    Because you know, nerd-slash-recovering-alcoholic-slash-vampire.
    "It involves Bert's girlfriend and handcuffs." Amber smirks. She's not drunk in the slightest, even after.. what was it.. 7 shots ??
    You've lost count.
    "Hey !!" Bert snaps, although evidently grinning at the thought of it.
    "Hey guys, what's the time ??" Gerard asks. You momentarily wonder why he doesn't just look at the clock, but you look down to see him resting his head on your lap while you play with his hair. his eyes are closed and he's smiling.
    "Half eleven." Emily replies, not even looking at the clock.
    And sure enough, the hands point to half past 11.
    Half an hour left of this year.
    "Well then. Almost time to turn the TV on."
    "My dad says I can ring in the new year with you guys, but I have to leave straight after." Amber says, flicking through messages on her phone.
    "You sure you don't wanna go back ??"
    "Yeah it's cool." She smiles, as Ash pulls her through into the kitchen.
    Well you think that's what he's doing. And then you see Emily dragging him and Bert and put two and two together, (it makes four), and realise he's grabbing Amber to stop himself being forced to wash up.
    "Come on guys, we wanna ring in the new year with a tidy f**king house." Emily says. You're about to inform her it's your house and you don't mind doind the washing up later, but your thoughts are washed away by how happily Amber follows to help out.
    And hell, maybe Ash and Bert will stop arguing.

"It's almost 2012, Frankie." Gerard says sleepily from your lap, opening his eyes slightly to look at you, "Who knows what next year will bring ??"
    "Yeah, maybe you'll find that better Frank and run away with him ??" You offer, smiling.
    "Nah, I'm alright with the one I've got for now." Gerard smiles, closing his eyes again.
    "For now ?? Well that's a bit rude, don't you think ?? Planning on trading up later in the year ?? January sales maybe ??" You joke, messing up your boyfriend's hair so it falls in his face again.
    "Depends on whether I get into the art school or not I guess."
    "Oh yes. Art school. Woo."
    Because in the new year, you'll have finished 11th grade. You're moving on to college and hopefully getting a job, and Gerard's applying for an Art school in New York.
    You don't care how close New York is, it's still too far away for your liking.
    "Don't get all stroppy about it, I'll be living with you, won't I ??"
    "Totally not the point." You sulk. You don't want to have this conversation again. Gerard seems to understand and moves the conversation on to how little time they have left of 2011.
    "10 minutes !!" Gerard announces, aiming his shouts at the kitchen. Emily comes running in to turn on the TV.

