Ones Left Standing (Killjoys)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Ridea, Aug 29, 2011.

1. DeathShineXD

DeathShineXD Member

^I think Tech's my favourite :D
    More soon please xx

2. Ridea

Ridea New Member

So, while I didn't manage to give you a chapter before the long weekend here in Canada, I hope this makes up for it. Thank you to everyone who commented. This one give us both point of views. I hope you like it. Enjoy!

Also, quick warning, there's a fair amount of swearing in the second half of this chapter.

Chapter Six

He got bored. She kicked a chair, sending it flying into the wall. She was surrounded by idiots, or more importantly, she was related to one. He should have told her! While Tech usually had issues in understanding certain social requirements or norms, he should have known better to keep this from her when she and Ace had even discussed it in front of him! She paced the room before finally slowing down and taking a deep breath. It was too late now to do anything about it. The information was out, the Doctor had been notified and Poison had clearly been relieved that the kid he traveled with was okay and with Show Pony. In fact she was certain she heard him cry once she had led him back to his room and left.
    She picked up the chair, placed it by the desk and sat down. She threw her feet up on the table and stared at the white boards on the wall. One of them had the basics of the plan written out. It was something they had done numerous times but they weren't ready yet. The second board was incomplete, filled with half sketches and ideas that had been crossed out or checked.
    "You okay?"
    She turned to see Ace in the doorway of the basement. She had kept these rooms from Poison because she didn't fully trust him, not with the location of the Safe Room and the plans.
    "Yeah," she ran a hand through her hair and leaned back to stare at the ceiling. The ceilings had always been left blank in the houses because they could never reach them safely...and because the emptiness of it usually gave her a sense of peace. A reminder that she used to dream of filling every little spot with art.
    "You sure? Cause I'm pretty sure I heard a crash."
    "I'm okay, I just...it's Tech."
    Ace nodded. "I was wondering how you'd react to that. You seemed calm upstairs."
    “I’m fine.” She replied. Ace paused for a moment before moving and sitting down on the table that Prez had her feet on.
    “We’re going to be here for awhile, aren’t we?”
    Prez ran a hand through her hair again and nodded. “Taking them in…complicated things. It may give us an advantage though.” She looked up at Ace. “They’ve been in the city. We need to get every bit of information from them about what’s in there…and how many Scarecrows they have. It’ll take awhile before they heal, but we can use that. Got it?” Ace nodded and swung her feet. “We’ll stick to the original plan like we always do. It hasn’t failed us yet.”
    “Right.” Ace grinned suddenly. “Well…what do you think of him?”
    “Of who?”
    “Poison! He’s hot!”
    Prez gave a soft smile. The last time Ace had tried to talk to her about boys, it was about celebrity crushes. Prez cut down that conversation quickly with the comment that all those celebrities were probably dead or working for BL/ind. “I don’t know.” Ace stared at her, clearly unimpressed.
    “You don’t know? What’s not to know?! He has bright red hair, brown eyes…he’s hot! And he’s the leader of the Killjoys!”
    “So?”
    “So?!” Ace’s jaw dropped and she shook her head. “You’re hopeless.” Prez smiled wider. “We haven’t seen free men who weren’t your cousin since everything went down. You’re telling me as you undressed them, you didn’t think of anything dirty? Come on! You have to admit, they’re good looking.”
    “Fine,” Prez admitted with a roll of her eyes. “They’re attractive, but after years of this, any guy would be attractive.”
    “You just don’t want to admit that you want to bang them.”
    “Ace!”
    Ace laughed, “I’m right!”
    “It doesn’t matter,” Prez said. “Even if I was interested, I have more important things on my mind.” Her eyes drifted to the white boards with the plans written on them. Ace’s laugh faded. The silence pressed in on them.
    Prez saw Ace bite her lip and look away. She sighed. “What is it?” Ace took a deep breath and, after what felt like ages, finally spoke.
    “Prez…what happens after? I mean, whether or not we find her...this is the last city. Are we going to move on? Go home?”
    “We don’t have a home anymore.” Prez closed her eyes and sighed. “I don’t know Ace. I really don’t know.”

