Uncomfortably Numb

Discussion in 'Completed Fan Fictions' started by MarieArt, Apr 9, 2012.

1. kadoodle

kadoodle crazy cat lady Staff Member

Holidays!

Well jealous, looking forward to your next update now that you'll have time to lounge on the beach and chill ;)

2. MarieArt

MarieArt Champion of Losers

Haha, I actually am going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in a few Weeks, so possibly the week of May 19th - 26th (I think) won't have any update. If there are, they will be SHORT because it'll be from my cell phone or Vizio tablet.

3. MarieArt

Chp 5

That night, I took a long walk. The stars and half moon illuminated the sky just enough for the street to be visible; teenagers liked to throw rocks at the street lamps, so most of them did not work. Momentarily, I couldn’t figure out where my feet had taken me, but when I finally realized how far I had drifted off to, I spun around on my heels to make my way back. Buses didn’t run this late at night and finding a taxi would be impossible. “Why did I have to wander to the other side of town?”

“Hey baby,” a slurred voice stammered. A hand reached out and grasped my arm. “Where’re you headin’?”

“Nowhere you’re heading,” I spat jerking my arm out of his grasp.

“Oh c’mon, baby,” he cooed stepping into the light revealing a petite man with ragged hair and worn out clothes. “Please, amuse me.”

“Get away from me,” I spat again, slapping his face. “Don’t f**king touch me.”

“Oh, sassy,” he exclaimed wrapping his arms around me from behind. “I like ‘em sassy.”

I wriggled around trying to get out of his arms which were now wound tight around my arms and upper torso, “Please, let me go. I don’t have money!”

“I don’t want your money; I want company.”

“You don’t want my company!” I shrieked.

“Hey! Let her go!” a voice called out jerking me out of the perverts grip. “How many times do I have to tell you? Sober the f**k up or get out of here.”

“Eh, I’m the town drunk; why ruin my reputation?” the man snorted backing off. “But you can have ‘er. She’s rude.”

“Rude?!” I stepped towards him with my fist drawing back.

“Let it go,” my savior stated placing his arm in front of me. I followed his arm up to his face and my heart sank.

“Gerard?” I almost didn’t recognize him. I had forgotten about his blond hair, along with different clothes instead of his usual old, rugged t-shirt and jeans.

“Aubrey?”

“Aw, look. I reunited love-birds,” the drunk slurred backing off. “I let you have’er.”

“Come on, he’s a pest,” Gerard stated wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“Where have you been?” I asked abruptly.

He stopped suddenly and cleared his throat. “It’s… Complicated. Let’s get up to my apartment and I’ll try to explain.”
    Sorry it took me so long; my grandmother had part of her lung removed so between doing my father's treatments, I've been keeping up with her. This is the first time I've been on my laptop in several days; I've been using my cell phone.

4. kadoodle

That was a lovely update, it was great how Gerard rescued Aubrey - have I told you that I love that name? - and took charge.

I'm glad your gran is on the mend, you must be so busy with your dad too. I don't know how you do it!

5. MarieArt

I don't know either. Haha. They're coming home tonight, so things should be back to normal shortly; grandma exceeded their expectations. They said at least a week if not longer and Friday will make a week, and she's coming home tonight. My grandma is invincible.One more day and I would've gone bonkers (on being home with dad and not being able to see her).

And I love the name too. I fell in love with the names Audrey and Aubrey in high school. Hopefully I one day have a little girl and I shall name her Audrey or Aubrey. Haha

AND I shall update in a few days. :)

6. Chemical 30

Chemical 30 Just 'That' Girl

Yay Gerard for being the life saver ahah
    Also I'd like to where he's been too ;)
    Great chapter!

7. MarieArt

chp 6

“The sky is beautiful, but the people are sad. I just need someone who won’t run away.” –Unknown
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Upon entering his apartment, an uneasy feeling overwhelmed me; the filthy building did not look that much better on the inside. Nonetheless, his apartment was broken down with several holes on the wall in the kitchenette, among other things. Besides that, Gerard kept it picked up and as ‘clean’ as it could be in that condition. He waved for me to sit down on the fold out chair near the window in the living room.

“Do you want the short and sweet version?” he asked handing me a small tea cup. “Or do you want to know the entire thing? Uh, tea or coffee?”

“Tea, please,” I muttered watching him place a small tea bag in my cup. “Earl Grey is all I have, sweetheart.” He poured hot water into my cup. “Sugar?”

“Yes, please,” I stated watching him sort through his thoughts. “Long or short version; whichever one is easier for you to tell, honey.”

“You want honey?” he peered over the counter.

“No, I was calling you honey.”

“Oh, but I’ll tell you the short version then explain if it confuses you,” he stammered bringing a packet of sugar to me. He seated himself on the floor a few feet away from me. “Well, for starters I left for personal reasons; I felt like I was not good enough for anyone and felt as if I was better off alone. I liked being alone for a while. Now, I haven’t been happy for a few weeks… As you can see,” he began pointing at a pile of beer and liquor bottles in the corner, then resumed, “I’ve been trying to drink away my sorrows, but it’s just not working for me anymore. Then I made temporary friends with that Pest roaming the streets.”

“Temporary?”

“Friendship lasted a week. Just say he tried to get me to do things saying it was for my best,” he murmured resting his elbow on his knees.”I’m not too proud of things I did that week…”

“Things?”

