Tattoos

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by Manda, Jan 7, 2007.

1. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

Got my thumbs done yesterday. I've always been in love with the quote, "when you find something in life that makes you happy, hold onto it like an anchor." Not sure where I heard it, but it's always stuck with me. And music is the one thing in life that will always make me feel better. So I got an anchor and a music note.

The anchor looks a little wavy, but that's only because the picture was taking as soon as I got out of the chair. It's not that way now hah.

[​IMG]

2. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

Awesome! What job do you have? Presumably they won't matter, but like, I always worry about even getting a tattoo on my forearm because I don't know what I'm going to be doing.

3. MrBoggins

I work at a hardware store (Lowes). Their theory on tattoos is as long as it's nothing offensive they can be visible. Plus, I've been there 4 years with two other highly visible tattoo's, so I'm not worried. :] Granted, a lot of other places will instantly deny me a job now, but oh well. I'm hoping to step into the music scene soon, doing something.

4. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

More and more employers seem to be okay with visible tattoos now, I'm seeing them a lot at different places here.

Yours are cute, Barb!

5. My mum works for their Australian equivalent, Masters, and her work mates are covered in tattoos.

I turned 18 a little while ago, And I've become obsessed with white ink tattoos. But I want to be really sure when I do get my tattoo of what I want

6. MrBoggins

^I absolutely love white ink tattoos. I have a couple different ideas in mind that I've been musing around. I either want to get a white ink one next, or start on my trash polka design.

7. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

Loving the thumb tatts! Very cute.

[​IMG]

Hard to take a picture because of the shape of my arm, etc. But :)!!!

8. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

That's gorgeous!

9. Wow! I absolutely love it!

10. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

Thanks guys! It's not done yet and it needs some colouring, but I'm very pleased!

11. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

Barb, I love the tats on your thumbs, they are so amazing

Lenore, I cannot wait to see how that will look with color if it looks that gorgeous without

12. VickyWild

VickyWild New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a shark on my boob too but I can't get a photo of that.

13. Loving the Blink-182 smiley and the detail of the tarantula! [:

My cousin has gotten a tattoo and I'm surprised because I assume her parents paid for it. She's seventeen this year, I think she was newly turned sixteen when she got it. It's of her star sign on her wrist.

I haven't really thought of any tattoo that I really want to get. How much would words cost, does anyone know? Do prices go quite high up for more complicated fonts?

14. Mandiee007

Mandiee007 New Member

I have a few haha :
    1) Gemini sign on my foot
    2) big lotus flower on my other foot
    3) shooting star on my calf
    4) four leaf clover on my finger
    5) daughters name on my wrist
    6) heart on my wrist
    7) sons name on my forearm
    8) nautical star on my shoulder blade

15. Kriss

Kriss Mrs. Sherlock

Just got my knuckles tattooed. :)

16. PlanetaryGoGo

PlanetaryGoGo Media Division

What're they saying now?

17. MarieArt

MarieArt Champion of Losers

[​IMG]
    I got this on July 5th, it's already healed up now.
    It says "Take Tomorrow" which is a phrase I've been in love with since my preteen years; we're not promised tomorrow, so take it while you can. It is also the title to one of my favorite songs (which I've loved since 7th grade). "Give me all your fears, I'll throw 'em all away. Just think about the good things, no matter what they say. We'll take tomorrow baby yeah, one day at a time."

I'm getting an owl next time, just cannot decide on where. Suggestions?

18. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

I would suggest above the "Take Tomorrow" sort of incorporate it into that one.

19. MarieArt

MarieArt Champion of Losers

He did put the stencil of the owl above it and it ended up going almost halfway up my forearm; I'm not too sure about it going up that far due to getting a job at a salon near by. I'm not 100% sure on how they feel about tattoos (this one is small enough to cover up with a watch/bracelet if need be)

20. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

I suggest maybe asking before getting it. I know some places are more strict than others and once you do that you will be 100% sure.