He woke up to someone shaking him. It took him a second to recognize the face above him as his eyes got adjusted to the low light.
    “Mikey?” He sat up and rubbed at his eyes. “What’s up? What are you doing out of bed?” He watched his little brother roll his eyes.
    “I think there’s something going on out there,” he nodded towards the door. “I heard yelling.” Gerard looked up towards the door. Now that it was pointed out, he could hear muffled screaming. He pushed himself off the bed, ignored how his stomach rolled and headed towards the door. Mikey followed.
    “Stay here,” he ordered.
    “Like hell,” his brother replied. “We don’t know what’s happening. I’m not letting you out of my sight.” Gerard sighed. Wasn’t it his job to look out for him?
    “Alright,” he pulled the tags off Mikey’s chest and they looped their arms around each other for balance. “Let’s go.”
    “Get off me!”
    “You know the rules. If you can’t handle it, get back to your room.”
    Prez was standing in the living room, blocking the way to the kitchen as she stared defiantly at Tech. He was glaring down at her. Gerard stopped at the end of the hallway, leaning Mikey on the wall and staying next to him. He could see Ace standing in the kitchen, the two little girls hidden behind her crying. “Ace, get them out of here,” Prez demanded, not looking away from Tech. Ace looked up and caught his eye. He sent a questioning glace to the pair in the living room but Ace shook her head, looked back at Prez and hesitated. “Now Ace!” Ace bent down, scooped the girls up and walked past the brothers in the hallway. She entered the room to the left of the one they were staying in. He turned back to watch the fight.
    “f**k YOU! YOU THINK YOU’RE THE f**kING poop BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT US HERE?! YOU THINK I NEED YOU?!” He was impressed by the way Prez stood there calmly, still blocking the doorway. He caught sight of a tick on her cheek as she clenched her jaw. “YOU THINK YOU’RE SO f**kING SMART!” He stormed up towards her and Gerard had to hold himself back. He couldn’t do anything in his state.
    “Yeah,” Prez said simply. “I do, but I wouldn’t have gotten this far without you. Go back to your room Tech.”
    “NO!” He turned and kicked the table. It flipped and landed halfway across the room. “The whole world is f**ked up Prez and you’re on some f**king suicide mission to save your dead sister. f**k YOU AND YOUR STUPID f**kING SISTER!”
    Mikey leaned in towards him. “Should….um, should we help her?” Gerard looked back at the scene.
    “f**k YOU AND YOUR f**kING KIDS!”
    His eyebrows rose as he watched Prez pull her fist back and punch Tech in the face. Tech clearly didn’t expect it and went sprawling on the floor. Gerard motioned for his brother to stay and moved closer. Prez stepped on Tech’s chest and leaned down.
    “Listen up. You’re my little cousin, and I love you, but I didn’t spend a month getting you off their drugs so you could yell at me like this. We agreed on the rules.” Her foot moved to his neck and Tech’s hands came up instantly to hold it back. “You threaten the girls one more time, and cousin or not, I will kick you out. If I have to, I will shoot you. Got it?” No one moved and Gerard watched as Tech’s eyes widened before he nodded furiously. “Good. Now get the f**k back to your room.” She removed her foot and stood up straight. Tech scrambled to stand, glaring at Prez before retreating to the other exit of the living room and heading to the hallway.
    “f**king psycho,” Gerard heard him mutter. Tech glared once he caught sight of Gerard and pushed Mikey out of the way as he stormed down the hall to his room. Gerard rushed to his brother, holding him steady and glaring where the sound of a slammed door came from. A hand landed on his shoulder.
    “Ignore him,” Prez said. Her lips pursed at the sight of Mikey and she moved past Gerard to hold his brother up. “Come on, I’ll explain.”
    He waited until she finally had Mikey back on the bed and hooked up to a heart monitor, just in case.
    “Well?” He asked as she closed the door to the room and faced him. He saw Mikey watching out of the corner of his eye.
    “Tech is my cousin. He’s not…” she shifted and ran a hand through her hair. “He has ADHD. It’s what the AD stands for in his name. He also has Aspergers. He gets distracted easily and isn’t very good at socializing, but he’s good at what he can focus on and likes…which are computers. It took me two weeks to track him down after I got the girls. He was drugged up. No one in our family was really comfortable with him so it wasn’t surprising that when BL/ind came out with their meds, they gave them to him. It took a month of almost solitary confinement before he could be…set loose. The problem is, when he’s off the meds, sometimes he gets into fits.”
    Gerard shared a look with his brother. “What kind of fits?”
    “He gets angry. There’s the possibility of him getting violent but I can usually end it quickly. He usually stays in his room anyways, so it doesn’t happen often. I’m sorry you had to see that.”
    “Is it…” the question nagged at his mind. It was strange with the amount of security she had put into keeping her nieces away from him, that she would let a teen like her cousin around them. “Is it safe for the girls? I mean, Ariel and Belle?” He watched as her expression hardened. She met his gaze.
    “I would never let anything happen to them.” He didn’t have any doubt about that. She sighed and turned back to the door. “You should get some sleep. You’ll heal faster that way.” She left and quietly closed the door after her. He lay back on the cot and stared at the blank ceiling. He wondered if maybe they just couldn’t reach it.
    “Gee?” He didn’t have to look at his brother to know what he was asking. Was it safe for them to be around a guy like her cousin?
    “I don’t know Mikey.” He closed his eyes and sighed. “I really don’t know.”

