Up All Night

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Chemical 30, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Chemical 30

Chemical 30 Just 'That' Girl

Chapter 14

Gerard and Alicia sat in the empty cafeteria in silence, trays of food laid out in front of them, but neither was hungry; they stared down at the full tray and spoke no words. Alicia could feel herself shaking, her husband is suffering from memory loss and he’s paralyzed because of what she said, because of her their life was once again turned upside down. Gerard’s throat was tight and he struggled to keep himself calm. His brother’s life was ruined, all those years ruined in a matter of a few months. Gerard sighed and got up. Alicia looked up at him startled.

“I have to call Lindsay, I promised I would.” Gerard muttered and walked outside into the bitter morning air. He dialed the familiar number and waited for his wife to answer.

“Hey baby, how is he?” Lindsay asked.

“Not good, he thinks its 2007 and…..Lindsay he’s paralyzed from the waist down. He can’t remember anything from the accident or what happened a few months ago.” Gerard explained a tear running down his weary cheeks.

Oh my God….” Lindsay breathed, “And what happened to the other driver?

“He was killed on impact; we haven’t told Mikey that yet, we don’t want to freak him out anymore than he is at the moment. Lindsay the doctors say it’s most likely permanent that he’ll be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.” Gerard stated, “I don’t know what I can do to help him, he’s scared and confused, and I just don’t know what to say to him.”

Gee just be his brother, tell him it’s going to be alright, that you’re there for him, that you love him. Just treat him like you always have, don’t pity him….that’s not what he’ll want. He will need his big brother Gerard, all he’ll need is love and patience. And I know for a fact that you can give those to him.” Lindsay answered in a soft voice.

Gerard nodded, “Thank you Lindsay….I miss you and Miss B.”

We both miss you too honey, but take care of Mikey. We’ll be okay for a few days.” Lindsay said. They said their goodbyes and hung up. Gerard wiped his eyes and took a deep breath before going back inside.

Mikey watched TV mindlessly, he couldn’t do much else. He kept urging his legs to move, to walk but nothing happened. He tried to remember anything that has happened in the past five years but he was drawing a blank, it was like a fog has covered his brain and there was no way he could see through it.
    The door opened and Mikey saw a middle aged woman with her brown hair put up in a loose bun. Her eyes were bloodshot and swollen, dark rings circled them. Mikey had no idea who she was, but he did know that she looked furious.

“Ma’am who are you?” Mikey asked his voice quivering.

She laughed a sickly-cold laugh, “Who am I? I’m the wife of the man you killed last night.”

Mikey’s eyes went wide, “What are you talking about? I didn’t kill anyone….I-I was in an accident.”

“That you caused!” She walked over to the side of the bed, she showed Mikey a picture of a man with brown hair holding a small girl in his arms, “This is Adam; he’s the man you murdered last night! That little girl will grow up with no father because of you.”

Mikey shook his head, “No…no...I-I didn’t kill anyone. I can’t remember…I can’t remember.”

The woman look at Mikey with venomous eyes, “I heard you can’t walk…you can’t remember the last five years. Good. You deserve to go to hell. You should be dead; you should be the one being put in the ground not Adam.”
    Mikey felt tears well in his eyes, “Ma’am I’m so sorry…but it was an accident. I wish it was him that was alive. I’m so sorry.”

The woman looked Mikey up and down, “You’re not sorry…why would you be sorry? You’re alive and healing.”

Mikey heard the door opened again, Gerard and Alicia stop, “Excuse me? Who are you and why are you talking to my brother?”

“You’re the murders brother? Aren’t you proud of him?” She snapped.

Alicia gasped, “How dare you! You have no idea what he’s been through! It was an accident! How dare you come in here and call him a murderer! You have no f**king idea!” Alicia shouted.

“He’s the monster that took my husband!” The women screamed back,

“Because of him I have to raise my daughter on my own! Because of him I have to plan a funeral!”

Mikey covered his ears in an attempt to shut out the screams, when that didn't work he also squeezed his eyes shut. Gerard rushed over to Mikey and wrapped his arms around him as if to protect him.

Alicia looked at the woman, “I am so sorry for your loss, I really am…but you need to leave, before I call security.”

The woman shot one last glare at Mikey before pushing past Alicia and out the door. She could see Gerard whispering words into Mikey’s ear; Mikey slowly lowered his hands and looked into Gerard’s eyes.

“Did I really kill that man?” Mikey asked his voice shaky.

