Quotes

Discussion in 'General Rock Discussion' started by Panita, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Lovesong

Lovesong She's a Rebel

"I've been left at truck stops, and I'd have to call them on my cellphone, you know, it's like, 'Hey what's up?' and they're like, 'Hey how's it going, man?' I'm like, 'You notice something's missing from the van?' And there's a silence, and they'll go, 'Aw poop!'" - Ray Toro

Gerard....Well, he's just himself. We talk....We cry....And he's still Gerard Way. -Frank Iero

Gerard, in my view, is the second coolest motherf**ker on this planet. Second because I'm first, and therefore cooler. - Frank Iero

Uhm, I just wanna say....Whatever's going on over here, SQUASH IT, alright? This is a place where everybody belongs, everybody has a good time- no fights, no bullshit, it's a f**kin' place with no elitism. Alright? We all belong here. So whatever's going on, can it, and have a good time, alright? - Frank Iero

Fan: Frank! Say 'Hi' to the camera, Frank!
    Frank: Hi to the camera, Frank!
    - Frank Iero

Girl: Can you hug me? It's my birthday.
    (Frank hugs her)
    Frank: How old are you?
    Girl: Twenty-seven.
    (Frank's head shoots up.)
    Frank: Oh....you don't look that old.
    - Amsterdam, June 5, 2007
    - Frank Iero

Interviewer: If you were stranded on a deserted island, who would be eaten first?
    Ray: Definitely not Mikey, there’s not much to eat! I would say me or Bob. I’m actually gonna go with Bob. He looks tasty.
    Frank: I’ll pick Bob too. I wouldn’t eat you, because you’d get us off the island! *giggles*
    Bob: *horrified at answer* Oh poop, I get eaten first?!
    Ray: *laughs at Bob*
    Interviewer: You know why? You would offer to be eaten because that way none of the others would have to die.
    All: Awww!

2. shutup&play

shutup&play New Member

Where are those quotes from? Is there some video of the amsterdam quote? I'd love to see that! XD

3. MCRJunkie

MCRJunkie New Member

great..Bob is soc ute...
    Video from amsterdam please!!!

4. Lovesong

Lovesong She's a Rebel

I got the qoutes from en.wikiquote.org.
    I have no idea about the vid, sorry! xD

5. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

"I am dead serious... I am not that pretty! Back the f**k up!" - Gerard Way

6. XMissxIerox

XMissxIerox Guest

hehe that ones a good one

I can't swim... I'm a medic but I can't swim.-Ray
    I'll protect him-Bob
    Making of the Ghost of You

and

This scene is where Gerards a nerd in science class- Frank
    Making of I'm Not Ok

7. Lovesong

Lovesong She's a Rebel

Which of your band mates is most likely to accidentally stick a fork in a toaster?
    Frank: Mikey.
    And who would yell 'Hey! It's still plugged in!'?
    Mikey: That would be me.
    Gerard: I would definitely be the one yelling. I think we're all very protective of Mikey for things like sticking forks in toasters.
    Frank: It's funny because when we were recording, me and Mikey lived together and I would go to Gerard after and be like, "I can't believe he did this today."
    Mikey: Yeah, I would leave the tea on overnight.
    Frank: God forbid that kid ever lives alone!
    Gerard: He had to promise he would watch him because he likes to do this thing where he'll take a heater into the shower and plug it in...
    Frank: Oh god!
    Gerard: ...and there's water everywhere!
    Mikey: I did that one time...
    Gerard: What about the times with the radio?
    Mikey: ...and I was pretty warm when I did it though.

We were birth control." - Ray on his and Gerard's high school years

Frankie: Eww is that a bug?
    Fan 1: no I think it's a sharpie mark
    Frankie: it is a bug
    Fan 2: no actually it is a bug. I sorta smushed it by accident and it stayed on the picture
    Frankie: That's gross*circles bug and write eww on paper*

''When you are kissing a guy with a beard, it's different." -Gerard Way

Interviewer person: So hows the tour going for you Mikey?
    M: Pretty good, how 'bout you?
    Interviewer Person: ...I didnt go on tour

8. SarahSORROW.

SarahSORROW. New Member

Then...

