Solo Valentine

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Archive' started by coffinlover, Dec 14, 2011.

1. coffinlover

coffinlover New Member

Title :
    Solo Valentine
    :hearts:
    Rating: 12

Summary: Valentine is tomorrow, and 19 year old Frank Iero is sick of it already. While all the couples show and annouces their loves for one another, Frank Stays at home with coffee and toast and bad movies. But, no one should be alone on the day of love, and theres one secret person who's going to make sure Frank Isn't- even if he's thrown off his door step in rejection!

Charcters: Frank Iero, secret character

Genre: Romance

Disclaimer: Totally made up, and I don't own anyone.

Chapters:

Chapter 1 - Page 1 "Don't find love, let love find you. That's why it's called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall."
    Chapter 2 - Page 1 "If you love, you needn’t anything else. If you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter what you have"

2. coffinlover

coffinlover New Member

Chapter 1​

"Don't find love, let love find you. That's why it's
    called falling in love, because you don't force
    yourself to fall, you just fall."

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. The day all the lovesick beings prance around the world embracing this other they called their valentine. While all those who remain solo and loveless lie in their beds staring pointlessly at their ceiling trying to work out why Eros and Aphrodite have never pushed them into the brick wall named Love.

I’m one of those solos, and here I am staring at my plain white ceiling, hoping it suddenly begin to crack causing the whole thing to fall on top of me and kill me instantly. No luck, God is clearly a witch today. Actually, in my case, he’s always been one.

I looked at my clock that sat on my bedside table next to a glass of water and a copy of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, just for that fact that, at this moment in time, I really could relate to the deformed bell ringer, loved by no one. The neon green numbers read 7:09. I sighed with my misery and forced myself to get up from my pit. I stepped slowly down the stairs, before pausing on the last step. I listened. As I expected, the house was silent. My mother was a work-a-holic since I was 10 years old, and for the past 9 years, I swear I’ve only spoken to her properly twice. My father left her when I was 4, and I used to see him every weekend, but now he’s moved to Australia on business and apparently won’t be back here in Belleville for another two years. Awesome, another two years I’m certain I’ll be alone for- awesome.

I stepped one foot in front of me and let myself fall to the ground floor. I shuffled to the kitchen switched the kettle on and began making a refreshing cup of coffee to cheer me up. As the kettle’s switch clicked back into place, signalling that it was boiled, the door bells cheery tune filled the house. I frowned at the sound. Who would be ringing the doorbell at quarter past seven in the bloody morning? I grumble to myself and headed to the door. I ripped the door open and, before even taking a second to see who was on the other side, and yelled-

“WHAT”

There was no one there.
    I growled underneath my breath.
    “Knock-down-ginger, eh punks?! Oh, so bloody funny!” I yelled at no one in particular.
    I was about to close the door, when something caught my eye from the front step; a note.
    I picked up the neatly folded paper and went inside. I leaned against my front door and opened it.

‘No one should be alone on valentine’s day. ‘

"Don't find love, let love find you. That's why it's called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall."

I raised an eye brow. What was this; some kind of joke? If it is, then who? No one really knows me and I know hardly any one! I’m near enough no one. I do know for a fact that some people know of my existence down at the mall, since I work in the comic book store and HMV, but even then I’m just know as ‘Comic Kid’ or ‘HMV Kid’. I’m not worth their time of actually talking to me or finding out my real name.

So, maybe it could be real? Or those kids from the mall had stalked me somehow. I headed back into the kitchen, scrupling up the letter as I did so, before throwing it on to the kitchen table. I carried on making my coffee, before sticking some toast in the toaster and switching the kettle back on to boil; I had a feeling that I was going to finish this coffee pretty fast…

Short yes, but I'll be adding chapter to this about twice a-day! So that isn't that bad really is it? If you notice any thing wrong, or you have tips, just tell me, thanks :thumbsup:

3. CrimsonRiver

CrimsonRiver New Member

Aw! That's sweet! Can't wait for the mext update. XD

4. Asthma_Turtle

Asthma_Turtle Active Member

Cool I really liked that :)
    Well done :)
    More?

