Tattoos

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by Manda, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Angila

Angila InkGirl. Staff Member

I'm in serious need of new ink. I found a piece I absolutely lovelovelove, but I'm going to guess it to be at least $500. That's $500 more than I currently have, so yeah. It's sooo pretty though, an upper arm flower piece. Want. :/

Shawna, that's adorable, I love it! Maybe get the owl somewhere that can be hidden, back, upper arm, leg, foot...just in case you don't want to mess up the future job.

2. MarieArt

MarieArt Champion of Losers

I do remember seeing a few workers that had some smaller tattoos on their wrists, but I haven't seen anyone with larger tattoos. So, they probably don't care about tattoos as long as I'm not covered.

And thanks Angila :) I've often debated on getting an owl on my foot (I have a sparrow on my right foot). I kind of want to keep a "normal" foot. Haha. But the idea crosses my mind every now and then. AND I've seen some beautiful flower pieces on girls' arms. A girl that works at a tattoo shop a few minutes from where I live has a sleeve of flowers and it's gorgeous.

3. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

MarieArt, I really enjoy the font that was used/you chose for your wrist tattoo; so lovely <3

4. PunkRockFlowerChild

PunkRockFlowerChild New Member

So I'm getting a new tattoo in a few weeks... Wings on my shoulders. Which I know a lot of people consider that a cliche sort of design, but mine are mockingbird wings (I drew them myself, since mockingbird wing tattoo flash does NOT exist) and they're based on a) my love for mockingbirds and b) the whole symbolic bit in To Kill A Mockingbird, one of my favorite books, which is that mockingbirds are like... innocent sorta creatures minding their own business and all, who eventually are corrupted by outside forces. That was the deal there. So yeah, it's my first tattoo, and I'm really excited. C:

Also, I wanted to get a quote between the wings... I just don't know what. Anyone have any suggestions that relate to the theme here? MCR lyrics, perhaps? xD

5. Dust Angel

^I really like the thought behind your tattoo-to-be.
    I'd suggest something from S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W if you're not opposed to their latest album. Particularly when he says, Make a wish when your childhood dies or See the rust through your playground eyes because to me, both lines speak of innocence, or loss of innocence.

6. PunkRockFlowerChild

PunkRockFlowerChild New Member

Good idea! I was actually considering either S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W or Kids From Yesterday lyrics. Thanks for the input :)

7. Dust Angel

Thank you! No problem ;)

8. VickyWild

VickyWild New Member

9. So I think I've finally decided what I'm getting.

Either on my ribcage, the side of my foot. I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

10. Dust Angel

^ I hear foot tattoos hurt more than anything else (not speaking from personal experience, though).

11. I've heard that too but I'm quite happy to risk it

12. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

A rib tattoo is going to last a lot, lot longer, for sure.

13. Freiheit483

Freiheit483 Member

I would love Freiheit (It means Freedom in German) On my upper back in a Edwardian Script ITC :)

14. Dust Angel

I have plans to get "Fundamentally Loathsome" tattooed along the length of the base of my thumb (toward my wrist) in my own handwriting this Summer. I keep writing it, just to make sure I want it there, and I just continue wanting it more and more.

15. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

The next one I get will be the quote, "not all who wander are lost" on one foot and possibly a faded, torn map of Middle-Earth on the other.

16. Thumbelina

Made a semi-impulsive decision and ended up with this today (yes, I know the first word is a bit wonky but no, I don't care):

[​IMG]

Let me know if the picture doesn't work. I'm trying/struggling/failing to do this on my phone.

17. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

^ It works perfectly and looks cool.

Do it!

18. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

Nice one, Jules! Is it on your leg?

19. Thumbelina

Fanks! No, it's on my left side, like, under my bra strap.

20. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

Beautiful placement! :)