Tattoos

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by Manda, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Mattie990

Mattie990 New Member

will upload mine :) tomorrow hopely :D

2. MarieArt

MarieArt Champion of Losers

I realized I never posted a picture of my most recent tattoo. I got it December 29th. I don't have a recent picture, but here it is. The shiny spot conceals a piece of paper and ink jars. The ribbon is the lung cancer awareness ribbon for my grandma:

[​IMG]
    It looks pretty ehhh in this picture, but it healed up wonderfully.

3. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

^ It's so beautiful, and thoughtful! <3

4. MarieArt

Thank you :wub:
    My grandma didn't realize it was the lung cancer ribbon until my uncle pointed it out. That lady about ripped my shirt off, "What?! You got the ribbon for me?!" I love my granny :) It also marked the 4th month "anniversary" (for the lack of a better way of putting it) of my last cigarette and the day her doctor told her she was in remission.

5. Mattie990

Mattie990 New Member

:D hehe mine

6. SingitforJodie

SingitforJodie New Member

I have four :) "sing it from the heart" with a tiny Red heart on my left wrist, The three cheers for sweet revenge boy and girl on my feet, the boy on my right and the girl on my left, Bows on my collar bones and a flower pattern with "we accept the love we think we deserve" on my right rib :D

7. Stooksss

Stooksss Active Member

Here's my latest one. Reppin' HP!

8. Eliza

Eliza Active Member

[​IMG]
    Got this last week!

9. Angila

Angila InkGirl. Staff Member

^Eliza!!! Aww miss you honey. And I love it!

10. MarieArt

[​IMG]
    Here's a not so shiny picture from a few weeks ago.

11. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

Ok, so guys, I'm getting a tattoo on my thigh next week. I have some scars there; is that likely to be an issue? I didn't bring it up when I made the appointment because I didn't even think about it, but yeah. They are tiny -- not raised or anything, the skin is just discoloured, I guess -- and it's going to be linework with no shading. I know you can tattoo over scars, but do you reckon it'll be alright, or is it likely to cause a fuss?

12. Thumbelina

Ok, so s'cuse the double post, but I had my tattoo done yesterday; I've followed all the instructions but I'm a bit worried some bits have bled (not blood bled, but the ink has bled from where it should be bled)? I don't know. Should I wait for it to settle a bit and then worry? I mean, I rinsed it after three hours, as per instruction, and then re-cling-filmed it until this morning; last night before I went to bed, it was pretty messy but I left it alone -- was that a bad call? This is by far the biggest tattoo I've ever had so I don't really know.

13. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

Were you told to put cling film back on it? If not, then don't do that. Take the film off, rinse with soap and warm water.
    Cover it in a topical ointment from time to time; I've always used Aquaphor, some shops recommend, (and sell,) H2Ocean, which is okay (but I prefer the Aquaphor.) I went to a shop once that recommended cocoa butter, and that was the worst. Don't use that. I've noticed, more with big pieces than small ones, that yeah, it does look like the tattoo colour is bleeding out, but that's normal. just wash it/put the ointment on, and keep it uncovered.

14. Thumbelina

Ok, awesome, that was my plan. I have bepanthen (which is a nappy cream, which is what every studio I've been to has told me to use) and have been putting that on; it's unclingfilmed and I'm wearing loose trousers; but that's good to know. Thank you!!

15. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

I used bepanthen on my large arm piece as well. It's a very nice ointment which promotes the healing procecss.

Oh! And if you feel comfortable, I'd like to see a photo of what you got! :)

16. Thumbelina

Yeah, sure!
    [​IMG]

17. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

I like it! I love how the lines are thicker than 'normal' lines. The artist used the curves of your legs very well.
    Really nice tattoo!

18. kadoodle

kadoodle crazy cat lady Staff Member

That's awesome. How long did it take?

19. Thumbelina

Thanks, guys! I'm really pleased with it; I was a bit worried at the start, but I really like how it's turned out. It took about an hour and a half -- maybe a bit longer, but he kept having fag breaks/giving breaks so the skin could 'settle down' a bit? (Don't know if that's a thing, but that's what he kept saying).

20. Thumbelina

Ok, so I want to get a (super hilarious) tattoo and I've drawn it up quite shittily in paint; is there anyone who'd like to sort of, tidy it up for me/make it look actually good? I have no idea if any of you would/could do it, but I really don't want to walk into the shop with my shitty little paint artwork.