“Mikey it was an accident, you didn’t see him and he didn’t see you until it was too late. No one is at fault here. It was just a tragic accident.” Gerard stated trying to calm his brother down.

Alicia looked down at her stomach, she was still wondering if she should tell
    Mikey about the baby again. She had been given a second chance and she didn't want to waste it. But she knew Mikey would have to be told about that night. He would have to relive everything, and this scared her. She had no idea on how he’d take it, would he leave her? Would he not talk to her? Alicia sighed, how one person supposed to tell another something like that? How would she tell him? After thinking it over for a few moments she decided it could wait until he was at least out of the hospital.

2. kadoodle

kadoodle crazy cat lady Staff Member

I can't even begin to think how intense this is. Amazing work x x x

3. Chemical 30

Chapter 15

Mikey struggled to fall asleep that night; he could hear the soft snores of Gerard who was sitting in the armchair next to the bed. Both Mikey and Gerard had insisted on Alicia going to sleep at a hotel close by. Gerard mentioned something about the condition she was in, but when Mikey asked about it they had quickly changed the subject. For the past two hours Mikey had been trying to move his toes, but nothing seemed to work, the message from his brain to his feet just wasn’t delivering.

Mikey let out a long sigh, he lifted his and to his head and felt the smooth bandage underneath his fingertips. He could trace the stitches that went along the side of his head. 152 stitches the doctors told him and that was the head injury alone. Mikey wanted to remember how he got into the accident, or why he was in Nevada in the first place. The only things he could slightly remember about that night were bright lights and then cold rain hitting his face. Mikey decided to give up on sleep and turned on the television.

He turned it to channel where they ran non-stop music videos and turned the volume down low so he wouldn’t wake Gerard. After about thirty minutes of watching a video came on and it showed a trans-am driving down a long white tunnel. The music started, “Sing it out, boy you’ve got to see what tomorrow brings…” Then he saw his brother, Frank, Ray and himself. Mikey couldn’t remember the song; he couldn’t remember that they’d released a new album.

“It’s called Sing; it was our second single off our newest album Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.” Mikey heard Gerard mutter sleepily.

Mikey looked over to his brother and saw that he was rubbing his eyes, “When did we release a new album?” he asked.

“November 22, 2010. We had waited nearly four years after The Black Parade.” Gerard informed.

Mikey bit his lip trying to recall anything that Gerard was saying, “I can’t remember.” He mumbled.

“You will with time Mikey, you just have to be patient; Just like you’re going to walk again. With time.” Gerard patted Mikey’s hand softly.

“What happened? In the accident I mean?” Mikey asked.

Gerard sighed, “You were trying to turn around and the other car didn’t see you and you didn’t see him until it was too late. He hit your side of the car going sixty miles an hour. Your car flipped a couple times before stopping. It’s a miracle you survived Mikey.” Gerard smiled weakly.

“You call this a miracle? I can’t remember the past five years. I can’t remember Alicia and I’s wedding. I can’t remember that you and Frank had children. I can’t remember we made a new album. Plus I’m most likely never going to leave a wheelchair. If I have a daughter I won’t be able to walk her down the aisle. I won’t be able to play concerts anymore. My life is ruined Gerard. This is not a miracle, this is hell.” Mikey stated tears falling from his eyes.

“You might think that, but your life is far from ruined. You still have a loving wife. You have friends that support you; and a brother that if he had the chance to he would trade places with you in a heartbeat. Mikey you may believe your life is ruined but try a think about all the people that are here to help you through this. We aren’t going to leave your side Mikey. We’re going to be here supporting you in whatever you want to do with your life.” Gerard stated as Mikey stared at his brother, he tried to come up with something to say back but couldn’t.

“I’m scared Gee; I don’t know what’s real anymore.” Mikey cried.

“I know Mikey, but trust me when I say this. I’m not going anywhere until you get your life back okay?” Gerard gripped Mikey’s hand tightly.

Mikey nodded, “Okay, I love you Gerard.”

“I love you too Mikey, never forget that.” Gerard kissed Mikey’s forehead and started to hum a song until his baby brother fell asleep.

I know it's short but I think some brother love was needed haha

4. kadoodle

Oh f**k. So beautifully written but the pain poor Mikey's going through :(

5. Chemical 30

Chapter 16

Hours turned into days and days turned into weeks. Soon Mikey had been sitting in that same hospital bed for three weeks. The nurses had been checking daily for bed sores, Mikey could already notice that his calf muscles were deteriorating. Mikey’s memory was still not returning to him, Alicia and Gerard were telling him things praying that something would sound familiar.

