Taking back the life you stole.

Discussion in 'Completed Fan Fictions' started by Green_pixie, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Green_pixie

Green_pixie Active Member

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
    It's getting faster and louder. Just shut the hell up! Wow my head hurts, what did I do last night? Oh yeah looked after that shitty butt rock band. How much did I drink? Don't answer that. I have to get up now, come on! Why am I doing this to myself? I slowly get up, so as not to dislodge the huge weight that it settled on my brain, and hit the alarm clock a couple of times to stop it screeching at me. Its 11am, what time did I go to bed? 5am. I have to be at work in 2 hours. Fantastic, what piece of crap band am I going to have to look after tonight I wonder. I never get the good ones.
    "You're unreliable Bea, we can't trust you with the high profile bands." I can vaguely remember John telling me that, through a haze of fag-smoke and cocaine. He's right, I'm a mess. I've always known that, I'm a waste of skin. The scars on my arms show clearly how much I think of myself. How long has it been since that attempt? Six months...hmmm.. not bad.
    Ok its now 11.15 time to make myself presentable. Looking in the bathroom mirror I see lost potential, I see a woman with no direction or passion. What happened to wanting to be a singer Bea? Huh? What happened to wanting to play that guitar, now lying abandoned in the garage, professionally. Now every night you watch kids living your dream for you. You spend every night pandering to their every whim, organising their future, when you can't even organise your own. That band you booked last year, where are they now? On the front cover of NME, with a number one album under their belts, thats where!
    I run my hands through my cropped black hair, streaked with purple and let out a sigh. That face, I hate that face. Piercing blue eyes stare with loathing. I apply some eyeliner, pull on black jeans, an old blue shirt and sneakers, grab my bag and begin another day of my extraordinary and boring life.

Thats chapter one, don't worry MCR are in there somewhere! Hope you like it.

2. Green_pixie

Chapter 2: Taking Back the life you stole

"You're late!" John shouts at me, as I wander in through the door of the auditorium.
    "I know, but I was helping the band till late remember, as usual!"
    "No you weren't Bea. You were getting wasted with the band, as usual!"
    That was a slap in the face. It's sort of ok when you think it about yourself, but when someone else says it. God I need coffee.
    "So whats the deal today," I ask Mark, one of the bookers.
    "Ermmm.... its like this American band, called My Chemical something."
    "My Chemical Romance," John helps as he walks past."
    Hmm.... I'd heard of them. "Any good?" I asked Mark.
    "Apparently their totally amazing, the next big thing."
    "Whose with them tonight." I asked. Please me, please me I pleaded inwardly.
    "You are," said John appearing behind me.
    "Oh my God really? Thankyou so much!"
    "Maybe this will teach you to clean up your act Bea."
    Maybe.

"OH MY GOD WE LOVE YOU GUYS OH MY GOD!"
    What the hell was that. I was back here trying to catch some Z's and all I could hear was high pitched screaming. I got up and wandered out into the foyer. "What is going on here?" I shouted, just to be heard above the din.
    "The band are here, everyone is going nuts!" John shouted back.
    They couldn't be this popular surely. As the band walked through the door surrounded by bodyguards, all I caught was a swoop of black hair. Better go and introduce myself.
    I walked slowly into the green room. Ok professional, I have to be professional. They were all seated on the huge sofa's chatting enthusiastically. Hmm... not bad, seemed cool enough, they hadn't seen me so I had chance to check them out. 5 guys, all dressed in black, one twirling drum sticks round and round on his fingers, one with glasses quietly laughing at another 2 who were playing around with some sort of comic, and the final guy with a huge afro trying something out on an acoustic guitar. Bit different from what we usually get.
    "Hey guys," I took the plunge. They all looked up and smiled. "Hey I'm Bea and I'm going to be your assistant while you're with us."
    "Nice to meet you Bea," the guy with the long black hair got up and held out his hand, "I'm Gerard, I'm the singer." He had nice eyes. Haunted by something, I couldn't quite put my finger on it.
    "This is Mikey, my brother, he plays bass," guy with the glasses waved shyly, "Frank,on guitar," the guy who'd been fooling around with Gerard waves enthusiastically, "Bob, on drums," another little wave, "and Ray on guitar," the afro dude gives me a friendly smile.
    Gerard sat back down and a weird silence ensued. "Well..... is there anything you guys want?"
    "No don't think so," Frank replied, fiddling with his lip piercing.
    I looked at each of the guys in turn and they all shook their heads. I looked at Gerard finally, but he wasn't looking at my face. He was staring at my bare arms. I looked down and knew instantly that he could see my scars, still fresh from 6 months before, mingled with fainter ones from years gone by. When he realised, he quickly looked at my face and blushed bright red. "I'll leave you guys to it then, sound check is in an hour," I choked out. I almost ran from the room. Once in the safety of the toilets, I sobbed until my body was empty.

