Vegetarianism

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by x_Mother War, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

So you eat food that has been cooked with meat (so you would eat the vegetables in a stew but not the meat)? Surely, that's still easy for her? Or are you saying that's what she's trying to get you to eat?
    I'm a bit confused.

2. I do eat things cooked with meat, but she has to cook other things, like these patty things I've grown to love, and it's all too hard for her because she's then got to half cook the steak, then cook mine, and then it burns etc etc.

And have you ever noticed things come in packs of four? Well then because I'm not eating it, theres one leftover, and my brother or dad eats it, and theyve got to watch their weights and diets.

Pretty much I get the blame, but it's not my fault?

3. Thumbelina

But, if they need to watch their diets, maybe things that they can absolutely not eat shouldn't be in the house? Or maybe they should have control over themselves and just refrain from eating the last?

Or not. Y'know, it probably is your being vegetarian that's the problem. Totally.

/sarcasm.

4. I know. My mum is just bitchy cause I'm the only one not on a diet right now out of the four of us. I dunno, maybe it'll just stop, eventually. Or she'll stop buying my food in an effort to force me to eat meat. I'll just buy my own, with the money the dam deli paid me XD

Did you ever have troubles like this with your parents?

5. Thumbelina

Well, firstly, I'm not actually vegetarian, so no on that count. But also, no, because I've pretty much always been allowed to do what I like x) My mum said she learnt when I was about two that I was going to do what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it and I wasn't going to do what I didn't want to do - and that was that.
    So, no I've never had trouble with my parents.

6. Ah right, I hadn't realised. I mean, at first, mum was pissed, and then she got over it, now she's sick of it. So yeah, I can do what I want, but it doesn't mean she has to approve

7. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

Cook your own food? (or at least some of it.) That's what I did when I was vegetarian. My mom supported my decision, but it was a pain for her to cook extra food, so I did it myself. 2 of my three brothers are vegan, and that's what they do. Sometimes Dad cooks two meals, one for the meat-eaters and one for the vegans. Sometimes the brothers do their own meals.

And as for your dad and brother, +1 to what Juliet said. If they shouldn't be eating it, they should try a little self control. Try hiding the food for you in the back/bottom of the freezer under other things?

8. ^ Mm, I trymy hardest to cook my own part of the meal, but I have to work until 9.30 some nights, and it's just not high on my priorities to eat, so my mum gets a bit pissy with me. I've just noticed I wont eat eggs (?) I hadn't even noticed. I just stopped eating them, and stopped drinking milk, without noticing. I think mum thinks I've gone vegan...Maybe thats why she's pushing me?

My brother and Dad are just pigs. And my brother hardly eats anyway, so mum just says to eat it, so he's eating something, but he's still a big boy.

She should just be glad I'm not like my friend, illergic to everything under the sun, not allowed anything from pigs, lactose intolerant, and vegetarian. Feeding her is a witch.

9. JordanAce

JordanAce New Member

^good God...that must be difficult.

10. ^You have no idea. She's even illergic to soy products, however, she absolutley loves vegetarian bacon, and I can't blame her. It's delicious!

11. Stargate

Stargate New Member

Being vegetarian is awesome!

I've been one my entire life! But that's more becuase my parents deceided that! I'm from England so they stopped eating meat around the Mad Cow disease time! Before I was born! I eat the occasional meat but that's it really! Chicken & battered fish (from the Fish & Chip shop) is about all I will eat! The other meats just make me want to vomit!

That is the same with other people, right?

12. ^^ Oh my god I never knew that!

You scream a lot when you reply in this, did you know that Calum?
    I crave fish from the fish and chip shop. Om nom nom :p

13. Artemis

Artemis New Member

If you eat chicken... Then you're NOT a vegeterian.

Duuuuur. Derp.

14. Thumbelina

Nor is if you eat fish.

15. Artemis

Artemis New Member

Actually, I've seen plenty of people refer to themselves as still vegeterian even though they eat fish and eggs.

Yeeeeah, I don't get it either.

16. Thumbelina

They do, but it's still wrong x)

17. Didn't we discuss that a vegetarian that eats fish is an octo-vegetarian? (Or something along the lines of that) a few pages back?

18. Bexieh

Bexieh New Member

I was a veggie for like, four years. And then for some weird and bizzare reason, I just NEEDED Fish & Chips. And then I never went back. Whoops. And now I eat loads of meat so my friends refer to me as the 'worst vegetarian ever'. But I think I'm better this way 'cause I am SO picky with food anyway, being vegetarian meant that if I went to a restaurant or something, there'd literally be about one thing on the menu that I could eat. If that. And so although I'm not a vegetarian anymore, it still makes me angry when there are like, no veggie choices on menus and stuff.

But I originally went veggie because when I was younger I remember being in a restaurant and my mam got this fish dish...and the fish was just...THERE. This whole fish. With the eye and the head and everything. And it just grossed me out. And since my veggie years were inspired by a fish, it confuses me as to why some veggies still eat fish and chicken. But hey, each to their own!

19. ^ I worked in a deli. Processed ham, polony, sausages, bacon, salami, and raw chicken. I came home covered in it and just can't handle it anymore. I never worked in the seafood department so I can still eat that, but not all the time.

20. Thumbelina

Lacto-ovo vegetarians eat dairy and eggs. Pesctetarians eat fish (and dairy and eggs.