3. DeathShineXD

DeathShineXD Member

I don't like Tech as much anymore. He seems all spoilt and poop :( *sad* He will have to redeem himself in my eyes.
    More soon? xx

4. Ridea

Ridea New Member

Don't worry, Tech gets better. You'll see. The next chapter should be in a day or two. We'll see. Thanks for commenting! :D

5. Chemical 30

Chemical 30 Just 'That' Girl

Wow that was intense!
    Tech seems like he'll be very interesting
    Can't wait for more

6. Ridea

Ridea New Member

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. The next chapter is coming a bit more slowly...mostly because I have a few things to figure out and have to do some medical research (well, not too much. More like trying to remember how to use certain things I learnt in my First Aid course).

Just to let you both know, I changed a line and a bit in the previous chapter to this:

Thanks for all the support and the next chapter will be out soon!

7. Kira

Kira Member

New reader! I really like this, and can't wait for more!

8. Moonlight.

Moonlight. Member

^+1!
    I knew this would be interesting from the first post ;)

9. Ridea

Ridea New Member

Woo! New readers! That's exciting....
    Thank you to all of you who have reviewed and who like it so far. I'm so glad to hear it. :D Just a note: this will be a short chapter. Mostly because I'm just getting rid of this stomach pain, I have a Maleficent cake to make...and this week has been hell. I wanted to post this to give you an idea of what's happening. I'll make it up to y'all with chapter eight. Trust me (it'll be a good one). On that note, I hope you enjoy it none the less.