"Why did she leave so fast? She seemed like a rad girl," Frank asked, after Bea's hasty exit.
    "No idea, maybe she's new and nervous?" Mikey offered.
    "Didn't you guys see her arms?" Gerard asked quietly.
    "No, what was up with them?" Ray asked.
    "She's been self-harming, they were covered in scars," Gerard ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "I'm going to go and find her."
    "Gerard don't interfere too much," Bob suggested. "She might just want to be left alone for a while."
    But Gerard had already left the room.

What am I going to do? I'm a suicidal, alcoholic, drug addict. I'm 23 years old, with a job that a hate, and no way out. The door of the toilets opened and I heard footsteps on the blue tiles.
    Someone cleared their throat. It was a man for sure.
    "Ermmm.... Bea?"
    An American accent. One of the band had come to find me. How embarassing.
    "Bea are you in here?" the voice drawled.
    "Yes," I squeaked.
    "I'm sorry I made you cry."
    I slowly opened the cubicle door. Gerard stood in front of me. His hazel eyes stared at me with such kindness that I started to cry again. A perfect stranger was being kinder than anyone ever had. "It's ok," I said "I'm just a bit fragile at the moment," I grabbed some tissue and went to leave but he grabbed my arm.
    "Wait, do you wanna talk?"
    "No not really. I just need to do my job."
    "Why are you self-harming Bea?" he asked quietly.
    "What are you my counsellor?" I replied angrily. How dare he question my life.
    "I'm just trying to help."
    "Well don't bother. I'm a stranger to you, and I don't need the help of some rockstar with more money than sense." I spat out.
    I left the toilet angry and humiliated. I walked into the green room, "Time for the sound check guys," I tried to be cheerful.
    "Ok, you're the boss!" Frank laughed, patting me on the back. I couldn't help but smile.

While the guys were doing the soundcheck I thought I'd grab a coffee and try and find some more stuff out about the band. I typed My Chemical Romance into the search engine and found a recent biog. "The rock band My Chemical Romance are taking the music world by storm, with their album 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge,' and it's a big surprise for many as the band had difficulties earlier this year that looked set to throw their new found stardom into doubt. Lead singer Gerard Way admitted a drink and drug problem which had led to him contemplating suicide. He is now clean and sober, which has helped the band move to the next level." I didn't need to read anymore. I looked up at Gerard on the stage, he laughed with his bandmates as though nothing had happened. I knew his eyes had been telling me something. I owed him a huge apology. I went to get up and talk to him but they started to play. I grabbed a copy of the set list from the pile in the corner. 'Im not ok,' 'Helena' these songs rolled through my head as the band played them, and the longer they played the more convinced I was of my own stupidity. 'Thankyou for the venom.' As Gerard sang the words "Whats life like bleeding on the floor," I saw images of myself in my bathroom, the paramedics rushing in, my parents "We don't want to see you until you've cleaned yourself up Beatrice!"
    I realised that I was sitting there crying long after he band had finished playing and it took me a while to notice that the band were sitting around me, waiting for my tears to stop.

3. demolition

demolition Guest

:clap: hey this is good!
    i'm trying to read it with an english accent in my head haha
    Bea's english.. right?

4. Green_pixie

Yeah she is. Just like me! lol. Im trying to do the guys with american accents in my head but its not going good! lol. Are you American?
    Thanks. I was so scared to put this up here. Your fan fic gave me the confidence.

5. Alesha

Alesha New Member

that is soooo good. I was a little skeptical when i read the first chapter you made, but now this story is getting really good. I can't wait until you make the next chapter!hehe.:)

6. Green_pixie

Thanks. Yeah the first chapter was just a kind of intro to Bea. Thats why I put that it does actually involve MCR cus people might have thought I was just writing this random story! lol.

7. demolition

demolition Guest

nah, i'm canadian actually
    :eek: thx!! that's such an awesome compliment.
    there's a few stories i've read that were a big help in getting me started too

8. chasingsafety

chasingsafety New Member

Ah yay, two stories to keep up with! I like it...definately post more soon!