It was a sunny afternoon when a doctor in her long white coat walked in with a clipboard in her hand. “Hello Mikey, how are you feeling?” She asked.

“I’m okay, the cut is itching though,” Mikey mumbled, they had just removed Mikey’s stitches on his head, his hair already nearly covering it completely.

“That’s very common, it’s because it’s healing.” She reported, “Anyway the reason I came by was to tell you that you are being released today.”

Alicia gasped and Mikey stared at the doctor in disbelief. “Really? There aren’t any more tests to run?” Mikey asked.

“No, well not here, I have already scheduled your first physical therapy appointment back in Los Angeles.” She smiled; Gerard felt his heart skip a beat. They were going home. Alicia couldn’t help but smile at the fantastic news. Mikey, on the other hand, was not as thrilled. He was scared; he couldn’t remember what home was, or where it was. Last place he recalled living was his apartment in New Jersey. He was terrified to see his friends again, he didn’t know if he could handle this. The doctor said a few more things; Mikey hoped Gerard and Alicia were listening because he didn’t hear a word.

“…Mikey? Darling did you hear that?” Alicia asked snapping Mikey back into reality.

“What? About me going home yes.” Mikey nodded.

“Isn’t that good news? You don’t look to happy.” Alicia stated looking down at her
    husband.

“No it’s fantastic news. I can’t wait to leave.” Mikey lied and flashed a smile so Alicia would believe him.

Within a few hours Mikey was sitting in a wheelchair outside the hospital’s front doors. Alicia gripped the handlebars tightly; she put on the breaks when she saw Gerard pull up to the curb. She wonder how exactly they were going to get Mikey into the front seat, that was until Gerard effortlessly picked up his little brother and gently set him in the seat.

Alicia looked at Gerard in surprise, “Have you been working out or what?”

Gerard shrugged and folded Mikey’s wheel chair, “A little but Mikey isn’t that heavy never has been. I’ve always been able to lift him.” He opened the trunk and threw the wheelchair in it.

After everyone was buckled, Gerard drove away from the hospital he glanced over at his baby brother and noticed his hands were shaky.

“You okay?” Gerard asked.

“Yeah, fine.” Mikey muttered not tearing his gaze away from the window. Gerard knew his brother was not fine, he knew that something was wrong but he decided not to push the matter. Instead he shrugged and turned on the radio.

The sun was beginning to set just as they passed the Los Angeles County limits. Mikey could feel his heart beating fast; he clenched his fist tightly in order to stop them from shaking. Mikey closed his eyes when Gerard pulled up to a tan two story building. Three cars were parked in the driveway that he presumed belonged to his friends. Gerard unloaded Mikey into his wheelchair and let Alicia push her husband up to the front door.

Gerard opened the door and Alicia wheeled Mikey inside. “SURPRISE!” Several people shouted from the inside of the home. Mikey grinned as he recognized the familiar faces of Ray, Frank, Lindsay and Jamia. But the three children he did not remember. One smiled up at him and shouted.

“Uncle Mikey! You’re okay!” Bandit giggled and ran up to Mikey; Lindsay tried to stop her but didn’t reach her in time. Mikey smirked, picked up his niece and set her down on his lap.

“Yeah I’m okay,” He stated.
    The party went on, Mikey had received several hugs and “Glad your okay”. And was currently talking to Ray and Frank.

Gerard watched Mikey closely, “Do you think he’s going to be okay?” He asked Lindsay.
    “He’s a fighter Gerard, he’ll be alright.” She muttered.

“Do you think Alicia should tell him about what happened? That she’s pregnant?” Gerard questioned.

“It would be wrong not too. Having him think that it’s his baby would be cruel he deserves to know.” Lindsay answered.

Gerard nodded, “Yeah but he’ll have to go through that all over again. The same feelings, the same pain.”

“Like I said Gerard, Mikey’s a fighter. He’ll pull through this.” Lindsay smiled and kissed her husband’s cheek. “Our job is to just be there and support him. Just like we’ve always
    done.”

6. kadoodle

Oh my goodness :(

I love how Bandit made him smile and how you ended this chapter on a high, but OMG, where to from here?!

7. I realllllly like this, it's so different. It's really well written, the emotions just hit me in the face. I'm hooked. Poor Mikey..Poor Alicia.. Hopefully things will start to get better for everyone.