Chapter Seven

He wasn’t sure how much time had passed, only that it did. When he wasn’t sleeping, he talked to his brother. They planned what they were going to do when they were healthy enough to leave, when the others would wake up and what they knew about the people taking care of them and the dangers they possessed.
    “We don’t know them Gee. How can we be sure that they’re not…”
    “Not what Mikey?” He looked wryly at his brother. “Not spies for BL/ind? Not murders or psychopaths?” Actually, he couldn’t be too sure on the latter. Tech clearly had issues and Prez seemed to change personalities in an instant. “I doubt they’d heal us if they were just going to kill us.” He looked up at the ceiling and sighed. “I think, in the end, we have similar goals. We’ll leave once we’re healed and after that…” A shrill beeping suddenly started, prompting Gerard to jolt out of bed. He kneeled on the floor, his head pounding with every beep. The door burst open and Prez ran in, ignoring the brothers and headed to one of the bodies on the beds. He felt a hand on his shoulder and his stomach rolled as Mikey helped him stand. He took a deep breath and they watched.
    Prez shoved Ray’s blanket back, exposing his chest. She looked up at the machines and checked for a pulse.
    “poop!” She cursed and placed her hands on his chest. Five pumps and then she was kissing him…no, wait. It took a second for him to realise she was doing CPR. “ACE!” She yelled. They moved back Ace slid in through the door. “Get me the defib pack! Now!” Ace ran out.
    “What? Is he alright?” He asked, looking at her as she continued the chest compressions. He didn’t get an answer. Ace ran back in the room with a small bag. She took everything out and helped move Ray onto his side. They watched as Prez took on of the patches and put it on his back. The other was on the front of his chest, over his heart.
    “Charge it,” she said. The brothers looked at each other in shock.
    “What’s going on?” The small voice came from the door and he looked over to see Ariel standing there with Belle slightly behind her. “Auntie?”
    “Get them out of here!” The lights flickered as Prez yelled. “Again!” Ariel looked up at him.
    “What’s wrong? Is he okay?”
    “Uh…”
    “We don’t know,” his brother answered for him.
    “Auntie!” Belle called out. Prez looked over her shoulder and at him.
    “Poison, get them out of here!” He opened his mouth to protest. This was his friend who was in trouble. He had to be here. “…Please.” He swallowed his argument and nodded, ushering the girls out and leaving Mikey to keep an eye on what was going on.

He sat on the couch, hearing the noises from down the hall. He couldn’t make out the words though and his head was swimming from the effort. The eldest girl, Ariel, was watching him while her sister drew on the wall by the blank TV. He put his head between his knees and took a deep breath. Anything to keep him from throwing up.
    “You okay?” Ariel was looking at him curiously, head tilted to the side.
    “I will be.”
    “Are you sick?” Her nose scrunched up at the thought and he gave a small smile.
    “Yeah, I guess you could say that.” Her eyes lit up and she called over for Belle. “Lie down,” she ordered. He raised his eyebrows at her. She grinned at him. “We’ll make you better.” Belle cheered. Ariel started ordering her sister around and they both pushed him to lie down. So he did. He had a feeling he was going to regret this.

10. Chemical 30

Oh dear not Ray!
    But the girls are very cute ;)

11. Moonlight.

Moonlight. Member

*edge of my seat*
    Come on, Ray, be okay!!

12. DeathShineXD

DeathShineXD Member

No! You can't kill off Ray! Just because....well you can't!! :D
    Are the girls gunna put make-up on Gerard?! XD
    More?

13. Ridea

Ridea New Member

First, thank you to everyone who has been reading and who has reviewed on this. I'm sorry about the delay in an update. Things have been crazy...mostly in the sense I've been really sick. I had to get tests and stuff done and I'm still waiting for the results. I'm only now beginning to feel like normal again. So, to celebrate that (and hopefully not jinx myself) here's the next chapter. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter Eight