"That's everything tidied." Amber says cheerfully, skipping out from the kitchen and clearing the back of the armchair, landing softly in the seat.
    Ash and Bert walk out, chatting about bands. You smile as you see that they had, infact, stopped arguing.
    As the clock reaches five minutes to go, Emily turns up the sound on the television. Gerard stands up and turns around, sitting on your lap like he was earlier.
    "You won't be able to see the TV from there, Gee." You point out, welcoming the feeling nonetheless.
    "I got a great view in this direction anyway." He says, shrugging.
    You roll your eyes and move in to kiss him. He puts his finger in the way.
    "Not yet." He says, using his thumb to point to the clock behind him.
    You roll your eyes again and slump back on the couch.
    "So I don't even get a 'goodbye 2011' kiss before welcoming in the new year ??" You ask, hoping Gerard's ability to personify even the time will make him feel bad about not giving the year a proper sendoff. You'd be right.
    He kisses you, then, quickly, but it's enough.
    You're about to suggest that 2011 didn't think he really meant it, but the 30 second timer is already going on between Emily and Ash.
    Then comes the official 10-second-coundown.
    8-
    You don't look at the television, only into the eyes of the boy on your lap, seemingly slowing time around him as he smiles at you.
    6-
    He grabs your right hand in his left, and you move your left hand to his waist.
    4-
    He moves his right hand to your shoulder, toying with the collar of your shirt.
    2-
    1-
    "Happy New Year !!" Comes the unanimous cry from the Iero household living room, where only one Iero is present.
    You're not listening, however. you're too busy with Gerard.
    His lips move against yours in a slow kiss, one you hadn't experienced in a while. You welcomed it. There was no rush, no desperation, and no panic. Just you and Gerard ringing in the new year, together.

~~~~~~~~​

A.N.
    Screw it, I won't be back until really late, so I'll post the next bit now.

9. x-DemolitionLover-x

Happy New Year - Narrator POV

The door is locked, and two people are left in the Iero household.
    One of them is the youngest of the resident family, the other, his boyfriend. It's 1am on the 1st January 2012, and the boys are heading to bed.
    They walk up the stairs together, stealing kisses and sharing laughs of the night just passed.
    The taller of the two trips up a step, causing them to both laugh again while the shorter helps him up, and they continue up the stairs arm in arm.
    They're still giggling as they open the door to their room and enter, not bothering to turn on the light as they shut the door.
    The shorter of two two begins removing his piercings as the other snakes his arms around his waist, resting his chin on his shoulder.
    When the boy is done, he turns in his boyfriend's arms and kisses him passionately.
    Frank and Gerard have always found comfort in eachother's arms. Neither of them will admit it, but they're scared for what this next year will bring. Gerard feels there's too much to do and not enough time, and Frank's worried he'll lose Gerard to Art School.
    Gerard is slowly pushed backwards and feels the back of his knees connect with the bed and falls backwards, pulling Frank with him. Frank lands on him with a soft thud, almost knocking the wind from the boy underneath him.
    They both share laughs before resuming kissing.

It's dark in the room, as the curtains are shut so tight only a sliver of moonlight is shining through. Frank props himself up, crossing his arms on his boyfriend's chest. Gerard begins playing with Frank's hair.
    Frank looks into his boyfriend's eyes and smiles.
    "I love you so damn much." He whispers into the silent room, his voice open and honest. Gerard smiles.
    "I love you, too." He responds, pulling his boyfriend towards him in a tender, loving kiss.
    At this point in time, with the new year ahead of them, nothing is certain. Nothing, except that no matter what happens, they'll get through it together.
    And as sad as that sounds, it's all they really want.

~~~~~~~~​

A.N.
    Thank you guys so much for bothering to read this. I'm hoping to set up the thread for the sequel in the next few days and I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint.. This is my first frerard fanfic that wasn't actually laughable.. I ended my proper first one a bit bloody and rushed (if any of you read Eyeliner Stained Tears on the MCR facebook page, you'll know what I mean..) mostly because I thought that was the fastest way to really finish everything. You never tie up all the loose ends. That's really why I'm doing the sequel. Tie up loose ends I haven't addressed and show the world there's no such thing as a 'perfect' relationship, only ones worth fighting for and ones not.
    Thankyou all, I hope to see you in the New Year.
    xoxoMegan.

10. AHHHHH HOLY MOTHERf**kER IT'S OVER. THAT WAS SO GOOD.
    I'm done exploding now.
    That was reeeeeeally good.
    One of my favorite fics, by far.
    You have a fo' sho' reader for the sequel, I ain't ready tah say bye yet!
    Love it so f**king much, so much like reality.
    Oh? Not sure that James is never coming back? Maybe if he's buried in pixels he can't...
    f**k! It actually ended on pretty good terms!
    Not saying everything was perfect in their lives, because it wasn't, but it fit to perfectly... words can't describe it.
    You sure have a way with words.
    Okay, I feel I've rambled enough.....
    BYE!!!!<3333

-Your trustworthy of reading the sequel reader, Amanda.<3

11. Mrs.Iero Way

Mrs.Iero Way New Member

will DEFINATELY read the sequal!