8. Chemical 30

Chapter 17

The party went for another few hours, that was, until all the little kids started to fall asleep. Frank, Jamia and their children were the first to leave, next was Ray and Christa, finally Gerard scooped Bandit into his arms and started to head out the door.

“Gerard!” Mikey called, Gerard turned around to face his brother. “Thank you…for everything.”

Gerard smiled, “No problem Mikes, that’s what are brothers for.”

Lindsay kissed Mikey’s forehead and muttered, “I’m glad you’re home.” Alicia and Mikey watched them walk out the door and drive away.

Alicia sighed, she looked around their home. So many memories had happened here and Mikey couldn’t remember any of them. Suddenly she remembered that their bedroom was on the second floor. There was no way Mikey could get up the stairs. She bit her lip and decided that they would just have to change bedrooms; luckily the guest room was on the first floor. Alicia grabbed the things from the upstairs bedroom, handed them to Mikey who took them to their new room. It took longer than Alicia had anticipated and by ten o’clock both Mikey and Alicia were exhausted. Alicia quickly got changed into her sleep clothes and turned to her husband who was struggling to get his jeans off. His cheeks flushed red when he noticed his wife looking at him with pitiful eyes. She walked over to him and kneeled down.

“Here, let me help you.” She smiled, before easily slipping off the jeans and putting on a pair of sleep pants.

“Thank you,” Mikey muttered. Alicia just nodded and helped Mikey get onto the bed. He looped one arm around her shoulders and then he gripped the bedside table. Eventually he was lying down on the bed.

He sighed in frustration. He hated this; he’d rather be dead than have to rely on others to live. He hated the fact that he couldn’t do something as simple as take off his jeans, or get onto the bed. He’d have to relearn how to do everything he once thought was easy.

Alicia laid down next to her husband, she ran a hand through his hair, he looked over at her and weakly smiled. “Thank you Alicia, for everything.”

“It’s really no problem Mikey, through sickness and in health remember?” Alicia grinned and kissed her husband.

Mikey sighed, “Yeah I remember, but when we got married I’m pretty sure you never thought you’d have to take care of me because I’m in a f**king wheelchair.”

“Mikey, sweetie, I love you more than words can describe. I’m always going to be here;
    no matter what.” Alicia stated her tone serious.

Mikey shook his head, “You deserve so much better than this,” He stated, “You deserve someone that can protect you, someone that can who can remember their own wedding for Christ’s sake!”

Alicia felt tears well in her eyes, “I know everything seems so f**ked up right now, but they’re going to get better. I know you don’t believe that right now. But things will get better…I promise.”

*******************​

Weeks passed and Mikey had been to several Physical Therapy appointments and he’d started to regain some feeling in his toes. The doctor seemed to think that this was a positive sign, that with time, Mikey would gain the ability to walk again. But as for his memory…he still couldn’t remember a thing about the last five years.

Alicia still hadn’t told her husband about the baby; or about the attack. She’d bought bigger shirts to hide her enlarging stomach. Mikey hadn’t noticed which Alicia was extremely thankful for. Currently she sat in Gerard and Lindsay’s kitchen; the boys had gone out for the day, claiming that they needed some quality time together. Alicia was happy about this because she desperately needed to talk to Lindsay.

“Mommy, can I go watch some TV?” Bandit asked, Lindsay looked down at her daughter and smiled.

“Of course baby, just stay in the living room so I can see you alright?” Lindsay stated.

“Okay, I love you mommy.” Bandit giggled and gave her mother a tight hug
    before running off into the living room.

Alicia sighed and placed her hands on her stomach, half of her wanted to keep the baby but the other half knew that she should give it up for adoption.

Lindsay looked at Alicia and sighed, “How are things with you and Mikey?”

“They’re good; I think he’s anxious about getting out of that damn wheelchair though.” Alicia answered.

“Alicia you know you’re going to have to tell him. He cannot believe that, that baby is his. It’d be cruel. I know you’re scared and you have every right to be. But He has to be told eventually.” Lindsay said Alicia looked up at her friend.

“You’re right. I-I just can’t bring myself to tell him. I mean look at what happened last time I told him.” Alicia stated, “I’ve been given a second chance. I don’t want to waste it. I think part of me just hopes that he remembers on his own.”

Lindsay ran her hand through her hair, “Let’s face it; he hasn’t regained any of his memory. All of us have tried to spark somewhat of a spark but there is nothing. I’m sorry Alicia, but I really don’t think he’s ever going to regain those memories.”

“I know, I’ve been thinking the same thing. I just…I have no clue about how I’m supposed to tell him.” Alicia confessed.

