What inspired you?/What song inspired you to write?

Discussion in 'Musician's Corner' started by Xaviare, May 3, 2008.

1. Xaviare

Xaviare New Member

Many musicians inspire me to write music and even poems.The inspiration come from the way the artist sings/playsto the way they dance.The inspiration can even come from a bird shitting on a car or something like that.xD

The song that inspired me to write today is Vicarous Atonement By TMV.

What inspires you?

2. Vega

Vega Cosmonaut

3. blueflame817

blueflame817 New Member

Sweet Sacrifice, by Evanescence. My neighbors are pissed because I was blaring it for about an hour straight, but they can deal. It inspired me to write a story about an abandoned baby... ":>_<:

4. marieee

marieee New Member

OMG AT VEGA'S!
    I haven't heard that song since like.. '06!
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooood's sake! Blink o_o

The song give 'em hell, kid and pretty handsome awkward inspired me to learn bass, actually.

5. SandTiger

SandTiger New Member

Guitar Hero and MCR (obviously) inspired me

6. Claire.

Claire. Photographic Disorder.

avril lavigne's under my skin album inspired me a lot.
    MCR is often a role model for my music.
    30STM, Linkin Park, Sex Pistols...well, I try to melt all the music i listen to and like into a style I feel I can make mine.
    Recently I was listening to DARI, and italian emerging band...I quite liked them. They had me thinking about adding a little bit of synth to my music. :)

7. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

Bringing this thread back; it's a nice one :)

I, personally, find Fightstar pretty inspirational. I love the lyrics - they build stories in my head.
    The band that started it all, however, was Blink-182. Initially, their self-titled album, but then the rest as I came to know them :)

8. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

Amy Lee from Evanescence inspires me to play piano.

9. darkestnight

darkestnight Coffee Girl

I actually picked up music after my first concert, Evanescence. But then when I saw Avenged Sevenfold live I became rather obsesive about playing guitar. So in short Synyster Gates, Ray Toro, Tom DeLonge, Billie Joe Armstrong and Marilyn Manson really got me into playing music.

10. Everything about music inspires me to write.
    I'll go to a show downtown, and just feeling the beat and the crowd going nuts is enough for me to lose control and melt into the music.
    If I didn't have it, I'd be dead anyway.

11. jayybee

jayybee New Member

My Best friends Jennay Chiara and Ryan inspire me as an artist becuase theyre all so supportive and amazing.
    and we all work together to make me an artist:p
    since i can't write lyrics for poop, Jenny, my inspiration helps me write,
    Ryan supports my descion as a singer and Chiara is jsut there to listen to me ramble abotu my newest song :p
    and as for music,
    alot of different people inspire me to write and sing
    my chem deff, a7x, MSI, FFTL, Basshunter xD and so many others depending on ym mood.

12. xCirclesx

xCirclesx New Member

Slash from guns n roses

13. Sussak

Sussak Guest

Honestly, the band that introduced me to the music world was My Chemical Romance with Bullets. I learned how to play guitar with that album. I get inspired usually by the song Headfirst for Halos.

Other band that inspires me a lot might be Linkin Park. I learned how to play drums with their songs. I find their lyrics pretty inspirational and overwhelming. Personal themes and most of all, actual ones. It makes me see my feelings and emotions in a different perspective.

And finally, Queen. Their songs inspire me to write. They're actually in my top ten fave bands. The melodical and harmonial rhythm they portray in their songs is something that could never miss in my daily playlist.

14. Mooka

Mooka New Member

Oooh. Probably, right now, this song called Whatshername by Green Day, and Fake It by Seether.

15. Mooka

Mooka New Member

Ah bugger. Double post, Sorry!
    Oooh.
    Um, Frank Iero really inspired me. He made me really believe that if I wanted to I could be anything I wanted to be. Also, he made me stop caring what people thought about me.
    The Rev's intense passion for drumming. Wow. I'd die if I saw him in real life.
    Gerard Way is still inspiring me to write. He's an amazing character..
    Jimmy Urine. He's like a little weird amazing songwriter in one.
    Kitty! Drummer and a girl! She keeps me drumming. :)
    I'd love to have a opportunity to say thank you to them all.

16. A song called President of What? by Death Cab For Cutie.

17. Elena

Elena New Member

The soundtrack of Rent was what really inspired me to write. The lyrics are really inspirational, and so is the plotline. Rent is one of my all-time favorite movies, and...ugh. I'm positively in love with it, and it's why I write.

18. ZeroToHero

ZeroToHero Guest

Move In Closer by Beneath City Streets, really inspired me. It's like the lyrics are telling me how I feel, and it's all true.

19. MySecretSanctuary

MySecretSanctuary New Member

Well...Cobra Starship inspired me to write "Devil + Vampire".... Hmmm, I guess, music in general, my parents are musicians, so I guess its natural XD

20. ...oh... lots of things.

MCR (write and play)
    Steven Juliano (write)
    Kerith Talestai (play)
    Blink 182 (play)
    LeATHERMOUTH (play)
    Escape The Fate (mostly write)
    Madina Lake (play)

That's all I can think of atm.