9. RIOT!

RIOT! Active Member

RACH.
    PUT THE 3RD CHAPTER UP.
    NOW!!
    I LOVE IT :]

10. Phoebe

Phoebe Off The Heezay.

that's amazing, MORE PLEASE :]

11. Green_pixie

Chapter Three: Taking Back the life you stole

An arm slowly crept around my shoulders as I buried my face in my hands and sobbed with more effort than I'd ever put into anything.
    "Shhhhhhh," a voice whispered, "don't worry Bea, don't worry."
    After what felt like a lifetime I lifted my tear stained, panda face and staring back were the kind faces of these men who I had known for little more than three hours, but who were looking at me with more compassion and care than any person I had ever known. "What's up dude?" Frank smiled, did that boy ever stop smiling? I thought. Gerard squeezed me tight, before giving me up to the arms of Frank. Gosh he was tiny.
    "GROUP HUG," Mikey laughed, as they all piled in around me.
    "Thankyou, thankyou," I whispered.

"So what's your poison?" Gerard asked casually after the show that night, taking a long draw on a Marlboro cigarette.
    "Ermmm...any alcohol I can get, cocaine, cigarettes, coffee," I replied nervously.
    "Ok I can condone the last two," he laughed. We were sitting in the green room, after what had been a awesome show. Maybe it was because it was the first gig I'd witnessed sober or maybe these guys were amazingly talented. Both were probably valid! Me and Gerard were the only two still awake. Mikey, Frank, Ray and Bob lay sprawled in a heap on one settee, how they all had managed that was beyond belief. "Two years travelling in a van, you had to grab sleep where you could," Gerard giggled. "What's your deal Bea? he continued "An intelligent, good-looking girl like you shouldn't be in this mess."
    "I've had a difficult couple of years," I replied. Did I really want to open my heart again? I don't wear my heart on my sleeve. Never have...maybe this was the time I should.
    "I used to think I was going to do something with my life, I wanted to be a singer and guitarist..."
    "You play?" Gerard asked excitedly.
    "Yeah, not for a while though," I blushed. "University was what ruined me, I started sleeping around, drinking, drugs, you name it, I did it!" I smiled sheepishly but Gerard wasn't smiling. "It was one guy who led me down the wrong path and I followed without question. Kyle. He was exciting, bad for me, and I loved him," my eyes welled up. Gerard came over and sat next to me without saying a word. "He stole who I was, he stole my life. I threatened to leave him again and again but I was too scared. I depended on the drugs by then. One night I tried to escape through the window," my breathing was coming in short sharp bursts, "he caught me. He.............." I couldn't say it.
    "I know honey, I know," Gerard said calmly.
    "After that I lived in a shelter for a while. I tried to kill myself. But I hid it so well. I got this job, I got a flat. Six months ago I tried again," I looked down at my scars. "My parents disowned me after that. I'm a disgrace according to them. They tell people that I live in Scotland now. I haven't seen them since that night." Their words rang in my ears. "My own parents stopped caring, so I just threw myself into getting wasted every night, thats pretty much how its been for 6 months."
    I looked over at Gerard's face, his black hair falling like a curtain over his one eye. I looked over at the guys on the sofa, they were awake, how long had they been listening?
    Gerard looked at me with those eyes of his. "We're going to help you."

12. Alesha

Alesha New Member

awww, geez that is so sad, her parents disowning her and everything. can't wait to see what happens.

13. Green_pixie

I'm making it well depressing but oh well. There will be a happy ending....maybe! lol. Do you like it so far then? I just want to know what people think!

14. Alesha

Alesha New Member

I think this story is actually really good so far. keep going!

15. Green_pixie

Phew! lol. I just needed to get into writing again and this seemed like the perfect way to do it. Thanks

16. demolition

demolition Guest

me likey
    you got skills <3

17. Martha

Martha The Sweet Crusader

i like it. but why is Bea there with the band? and what was she doing before talking to them? i want to know more... AHHH.

18. Martha

Martha The Sweet Crusader

wait.. i read this one first and ch1 last. i don't have any qeustions now. i still want to know more.

19. RIOT!

RIOT! Active Member

ehehe.
    THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS. :)!

20. Green_pixie

Yeah Chapter one sort of explains things. hehe.
    She's like a booker for bands at this performance hall and she is put in charge of MCR.