When the siren went off, she shot up instantly and looked for the threat. It took a couple seconds to realise that it was the sound of one of the heart monitors alerting them that someone’s heart had stopped. She was moving before she could think.
    She barely realised that she had started CPR until she heard herself call for Ace. She hadn’t run on instinct like this in a long time and it was startling. Usually it only happened when her nieces were in danger. She pushed the thought out of her mind as Ace came in with the defibrillator. She could feel the anxiety roll off in waves from the two men who were awake. She had to ignore that too.
    Ace and her worked together to get the man turned and the patches stuck to him. They never had to use it before and she prayed that it would work. “Charge it!” she demanded, going back into the necessary compressions until they could start it. Something moved out of the corner of her eye and she heard Ariel call out. They couldn’t be here. If it all went south…well she spent years protecting them. They thought she was invincible. She couldn’t have them watch a man die because she couldn’t save him. She had only one choice. In the face of saving a man from death, she had to trust someone else to watch her nieces. The charge was set and the lights flickered as the defibrillator went to work. “Get them out of here!” She checked the machine for his pulse. Still nothing. “Again!” She tried to remain calm, even though she felt exactly like Ace who was muttering under her breath. Ariel called out to her again. She looked over her shoulder and met Poison’s eyes.
    “Poison, get them out of here!” She looked briefly to check that the next charge was set. She locked eyes with him again. He looked like he was going to protest and she begged as well as she could in the circumstances. “Please.” She caught part of his nod as she turned back to his friend. A small set of beeps could be heard from the machine.
    “Oh thank god,” she heard Ace mutter. She couldn’t help but agree.

Ace cleared up the defib pack while Prez looked over Jet Star. His pulse was steady now, and there was no fever setting in.
    “Is he going to be okay?” Ace and her both jumped at the voice. She took her hand off of her holster as she realised that the other one that was awake, Kobra Kid, was leaning against the door.
    “Yeah,” she answered softly. “I think so. We’ll have him on watch, but…that’s hopefully it.” She watched him run a hand through his hair and sigh, relaxing fully against the wall.
    “Good,” a voice came from the bed next to the one she had been working on. “Now who the f**k are you?” The man lying there stared at her in confusion, his eyes barely open.
    “Frank!” Kobra moved forwards suddenly and stumbled. Ace caught him and led him over to the bed. “Finally! Was wondering if you’d ever wake up!”
    “’s cool,” his voice slurred. “What the f**k happened?” Prez looked at Kobra.
    “I’ll let you take care of this one. Let us know if you need anything.” She glanced over the machines and headed out of the room. Ace followed slightly behind after making sure that Kobra could stand on his own.
    “Well that was fun,” Ace cracked. Prez glared back at her before stopping suddenly at the doorway to the living room. She blinked to make sure it was real and then cracked up laughing. “Prez?!” Ace sounded shocked but Prez couldn’t stop. She held her stomach and leaned against the doorway for support. Lying on the couch was Poison, wrapped in bandages with band-aids plastered over him, a cloth over his head and a thermometer sticking out of his mouth. Ariel, it looked, was trying to convince him to take some of the cough syrup that had expired months ago that they still hadn’t thrown out. Belle was trying to fluff his pillow with his head still lying on it. “Oh my…” She heard Ace snort behind her and then laugh.
    Once she finally got a hold of herself, wiping traces of tears from her eyes, Prez stood up and tried not to smile.
    “Girls,” she tried to keep her stern voice from cracking. She focused on the children instead of Poison who was looking up at her with hope.
    “Auntie!” Both girls dropped what they were doing and ran to her. She sighed and bent down to face them.
    “Is the boy okay?” Ariel asked. She felt Ace move past her and saw her scoop up the fallen cough syrup before helping free Poison.
    “Yes, he’s okay.” Ariel and Belle cheered. “But,” she quickly spoke up, “what on earth were you doing to Poison?”
    “He’s sick!” Belle said. “We make ‘im betta!” She couldn’t stop the small smile that emerged at the girl’s words. Prez looked up to where Poison was now sitting up.
    “Well, he looks better.”
    “Really!?” The girls turned to face him and he held out his arms.
    “She’s right! You cured me!”
    They looked to her for affirmation. She nodded.
    “He’s right.” The girls cheered and raced over and hugged Poison. His eyes widened and he froze for a second before finally moving, slowly hugging them back. “All right girls,” they pulled away and stared at her. She ignored the way Poison was staring at the floor in front of him in shock. “It’s time to get ready for bed.”
    “Aww…” they protested but went anyways on the promise of a story.
    Prez stood up; smile fading from her face as she brushed off her clothes. She looked at Poison. “You okay?” He didn’t respond. She shared a look with Ace who touched him on the shoulder. He looked up startled, pulled from whatever thoughts that were dragging him away. She repeated the question.
    “Oh, uh…yeah. Sure. How’s R—Jet Star?”
    “He’s okay. Still asleep, but that’s to be expected. You’re other friend, however, is awake.”
    “Ghoul? Really?!” He stood up, paused for a moment and moved towards the hall. He stopped just before he passed her and she looked up at him quizzically. He swooped down and hugged her tightly before letting go. She froze and felt her eyes widen in shock. He grinned at her. “Thank you.” He turned and walked quickly down the hall. She watched him walk down the hall, wondering what the hell just happened as Ace appeared next to her.
    “Look’s like someone’s got a crush….” Ace sing-songed. Prez rolled her eyes.
    “Not likely.” She heard Ace sigh before she headed down the hall to put the girls to bed. Hopefully she’d get some sleep as well tonight. The plan commenced tomorrow.