5. Athena

Athena Active Member

That was really sweet :)

6. coffinlover

coffinlover New Member

Chapter 2

‘It’s the circle of life!
    and it moves us all
    Through despair and hope
    Through faith and Love..’

Love, the strongest thing to spread through the land. So sweet when you have it and are able to give it, but the most sickening thing of all when you are without it and have none of it to give. It’s one of those things that you just can’t have without giving, though giving, as I have learnt through the 19 years I been alive, isn’t always enough. Guess that’s why I want to be sick every time Simba and Nala start going all gooey-eyed while ‘Can You Feel The Love’ plays…

‘til we find our place
    On the path unwinding
    In the circle
    The circle of life…’

Well that bloody circle must have a dent or crack in it because it’s sure not going round me!
    I wonder what that means anyway. ‘Find our place on the path unwinding’. There’s the obvious one, the path called life, but it might mean something else, might it? Maybe it-

‘DING DONG! DING DONG!’ rang the doorbell, shaking me out of a possible epiphany. As I headed to the door, I took a quick glimpse at the clock-9:15. Exactly two hours ago someone had rang my doorbell and left me some kind of love note. What’s it going to be this time; A box of chocolates?

I opened the door and immediately looked down at the step. Not a box of chocolates exactly, but another note, folded, with a heart shaped sweet covered in a red wrapper. I frowned, but bent down and pick it up. I looked round again but saw no one. I closed the door and sat back on the couch/sofa. I opened the letter

Why do I love you? I do because I simply can’t help it.

You may not know me, but I know you, even though you think no one does. Creepy, you may think, but I found things about you, saw you, but mere coincidence. A lucky, beautiful coincidence. I can tell just by how you act and your body language that you feel unloved, and you love no another.

Well, A fool in love makes no sense to me, but I shall walk past them with a smile. But a fool who refuses to love, is the biggest fool of them all.
    Remember Frank, and keep this in mind today and tomorrow, and then forever after.

If you love, you needn’t anything else. If you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter what you have.

What was this person?! Some kind of English freak?
    I must admit, the way was written was quite clever, but it was sickening to me, so full of love and tenderness. I was a bit disturbed by the whole thing, but I was also intrigued. I thought about unwrapping the little sweet, but changed my mind and decided to put them in my room. I was about to head up the stairs to my bedroom when I suddenly remembered the other note that I had left scrunched up on the kitchen table. I bounced in the room and grabbed it, delicately tiding it out, smoothing all the creases, before folding it back the way it originally was and taking it upstairs with me. I placed the two letters and the chocolate on my desk. I stared at them for a minute, before heading back down stairs to carry on watching The Lion King. It’s not like I had anything better to do. As sat down, my brain wondered about this person. The two times this person had come, it had been 15 past the hour. Two hours between them, so it’s easy to assume that they’ll stick to this. It might be just a coincidence, but I decided that was what I’d go with. I smiled to myself. Even if this was some kind of sick prank, it was an interesting one at least. Plus it might keep me entertained for the next few hours, instead of being bored and just watching Disney films all day as depression swooped through my sad little body.

I got up from the couch/sofa and headed back in the kitchen to make another cup of coffee, a little bounce in my step and my mood a bit perkier. I couldn’t help that this wasn’t a joke…

7. Wow. That's cool. Get 'im, Frank!! I think I might have a pretty good idea who the letter sender is, but I'm 5% not sure. Oh well, Frank, you'll figure t out. Catch them in the act. Well, time to go! I'll be looking for an update.

8. Athena

Athena Active Member

THE LION KIND FTW :D

Yay Frankies a bit perkier. :)

Loved the update

9. Asthma_Turtle

Asthma_Turtle Active Member

Awwe this is so sweet :D
    I can't wait for the next update!
    Im also happy that Frank's happy :)

10. well this has caught my attention and i would be kind of creeped out if i were him

11. CrimsonRiver

CrimsonRiver New Member

This is so cute.

12. NOTE TO SELF : FOUND