Gee: I was actually really good at science! *Big grin*

Ah :)

xxx

9. MCRJunkie

MCRJunkie New Member

hahahahha. I remeber that form LOTMS

10. Sussak

Sussak Guest

-kickballLOTMS-

Gerard: "I f**ked up a little..."
    Guy: "You f**ked up a lot..." -mumbles-
    Gerard: "N-No! I... I was good... I was good... wasn't I?"

-Gerard'shamstercage-

Gerard: "This is for when I actually buy my first hamster!" -hugs cage pretty gayly- "Oooh, it's so perfect!" -hugs tighter-

11. "Bob brings a gun to every show, just in case someone asks for that song."
    -Gerard Way. About Our Lady of sorrows (!!)

12. xCirclesx

xCirclesx New Member

Sorry to be offtopic, but doesn't Bob like the song?

13. Sussak

Sussak Guest

Usually they don't play that song. They always play Desert Song instead. It's like... they have gotten rid of it. I don't know why.

14. xCirclesx

xCirclesx New Member

Ah ok. That sucks, I love that song.
    Anyway, I read these a llittle while ago and I went searching for it again. I got it from buzznet

Gerard starts "We've always seen elitism as a negative thing, even before there were fans. We've always been very open about talking about how much we hate it" he begins, going on to explain the possibility of stumbling across fan elitism being part of the reason he stays away from the internet; discovering such a disrespect for new fans would leave him feeling "disappointed in the older fans".
    Guitarist Ray Toro whole heartedly agrees with his band mate, explaining how older fans got into the band because of their connection to the band and the music, because My Chemical Romance was a way to get away from the elitists hassling them.
    "It's kind of dumb; everybody should be able to listen to the kind of music they want and just because you're a fan of a band for a longer period of time doesn't mean you have a greater stake of claim to the band or the music." Toro goes onto say, showing that the 27 year old is no stranger to this kind of attitude from fans either.

sorry that was kind of long. And

Q: What's the most recent song you downloaded (legally)?
    Frank: I've never downloaded anything, really. I'm anti-computer and I enjoy buying records.

^ i agree with this

sorry if they have already been posted

15. imnotofuckenkay

imnotofuckenkay New Member

"So many people treat you like you're a kid so you might as well act like one and throw your television out of the hotel window."
    - Gerard Way

"If for one minute you think you're better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about."
    - Gerard Way

Sorry if any of these are posted already :]

16. Jazzie

Jazzie Guest

lol
    maybe there are some of this so sorry
    if not enjoy , all are from gerard...

"... So people keep asking me what this badge is for... this badge makes me the sheriff, the sheriff of Emo town, so get your straight irons and eyeliner ready!"

"f**k...f**k...oh...I thought...I thought I was gonna go blind."
    (putting his hand in his pants during a show in Noblesville, Indiana

"We're gonna f**k y'all so bad that you can't walk. WE'RE GONNA f**k YOU SO BAD THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO f**kING WALK!!"
    (Max Pavillion, Singapore)

"So I'm doing my stretches; stretchin' my arms, stretchin' my legs, and this dude walks past and is like, 'Hey, look, everybody! It's David Cassidy!' Do you guys have any idea David Cassidy is? Well, let me tell you something... besides the fact we both have fabulous, fabulous hair there's a big difference between me and David Cassidy... I SUCK WAY MORE DICK THAN THAT GUY!"

"I have a therapist, we hang out, talk about Lord of the Rings... that's what happens actually..."
    "I didn't get much time to get my feet wet so I ended up diving right into the deep end so to speak...and there was a hot minute where I felt like I was just trying to stay afloat. Luckily my editor threw me a life preserver pretty quickly--and, yes, I realize I just used maybe one too many swimming-pool metaphors, but that's the best way to describe the situation."