14. Moonlight.

Moonlight. Member

laughed my butt off!:clap:

15. DeathShineXD

DeathShineXD Member

LOL That i did NOT expect. The Littles made him better :D
    Oooer, Prez and Party. Niiiccceeeeeeee xx

16. Ridea

Ridea New Member

So, after a bit of a wait, here's the next chapter. Thank you everyone who's been reading this and who's commented. I truly do appreciate it. I do hope you enjoy this chapter. There's a bit of a twist towards the end when you hear from someone who isn't Prez or Poison. Let me know what you think.

Chapter Nine

After spending most of the night talking with Mikey and Frank, all of them thanking God that they had somehow survived, he drifted in and out of sleep. He kept dreaming of Gracie and Corse. None of it made sense, but he when he awoke, all he was left with was an overwhelming feeling that they had failed. It was only when the door opened and Prez walked in that he remembered what had really happened. He was surprised when Ace followed her in and wondered briefly who was watching the little ones. Both of the girls sat on the floor and Gerard struggled to sit up and face them.
    “We need to talk,” Prez said quietly. He looked around and saw Frank watching the girls with interest. Mikey, it seemed, was still asleep.
    Ace had a notebook in hand and she opened it before pulling out a pen and tapping it on the paper. Prez looked at her until she stopped tapping and then met Gerard’s eyes. “I need you to tell me everything you know of Battery City.”
    He looked quickly at Frank and narrowed his eyes at Prez. “Why?” Ace sighed and shifted. Prez didn’t look surprised at his suspicion.
    “Because I like to know everything possible about threats to us. While we’ve done our own research, I’d like your input.” She leaned forwards. “I want to know everything you know. I want the city’s layout, I want to know everything you know about the Scarecrows and I want to know who’s in charge.”
    “Why the layout?” The rest of it made sense to him, but not that. Why would she need to know the layout of the city if she wanted to protect her nieces?
    “Information is power, no matter what the situation. I’d rather know everything that I can…just in case.” There was something off, he realised. She was staring at him intently and he could see Ace looking resigned. Frank, he noticed was frowning and he was certain that Mikey was awake when he caught sight of a hand twitch. Still…they owed these girls their lives. He’d indulge her and give the information, but he wouldn’t just forget about it. One of them would find out the truth.
    “Okay,” he nodded slowly. “There’s one Scarecrow in charge of the city. His name is Corse…”