“Hun, just be honest. That’s all you can do.” Lindsay craned her neck to check to make sure Bandit was okay, when she saw that she was Lindsay turned her attention back to Alicia. “I’ll talk to Gerard tonight. Maybe we can all tell him together? That way you don’t have to tell him alone.”

Alicia smiled slightly, “I’d appreciate that. Thank you Lindsay.”

*******************​

“But Daddy I don’t want to go to bed. I’m not sleepy!” Bandit pouted,
    crossing her arms over her chest.

Gerard chuckled softly, “Sorry B, but it’s time for bed. Now come lay down.”

“No. I’m not sleepy Daddy.” Bandit stood by the door.

“Don’t make me come get you.” Gerard smiled playfully. When Bandit didn’t move, Gerard quickly ran over to his daughter and picked her up. Bandit giggled hysterically as Gerard carried her across the room. He gently set her down on the bed and pulled the covers over her small body.

“But Daddy I want to stay up with you!” Bandit stated trying to pull away the blankets. Gerard smiled at his stubborn little girl.

“How about I sing you a song?” Gerard asked.

“Yeah!” Bandit exclaimed gleefully. Gerard began to sing his daughter a soft lullaby and within a few minutes she fell asleep. Gerard finished up the song and kissed Bandit’s forehead gingerly. He quietly walked over to the door and shut the light off before shutting the door.

He walked into his bedroom where Lindsay was already in bed. “Was she being stubborn again?” She asked a smile on her face.

“She’s always is.” Gerard grinned. Gerard slid in next to his wife and kissed her lips.

“I was talking to Alicia today while you were out with the boys.” Lindsay started.

“What were you talking about?”

“Well, both she and I think it’s time we tell Mikey about what happened.” Lindsay stated.

Gerard sighed, “I’ve been thinking that too, but he’s finally becoming himself again. I’d hate to ruin that.”

“I know baby, but we can’t keep him in the dark for much longer. Sooner or later he’s going to find out that Alicia’s pregnant. We can’t let him believe that, that baby is his.” Lindsay said.

Gerard nodded, “Alright, how about we give him one more week to see if his memory returns, and if not. Then we will tell him.”

A/N: I know its been a long time since I updated but here ya go! A brand new chapter! And I also know that Mikey and Alicia are (supposedly) split up but this is a work of fiction so they will remain together :)

9. kadoodle

Oh crap, how would you even begin to break news like that to someone? I love this story and I'm so glad you've brought it out of hiatus.

10. Chemical 30

Chapter 18

The week went by faster than anyone would have hoped. Mikey had been able to move his toes a little and the doctor was saying that he should be able to move his legs within a few months. Gerard and Lindsay had invited everybody over for dinner that evening. Mikey just thought that it was a friendly get-together, but Alicia knew the real reason and she was scared. She was scared at how Mikey would react, how they were even supposed to tell him what had happened.

Alicia helped Mikey finish getting ready and got him loaded in the car before driving toward Gerard and Lindsay’s home. The drive was silent, Alicia chewed on her lip nervously, and she occasionally glanced over at her husband who stared out the window in blissful ignorance. Alicia sighed and turned on the radio to occupy her mind. Within twenty minutes they pulled up alongside the curb and stopped the car. Alicia let out a deep breath and got out of the car. She unfolded Mikey’s wheelchair and pushed it in front of the passenger door. Mikey opened the door and with the help of Alicia got seated into his chair. Alicia began to push him up the driveway and to the front door.

She was about to knock but the door opened and Gerard appeared in front of them. He looked just as stressed as Alicia felt. He smiled softly, “Everyone is out back.”

Alicia followed Gerard outside; Bandit saw her uncle and smiled, “Uncle Mikey!” She ran up to him and jumped up on his lap. “Uncle Mikey are you ever going to walk again?”
    Everybody gasped and looked at Mikey, he smiled before saying.

“Well I hope so; the doctor said I should be able too. We will just have to see how everything goes.” Mikey answered, Bandit nodded not quite understanding.

Gerard grabbed Alicia’s arm and towed her away from the crowd, “Everybody agreed that we should tell him after we eat. We didn’t want to ruin the night for him.” He stated.

Alicia nodded, “That sounds good….” She looked up at her brother-in-law, “Oh God Gee, how are we going to tell him? He’s been so happy lately. I-I don’t want to ruin that.”

