Tattoos

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by Manda, Jan 7, 2007.

1. GlowMidnight

GlowMidnight Active Member

It sounds beautiful :)

There's an annoying girl in my grade who says when shes 15 she's getting dark Angel wings covering her entire back.

2. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

I'm so silly!
    A bit off topic, but I want to know if the laser hair remover works!

3. YouKnowYouLoveMe

YouKnowYouLoveMe New Member

That sounds like it'll hurt.

I tried doing a line of lyrics on my arm with my cousin's tattoo gun and gave up after 3 words, it hurt so bad.
    It says on my ankle now:Where do we g[o now?]:oops:
    poop.

4. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

Thanks Kelly dear. I've been trying to draw it out because I want it to be in my own hand. I'm hoping when I get the money and have everything planned that I'll get it and it'll come out like I envision it

5. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

6. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

I saw a guy once who had wings all along his back and arms, and it actually looked pretty cool; I think it worked better than just having them on your back.

7. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

I once knew this girl who thought she'd be a badass and put vines all over her body like she was a f**king rain forest or something. The concept may have been nice if executed differently, but the way she explained it just sounded tacky.

I envy people who are allowed to get tattoos at the age they're at, but don't choose to get anything sentimental or meaningful, but rather something rude or silly. /rant.

8. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

^Are you sure you mean 'envy'? That doesn't really make sense?

9. Dust Angel

In the sense that I envy their opportunity, because I feel like I'd put it to better use. Not like, I wish I could be f**king stupid and put something senseless permanently on my body.

10. Schuyler

Schuyler Active Member

Thanks for your inputs lovelies :) I think I've decided on "Life goes on" but I'm still not entirely positive where. Wrist is definitely an option, but I'm also considering behind my ear. Basically I have to decide whether or not I want it to be really visible haha

11. xokay_nowx

I like tattoos behind the ear; I'd go for that rather than wrist. :)

12. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

Well, I talked to my mum and dad about getting a second tattoo. I really want to get this rose tattooed for over a few months now. But my parents' reaction kinda made me re-think this idea. They're saying it's to big and that it's a silly idea.
    I have to add that my parents aren't very much in tattoos. Not at all actually. What do you guys think?
    Should I follow my own gut and get it or should I listen to my parents? There's defo a meaning behind this tattoo and my 21st birthday is in March.

13. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

I say follow your gut. when I was 20, I got a tattoo on my arm, and I hid t from my mother for a couple weeks, knowing that she'd hate it. She she did finally see it, I was right, she hated it. She thought it was ugly, and made me cover it when I was around her. Eventually, though, she got used to it, and it doesn't even bother her anymore.
    So yeah, if you want it, I say get it. They'll get used to it, eventually.

14. Angila

Angila InkGirl. Staff Member

Agreed, follow your gut. There's a few people in my life that don't like mine or wish I'd stop getting them. I don't care, because I'm the one who has to wear them for the rest of my life and in the end what anyone else thinks doesn't matter. You can't make everyone happy and you shouldn't have to. The only person you should worry about making happy is yourself.

15. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

Very true. It's just that it's something I really want and then your loved ones tell you it's not a good idea and that ''you're silly for even considering it''. I have to say that my mum said the same about my first tattoo, and her response to it when she first saw it wasn't very pleasent, it even made me cry. But now she's ok with it I think.
    Thanks you guys!

16. Angila

Angila InkGirl. Staff Member

She'll get over it. But if it bothers you that much or you think you'll regret it, then don't. I really don't mean to be a bad influence, because I kind of am when it comes to this stuff.

17. PunkAssMofo!

PunkAssMofo! Fuzake n Na!

"Darlin', forever is a long, long time. And time has a way of changin' things."

From Fox and the Hound <3333333

18. Seraphim

Seraphim Active Member

My friend and I were bored so we decided we're going to get tattoos next weekend.
    If it works out, I'll be getting this on the inside of my left ankle;
    [​IMG]

And these;
    [​IMG]
    (This isn't my butt, but I wanted some idea what it might look like. :p )
    [​IMG]

And at some point I want to get something similar to this on my back;
    [​IMG]

19. xokay_nowx

Nice, really like the first! Kind of looks like a Manson logo, ahaha.

20. Dust Angel

Really love the grenade balloons one.