Things I’m not proud of, therefore I will not speak of,” he stated gawking at me like I asked him about the nitty-gritty things he did with his ex-girlfriends. “That’s the bottom line.”

“I could go ask Pest the Perv.”

“Shut the f**k up, Aubrey,” he exclaimed. “It’ll take me some time before…”

“Drugs?”

“I wish that was the only thing.”

“What?! You did drugs?!”

“Shut up!” he shouted. “You don’t need to yell poop like that; I only tried a few. It’s the things I did while experimenting with them are the things I don’t want to talk about right now, especially with you.”

“Did you do stuff with him?”

“Not him; other people,” he stated. “I feel like God was punishing me or something.” He pulled his knees in to meet his chest.

“Why would God find the need to punish you?”

“For being stupid, but hey, why would he try to find the time to punish me when he never had anything to do with me in the first place?” he muttered rubbing his face.

8. Chemical 30

Oh Gerard what did you do?
    Great chapter can't wait for more

9. Oh god, what have you done Gee? Oh lord.

I'm glad your gran is a little better! I worry so much about my grand parents, and you even managed two chapters! Bravo.

10. MarieArt

Thanks. My grandma is amazing. Her doctor told me he has looked for cancer on her for years and never could find it until a few months ago. Shes a lot better today than she was when she came home, just sore.

Hopefully I can get another update or two before we go on vacation, if we're still going.

11. kadoodle

So glad she's on the mend :)

Looking forward to your next update.

12. Stefff

Stefff New Member

Sorry not been reading, had stuff personal going off :'/ I'm surprised at this though and I'm really interested! Keep it up xxx

13. I absolutely love it! I wish the chapters were a bit longer though, but other than that it's more than amazing.

I like how you're folding the story and everything open slowly. I like how we didn't really know anything about the characters in the beginning & how it was a bit confusing, but that makes me want to know more.

Their relationship is difficult, but it's interesting. It's also something really common & I've been through a situation like that as well. Makes it feel more personal and everything, you know.

Your writing is great! The chapters are quite short, but I still get so many pictures in my head. I can't even describe what it is exactly that I like so much, as I haven't figured it out, yet.. But yeah, it's kind of special and feels different.

Excited and looking forwards more!
    Ursula

14. MarieArt

Thank you, Ursula!

I like to keep my readers guessing about certain aspects of the characters until the story commences to truly unfold or take a drastic turn. This story is actually based on a true story about me and one of my ex-boyfriends (of course I am not in my mid-upper twenties and do not have my own place). I'll also try to make my updates a little bit longer now that my life has calmed down a tad; my father's kidney dialysis and my grandmother is on the mend. :) All is pretty good in my world.

I'll work on an update tonight and hopefully have a longer one up by tomorrow. I've been in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina from the 19th until late last night, so I have not had the chance to update.

x//o

15. kadoodle

So glad things are coming good and looking forward to an update.

Based on a true store? Wow...

16. I think the fact it's based on real life makes this story even more awesome and of course real. I repeat that I love it a lot and I can't wait for an update!!!!!!!!!!!

Ursula

17. MarieArt

Chp 7

“I got a reason to think I am more than just a vessel” –Spencer Bell-
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    “Who are you?” I murmured standing up from the rusted old chair. “I’ve got to get back home.” I started towards the door and he gently grasped my arm. “Gerard… You’re talking out of your head.”

“Please, stay. Pest will be waiting on you and I do not want something like that get a hold of you,” he begged with pleading eyes. “Aubrey, you’re the only friend I’ve ever had and if you walk out on me now… I don’t know what I’ll do.”

Standing there, I stared at his emotional face. I saw sadness, regret, and without a doubt honesty. “You’ve changed.” I jerked my arm out of his grasped and walked towards the door.

“Please,” he begged. “I’m still the same butthole that left eight weeks and five days ago.”

I crossed my arms and leaned against the division wall, “One night. If you cannot convince me you’re the same guy I’ve been friends with for hell and ever, I’m gone.”

He stood up and walked towards me, “Thank you. I’ve just been desensitized.” He tried to wrap his arms around me and I stopped him. “What?” his voice crackled.

“I don’t hug.” I stated shaking my finger at him and dusted some cigarette ashes off of his shirt then flattened a wrinkled area, “Square one.” I put out my hand and he reluctantly took it, “Hi, I’m Aubrey. You need to remind yourself you are more than just a vessel wandering this planet alone. There are six-billion plus people on this Earth and I’m pretty sure that a lot of them have gone through more than you have, and you’re sitting here in this apartment drinking upon other things because you can’t grow the balls to tell me you love me!” I grew silent once I realized what had escaped my own mouth.

“What?” Gerard muttered. “Have you been talking to Frank?”

“Yes, what’s wrong with him? He’s the only friend I have who actually makes f**king sense anymore!” I stepped towards him. I cleared my throat and in a more calm voice asked, “Do you?”

“Do I what?”

I could see tears lingering in his eyes, “Love me?”

18. kadoodle

They have to!!

Love the update x x x

19. BEAUTIFUL! Very emotional and beautiful - that's what it was & I absolutely adored it and the whole story in general.

I like how Gerard has changed, but you haven't really given away how and what he did during those 2 months he was gone.

It's very very awesome & I can't wait for a new update!
    Ursula

20. Chemical 30

Oh dear hah
    Gerard you dug this grave yourself ;)