Gerard wrapped his arms around her, “I don’t know…but we have to do it. It’s only fair.”
    Alicia nodded and took a deep breath in order to calm herself down. Gerard and Alicia returned to the party and laughed along with everybody else. After dinner was served, everybody ate in a tense silence. Knowing that within a few moments they would turn their friend’s life upside down once again.

When the dishes were finished and put away everyone went back inside. Lindsay told Bandit to take Cherry and Lily up to her room to play. Bandit listened eagerly and grabbed both the twins’ hands and led them upstairs. Once Lindsay heard the door shut she sat down next to her husband. Everyone sat in the living room, looking down at their hands with sullen expressions.

Mikey noticed his friend’s weird behavior, “What’s going on?” He asked.

Gerard took a deep breath, “Mikey there’s something you need to know. We’ve been putting off telling you because we we’re hoping you’d remember on your own.”

Mikey furrowed his brows, “What is it?”

Alicia bit her lip, “Baby…a few months ago, about a week before Thanksgiving…w-we went to Gerard’s art show. He’d been planning it for some time and he gave you a piece of art.” Alicia stopped hoping that something might spark her husband’s memory.
    Mikey shook his head, “I can’t remember that…y-you know I can’t.”

“I know…I know. Well after the show on the way back to the car we were attacked by a group of men. We were outnumbered, but you fought so hard baby. You fought to protect me.”

Mikey looked up at Gerard hoping that his brother would tell him that this wasn’t true, but Gerard simply nodded his head saying that it was. Alicia continued on, “They kept kicking you…they kicked you so hard. But then they stopped…they brought you to your knees and made you look at me. The leader of the group came over to me…h-he pulled down my pants.”

“No…” Mikey whispered, “No t-that didn’t happen.”

Everybody in the room was silent. This was the first time they had heard what exactly had happened as well. Gerard felt anger boil in the pit of his stomach upon hearing what they had to go through.

Alicia nodded, “It did happen. You screamed at them to stop. You tried to get free but they didn’t stop. A-after they were done with me…t-they stabbed you.” Alicia felt tears run down her cheeks, “I-I screamed for someone to help us, you had passed out from the amount of blood you lost. Finally somebody must’ve called 9-1-1.”

Mikey looked around the room, begging for somebody to say that this was all a bad joke. But nobody did, they all looked down, avoiding his gaze. “Y-you were raped?” He breathed out.

Alicia nodded her head slowly, “Yes,”

“And I couldn’t stop them?” Mikey looked down at his lap.

“You tried baby, you did everything you could.” Alicia urged.

“Mikes you almost died trying to protect her. You were outnumbered.” Frank stated, his eyes pleading Mikey to understand.

“There’s something else.” Alicia whispered.

Mikey looked up at her, “What else could there possibly be?”

Alicia looked at Lindsay who nodded, “Mikey…I’m pregnant. I-It’s not your baby. It’s one of the men’s who assaulted me.”

Mikey’s eyes widened, “No…no. Please tell me that’s not true. Please.”

More tears fell down Alicia’s cheeks as she choked out, “I’m so sorry that I haven’t told you. I didn’t know how you’d react this time.”

“This time?” Mikey muttered.

Gerard nodded, “When she told you last time you got really upset, I-I mean you had a right to be upset, but you left. We couldn’t get a hold of you. You wouldn’t pick up your phone. That was the night you got in the accident. The night you lost your memory.”

Mikey didn’t say anything. He continued to look down at his lap, his fingers mindlessly reached up to the scar on the side of his head. He could feel its ragged bump; he felt tears burn in his eyes.

“And all of you guys knew about this?” He stated quietly.

All of them nodded, but Ray spoke out this time, “Yes we all knew, but Mikey you got to understand that we didn’t want to hinder your progress. We hoped that you might remember on your own.”

Mikey shook his head, “I-I need some air.”

Gerard nodded and started to get up to push his brother outside but Mikey held his hand up to stop him, “I can do it.” Mikey stated through clenched teeth.

Mikey grabbed the wheels and began to push himself outside. Gerard stayed standing, he stared after his brother. Alicia wiped away her tears; Lindsay wrapped an arm around
    her. “We did the right thing.”

“Then why do I feel like I just ruined him. Why do I feel so awful?” Alicia whispered.

11. kadoodle

Oh f**king Christ, that was intense. Poor Alicia, what a thing to have to tell the man you love. I honestly don't know how she's holding it together, what a strong, strong woman. How is Mikey going to recover from this - is he going to be able to recover? Holy hell, what a maelstrom.