Discussion post your boy/girl problems here!!

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by MCRaddiction, Nov 14, 2006.

1. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

You probably just need to wait and see what happens, if he follows up. Or some people would say call him and be the one to ask to go out again, but I wouldn't do that.
    What happened?

2. Flock of Margot

Flock of Margot New Member

It was a really good night, but he kept doing these really romantic things in a really non-romantic way. Like we slow danced in the park while talking about food. He also hasn't tried to contact me at all today. So I really have no idea what he's thinking and I don't want to get my hopes up if he just wants to be friends.

3. mollyxmadness

mollyxmadness Active Member

Guys generally wait about three days after a date to contact a girl. It's like some unwritten rule. Give him a couple of days, and then if he doesn't contact you, try to cut your loses and move on. I'd say slow-dancing in the park, regardless of conversation, is a romantic thing to do, so I do think he's interested.

4. Flock of Margot

Flock of Margot New Member

You're right, I'll give him until the end of the week. I'm just really nervous about liking someone.

5. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

I'm so f**king overly terrified of myself that I sabotage any relationship I ever have. Ever.
    I get too nervous and shove people away.
    And I don't know how to stop, but I really don't want to push this guy away. I'm not like, "omg let's date!!!11" but I'd really love to stay/become good friends.
    I just hate thiiiiiiiiiiis.

6. mollyxmadness

mollyxmadness Active Member

Bella, dear. I am the exact same way. Any time someone got too close, I would sabotage it and move on. I was so afraid of getting hurt, but I realized that I've made it through worse pains, so if the relationship doesn't work out, I can make it through that, too. Give yourself the chance to be happy. You deserve it. Try your absolute hardest to not push this one away. That's all you can really do. You'll start to notice bits and pieces of flaws in him that you don't like, so you'll make the excuse not to go for it, but you have to realize that everyone has flaws, and if he's willing to put up with yours, then you should be willing to put up with his, too. That's what I've recently learned. If it works out, it works out. Try not to get nervous or anything. Don't anticipate because it'll cause you to want to back out. Just go with the flow. And if you get into a relationship with him, he'll probably annoy the hell out of you sometimes, but it's gonna be worth it.

7. xokay_nowx

I'm so shy I'll start to avoid a guy if he even starts to talk to me on a regular basis. I've done this, ummm, at least three times in the past year. So I feel ya.
    I don't necessarily want to change though because I don't want anyone to get to know me and realize what a loser I really am. I'd rather someone think I'm a snobby witch than than "omg why won't that girl go away, doesn't she know I don't like her."
    :/

8. GlowMidnight

GlowMidnight Active Member

I finally got up the courage to delete an ex of mine on Facebook. I decided to try to avoid him after hearing people's stories (who were pretty close to mine) on Loveline and Dr. Drew and Simone telling the people that they should stay away from the person if they ever want to move on. I've been basically obsessed with this guy, even though we broke up a long time ago. I can't stop myself from thinking "Well maybe if I start talking to him, he'll like me again..." I know it's not healthy and it's eating me up inside. I think it's because he was the first person I ever loved who actually loved me back, and that's why I just can't get over him. I don't know whether or not to actually tell him that I don't want to talk to him anymore or just completely ignore him and not say anything.

Well, I hope that made any sense to you guys.

9. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

I'd ignore him, but then if he asks just explain that you've found it hard moving on and this is what you need to do and you hope he can respect that etc..

10. Shannon

Shannon Active Member

My problem is that I can't get a guy. If anybody likes me, I only see him as a friend, and if I get a crush, he's obviously out of my league. I'm a bit fed up of it.

11. Alma

Alma Member

I want nothing more than to be free. but someones in love with me. I hate hurting people.. with a passion... :/

12. rubidoux.

rubidoux. princess

We flirt. A lot. And I sort of have always had a crush on him, but now I think he might like me too, and I'm just scared that I'm too awk to do anything about it. He's really sweet, and an actual boyfriend type person, instead of the "Oh I'll say we're dating but the only thing different between you and my sister is that I kiss you" boyfriend Alex was.
    Curse my anxieties.

13. Seraphim

Seraphim Active Member

Last night I was lying in bed with my boyfriend, and he rolled over and whispered to me; 'Kate... please be mine forever.'
    I didn't really know how to react so I said 'You know I can't promise you that. I don't know what's going to happen in the future.'

Is that a really terrible thing to say? I mean, WTF am I SUPPOSED to say to that? It's not that I'm opposed to the idea... I'm just being logical, I guess? I've seen it happen so many times... where two people think they're going to be together forever and that ends up not being the case.
    I hate making promises to people when I don't know if I can keep them...
    :/

14. xokay_nowx

I think you did the right thing. I mean, I would feel guilty too, but it wouldn't be fair to say you plan to be with him forever if you're not sure.

15. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

That's pretty much exactly the response I'd give. Not sure that's a good thing or not, though! x)

But no, you and Megan are right; you can't promise anything like that.

16. floydpink

floydpink Active Member

I always give my boyfriend that answer XD

17. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

I think my girlfriend understands when I reply "Of course" to that question that I mean "Of course I'll be with you forever, so long as everything goes as planned and you continue to be the person I fell in love with." We try to stay realistic...

18. Viktoria Kaulitz <3

Viktoria Kaulitz <3 New Member

He dumped me today because he thought it was awkward kissing his "best friend". He ended it in a text....How am I going to face him tomorrow??

19. Alma

Alma Member

friends with benifits. I use to think that was a bad thing. Now I dont know how I feel about it. is it soooo bad? I dont want to be in a relationship. Im no good with those. I always get paranoid and poop. its ridiculous.. I feel so weird but at the same time I dont. I feel weird because its not a thing I would do. but dont feel bad because I feel like this is the right thing to do. I have mixed feelings about this.. >.<
    friends with benifits...

20. Shannon

Shannon Active Member

I'm just so f**king sick of being single. No guys ever and I mean ever flirt with me, so I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me, but I don't exactly go anywhere to meet anyone new. I'm just fed up.