Secrets Kept From Parents

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by mcr xshannx, Mar 6, 2007.

1. chemical

chemical New Member

^^ aw, being cheated on sucks ><

i forgot to put that they don't know that i have my hip pierced :D

2. Niamh

Niamh New Member

I wrote this like a year ago, I was so miserable, but so much more innocent! :/

- I spent the other Sunday puking over a toilet bowl, with my friends older brother cleaning up my arm when I turned up at his house after using a razorblade to give myself a tattoo while drunk.
    - I smoke cigarettes and weed
    - At Eden's party I got so messy that I made out and got felt up by a 19 year old. That's a five year age gap.
    - I can't remember the last time I did any schoolwork.

Hilarious to think this time last year I was top of my class, and completely against drink and drugs. It's not a good thing.

3. frank iero.

frank iero. Guest

They don't know how my boyfriend and I really spend our time together :')

4. CherieNoir

CherieNoir Member

I really don't have anything to keep secret from my parents any more. I'm much too well adjusted nowadays. XD Still, even when I wasn't so well adjusted I didn't keep secrets from them. They know all about how in the past I battled depression and a eating disorder, tried drugs and did some other pretty destructive things. I'm glad I was being open about those things since because of that they were able to offer support during a though time in my life.

I guess the only secret I have nowadays is that I'm not always doing exactly as well as I let on. I no longer turn to my parents when I'm feeling blue during a bad day because I don't want to burden them. Both my sisters are battling depression right now and compared to them I'm doing extremely well. I manage so I see no need to put more weight on my parents shoulders than what they're already carrying for my sisters.

5. Letterbomb

Letterbomb New Member

My parents don't know about:
    •My 3 extra Twitter accounts (they think I have 1)
    •My YouTube account
    •my wikipedia account
    •The fanfictions that I read
    •how obsessed I really am towards my fav bands

6. BlackWays

BlackWays New Member

Uhm,well,my father doesn't know that i'm bisexual.

7. Sussak

Sussak Guest

My mum knows an awful lot of things, my dad's the one who doesn't really know anything about me.

I smoke both cigarettes and pot.
    I go to school hungover/drunk quite often just so I don't have to pay attention to the things people have been saying around.
    I got suspended on December.
    I got into University to major in sociology.

8. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

They don't know that:

I hurt myself, sometimes.
    I constantly think about how and when I'll die.
    My hate for them grows stronger with each passing day.
    I desperately want to move out and away from them.
    Once I graduate, I have absolutely no plans to ever come back and visit them- even in their old age.

I guess that's about it.

9. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

Same, except I've struggled with different issues, except the depression.

I've come clean to them recently about some of the things I've done in the past... it was a relief not to be hiding from them anymore. Yeah, they weren't pleased, but at least they know who I am now, and they still love me.

10. Same here. Except it's both my parents, and I'm afraid that something bad will happen and that I'd be "a disgrace to the family name"

11. Headshot.

Headshot. New Member

I have never forgiven my mom for this:

I was in eigth grade, I was seriously depressed and I was cutting myself. I always cut in really obscure areas so no one would ever see. I wrote about it frequently in my journal. One day, she found my journal, read it, and then started screaming at me about how everyone would think bad about her if anyone ever found out. She didn't even care that I was depressed and suicidal. All she cared about was her reputation. She never once asked me if I wanted therapy, and she never once offered to help me. Because she didn't want to look bad. I mean, how selfish can you be? She told me that depression is a made-up illness and that the only reason people cut is to get attention. That is the cruelest thing you could say to anyone struggling with a mental illness like that. Why would I hide my cuts if I wanted attention? I will never forgive her for that, and she just thinks everything is peachy-keene.

12. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

^This is a little late but I'm really sorry that happened to you. While reading it, my heart just completely sank ]=

13. :O
    I can see why you couldn't forgive her for that.
    It's very sad that your own mom would do something tragic like that. I just hope you're doing better than before.

14. - My parents don't know I started to self harm... Again.
    - They don't know I like other girls
    - They don't know I sometimes smoke
    - They don't know I've dated my bestfriend (who is also a girl)
    - They don't know half the poop that goes on in my life
    - They don't know I don't eat and when I do it doesn't stay in my stomache for very long... ><
    - Mainly... They don't know how much I've wanted to get rid of myself over the smallest of things :/

15. Omg I have the same things hidden from my parents....

16. Really? It's nice to know I'm not completely on my own here...

17. Mmmhmm I can see why you would keep the secrets from your parents...
    but is hard or easy for you to keep it hidden from them?

18. It's hard. I mean hiding cuts is meh, I cut my legs so yeah.
    Keeping my sexuality is hard too... ya' know if I'm dating a girl and I get caught making out with her... awkward
    Being anorexic is kind of hard to hide... But I wear baggy clothes.
    I don't know... I guess I always have an answer to why I do these things if I get questioned. I just wish I could tell them the truth really :/

19. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

My dad doesn't know I lost my virginity in his bed. lol

20. ^Ahahahaha!!! I think it's good that he doesn't know that.

My parents don't know that:
    -I hate my sister.
    -I hate them most of the time.
    -I just wanna be alone.
    -I may be depressed.
    -I've thought of abusing prescription drugs.
    -I'm completely f**ked in the head.
    -I'm in love with my bestest friend.