Prez and Ace stared at the boards that had their plans up. They had imputed the new information and once done, gave the notebook over to Tech to copy and look through. Still, Prez couldn’t help but wonder if this was enough.
    “When are you going?” Ace asked quietly. Prez sighed and looked at her friend. They had been together through everything; whether it was boys, mean girls, family and even each other. Their friendship had only really been tested during the years that BL/ind took over the world.
    “I’m not sure. I have to wait for Tech to get the Ids ready, and the cameras. I want him to send another shockwave through the system when I enter just in case.”
    “I wish you didn’t have to do this,” she looked at Ace and smiled. They had fought over this before. Each time felt like the last and yet it always repeated. She didn’t want to fight again.
    “It’s the last one. I’ll be fine.” She smiled at Ace, ignoring the overwhelming fear that tried to consume her every time she thought about it. She couldn’t be herself when she was out there. She had adapted to survive and she had to use everything she learnt to stay safe.
    “What if…” Ace stopped herself. They had that conversation before too. What if she didn’t make it? What if her sister isn’t there? What if, what if, what if. There were too many ‘what if’s to think about. “They won’t agree.” She looked at Ace in confusion. “Poison and the others. Once they know why you wanted the information, they won’t let you go. Not alone.” Prez looked away.
    “Then I’ll have to go while they can’t do anything about it.” Prez stared at the boards. The plan was simple and they had gone through it a hundred of times in other cities. She wouldn’t fail. “Besides,” she looked at Ace. “Who’s going to tell them? Once Jet Star wakes up and can move, they’ll be gone. Poison already is nearly healed.” She paused at that thought. Once they were gone, she was left alone again with Ace, Tech and her nieces. She prayed that Ace wouldn’t leave to join them. Tech she knew wouldn’t go, but Ace…Ace could go and have the possibility of freedom, of not being weighed down to two kids she wasn’t related to. She wouldn’t blame Ace for leaving, no matter how much she would want her to stay. If she had the option, she’d probably go too.
    “—act?”
    “Huh?” Prez looked up at the sound of Ace’s voice. “Sorry, what’d you say?”
    “…Nothing.” Ace’s smile was forced. “Don’t worry about it.” She watched as Ace turned and walked up the stairs.
    “If only it was that easy,” she muttered before turning back to the plans and forcing all thoughts about Ace and the men upstairs out of her head.

Ace sat on the counter, watching the girls play with their dolls. The dolls were old, the original clothes had fallen apart and since both her and Prez were terrible with a needle, the dolls wore bandages as dresses. They had played it off as fashionable at first and it was only once Ariel agreed to it that Belle stopped crying for new clothes for the toy. Ariel, in true big sister fashion, looked out for her sister…much like Ace was trying to look out for Prez. The girl in the basement would have been long lost to the idea she created to become Prez if it wasn’t for Ace. Ace did her best to keep Prez grounded, to remind her that they had been 20 once and full of hope instead of being nearly 30 and having done the things they have for survival. f**k, they were nearly 30. That thought alone was depressing, and all the more reason that Ace had to step up once again and save her friend. Ace believed in fate and she was pretty sure it wasn’t just Tech who had brought the Killjoys into their lives. This could be the chance she’s been waiting for: a new life and a new family. It could be possible in this world, even with BL/ind. They had survived on their own so far…their chances could only increase if they worked together. Besides, she thought, the men were hot and god knew that she needed to get laid. In fact, so did Prez…not that she’d ever admit it. That might be the thing that could finally make the girl relax. Ace smothered a laugh at the thought of it and the fantasy faded back into real life. Prez would never let someone that close to her…but if she could convince both Prez and Poison that they’d have a higher chance of survival if they worked together…then fate might intercede again. She hoped. She sighed, knowing her hopes were futile and hopped off the counter and headed towards the girls. Belle was now crying because Ariel had stolen her marker. Sometimes, it seemed, being the bigger sister meant taking what she wanted and out of everything so far, Ace just really wanted something different from this life.

17. Moonlight.

Moonlight. Member

Very informative.
    Prez is planning something (again)?
    And so is Ace!
    What happens next?

18. Ridea

Ridea New Member

Everyone's planning something! The question is...what?
    And what if the plans don't coincide? DRAMA! (sorry, I'm a bit hyper now, lol. Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you like it!)

19. DeathShineXD

DeathShineXD Member

Oooer, poop's about to hit the fan ima thinking :D

20. Chemical 30

Sorry missed two chapters!
    Both were great, plans are a brewing ahah
    Can't wait for more