(Interview about beginning his comic book, The Umbrella Academy, with DarkHorse)

"I feel very intimate with you guys. It's like we're taking a f**king bath together."
    (Jones Beach, NY 8/15/07. Projekt Revolution @ Nikon Amphitheater)

"(Singing) Everybody tie your shoe, I don't care about you. Everybody tie your shoe, clap clap! (Speaking) On three, cause I wanna get my shoes tied now, so I'm gonna tie my f**king shoes!...wait...okay, (Singing) Everybody tie your shoes, clap clap. Everybody tie your shoes, clap clap. (Speaking) That's possibly the f**king stupidest thing I've ever done up here."
    (Birmingham, UK - 22 March 07)

"What is that? Is that a boa? I sure do love boas, ya know just saying."
    (Radio One Show at Koko - 02 April 07)

"The Black Parade has to go home soon, so you're gonna be stuck with My Chemical Romance. I'm sorry. That singer has a despicable mouth, he dresses funny, and he can't sing!"
    (Ft. Lauderdale, FL- 22 April 07)

"Everyone back the f**k up! I am not that pretty!"
    (trying to get the crowd to stop pushing forwards, Houston, TX - April 14, 2007)

"If for one minute you think you're better than a sixteen year old girl in a Green Day t-shirt, you are sorely mistaken. Remember the first time you went to a show and saw your favorite band. You wore their shirt, and sang every word. You didn't know anything about scene politics, haircuts, or what was cool. All you knew was that this music made you feel different from anyone you shared a locker with. Someone finally understood you. This is what music is about."

"Surrounding myself with fans makes me feel like I'm not going through it alone."

"It takes me a while to tell stories. I think it's because I was drunk for three years."

"Uh, actually, we like to kidnap them in a van, and tie them up, and leave them somewhere dangerous. SURPRISE!" (When asked what kinds of surprises the band likes to do for their fans on fuse TV.)

"If you're gonna buy me a present, don't spend more than twenty five bucks, you'll get a blowjob anyway." (KROQ, rambling after performing 'Prison')

"f**k yeah, I’m going to get some comfortable pants! Why stop there? Maybe a nice cable-knit sweater. Maybe I’ll buy a house for my thirtieth birthday next year. I’m gonna get a Dodge Stratus. I’m gonna go to Blockbuster. I’m gonna get whatever shower curtain I want. Because I deserve it."

"What I like about The Sims is that I don't have a normal life at all, so I play this game where these people have these really boring, mundane lives. It's fun. My Sims family is called the Cholly family. I don't know why I picked that name; it's kind of random. The teenage daughter is my favorite, because I just had her go through this Goth phase. She's really kind of nerdy and she just became a concert violinist, which is pretty huge for the family. And she got into private school. But she started wearing black lipstick and she dyed her hair purple. It's pretty huge."

"People don't know if i'm gay, straight or an alien from outer space.. its funny

"It's that women's cut.... they always fall down." (commenting after his pants fell down during a performance on Warped Tour)

Gerard: "I like Starbucks. I know people are going to hate me for saying it-"
    Frank: "No, you can't-"
    Gerard: "-but...it's so damn good!"

i found them on internet lol
    omg they are a lot

17. xokay_nowx

^ Not to offend anyone, but most of those are why I've lost respect for Gerard.

18. Sussak

Sussak Guest

That's why my respect for Gerard Way sometimes is omniscient.

19. Just Gerard

Just Gerard Guest

"Life is very, very short, and you can choose to live it how you want. You can choose to dumb yourself down and not express yourself just so you can fit in, just so people won't dislike you. Or, you can f**king live"

I love this quote, i pretty much live by it.

20. xokay_nowx

^ That's a really good one.