12. x-DemolitionLover-x

The sequel is now posted !!
    Well, the main page for it is up, and in my sig under the title "Insignificance" - I think the description may entice you all.. ;3

I also have another fic up, under "Curtains" in my sig, titled "Who Called Curtains ??" - It's not a slashfic, but it's an MCR mystery/supernatural story that I made to basically confuse the hell out of every single reader. ;D

if you guys wanna check that out it'd be cool.. :$:

Anyway, I love you all !! Back to writing like, the fourth chapter of the sequel.. None of the chapters have been posted yet and they are all quite spread out.. >.>

But yeah, to sum up, The Art Of Insignificance (x-"Insignificance".) is the new sequel to Obsession Is Beautiful. (this story)
    "Who Called Curtains ??" (x-"Curtains".) is my new non-slash story.

Hope to see you all on at least one of these stories in the future !! ^_^

13. Definitely!! I'll check out the Curtains one ;)
    Oh! I've already noticed the Insignificance thread is up... I WAS FIRST COMMENTOR. Haha [;
    I'll have a spaz attack on the 8th, just lettin' you know. :D
    Okay... gotta go finish watching the LotMS's for the hundredth time... BYE!! ;D

14. Athena

Athena Active Member

OMG I loved the ending, that last little bit was soo sweet.
    Definately be on the sequel :)

BTW I just noticed we went to the same MCR concert last year :p

Happy New Year <3

15. x-DemolitionLover-x

CyanideDiamond - I saw your comment, it pleased me ='D I'll also be having a Spaz Attack on the 8th. Mostly due to posting the first chapter of a brand new story for you all, but also because I'll finally be 16 .

Xx-Hayz-xX - Glad you liked it ^_^ And we did ??!! AWESOME. Happy New Year !! <3

16. Athena

Athena Active Member

Yeaaaah 12th Feb 2011 at Wembley Arena :D
    I was sat right at the back though

17. -melovesMCRXx-

-melovesMCRXx- New Member

*feels very ashamed for not commenting earlier*
    Duudee
    They were so awesome! Okay, i have a few points...
    ~James is a c-word.
    ~James should jump of a cliff.
    ~James should then be raped by a fish.
    ~Then die.
    (Okay, enough of that bastard xD)
    ~When Gerard wouldn't speak, or move, i was almost in freaking tears! (over emotional teenager) But when he finally did, i was grinning like a flaming fool xD
    ~The twister scene. Omg, i laughed so much xD
    ~In the sequel, i hope they don't break up D: Or drift... but... "Can Frank and Gerard do anything to save their relationship, or were they destined to argue forever ??" says otherwise D:
    ~Finally, i can't wait for the 8th xD Excited for zee sequel :3
    I'll also check out your other fic 'curtains', when i have time, it sounds interesting :O

Finally: Happy Birthday for the 8th xD
    And have a great birthday! :3
    (Woah, long-butt comment e.o)

18. x-DemolitionLover-x

Xx-Hayz-xX - That's awesome =D I got crushed while standing, so you probably came out of it a little more alive than me anyways.. >.> [/offtopic]

-melovesMCRXx- - I adore your views on James. But maybe I can swing you a little in the sequel ?? ;) No spoilers, I swear, I haven't even written that far into it yet.
    But you guys are giving me ideas. :ninja:
    The bit where Gerard wouldn't move made me tear up while writing it !! D= I've never witnessed someone acting like that first-hand, and I hope I never do. O_O
    I shall try and have a great birthday, and I'll probably be spending it on here updating anyways ;D

MUCH LOVE GUYS.
    xoxoMegan.

19. -melovesMCRXx-

-melovesMCRXx- New Member

We're giving you ideas? :O
    DOES THAT MEAN HE'S GONNA JUMP OFF A CLIFF AND GET RAPED BY A FISH? :O
    I hope so xD Wow... that's so weird, yet so awesome :O
    Hehe, yay for internet lives, ey? xD

20. Athena

Athena Active Member

OMG I Totally agree, can you imagine being raped by a fish?