mcr secrets?

Discussion in 'General Rock Discussion' started by RIOT!, Dec 13, 2006.

1. GlowMidnight

GlowMidnight Active Member

I kind of hate the fact that I don't know where I'd be without them.
    I own lot of their shirts and posters and such, and I've made countless numbers of friends because of them.
    It's gotten to to the point where I can't go 5 minutes without thinking about them. It's not like I want to marry any of them, I just think that they'll great people who make great music.
    I try to tell my self that I'm not obsessed, but a part of me still says that I am.
    If they weren't a part of my life I would be a completely different person and never would have met my best friends.
    And that scares me sometimes.

2. kadoodle

kadoodle crazy cat lady Staff Member

Today's secret? That my 2 year old daughter cracked the sads with me for playing "I'm not okay, I promise" in the car, when she wanted to hear "Huh-leena, mummy".

I've indoctrinated the poor little bugger.

3. BlackWays

BlackWays New Member

I'm so happy whenever i find another fan,i feel warm and fuzzy:)

4. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

Notice the ''incredibly selfish'' bit?
    I'm talking about the overreacting fans, I can understand it - don't get me wrong, but they would even collect their poo if they had the chance to.

Also, I'd like to add that MCR is so completely different than what I normally listen to. I shouldn't compare the two but I can't help it. I'm not used to go to gigs and see a few hundred people standing there all day for a good spot. It's a bit too U2-ish for me.

5. Shannon

Shannon Active Member

I've seen MCR four times and have never felt like one of the crowd. Call me whatever, but I hate how a lot of fans - certainly not all - feel they need all of their hair and eyeliner a certain way to fit in. I've never fitted in anywhere, least of all an MCR gig!
    I guess what I've saying is, you're not shallow at all, to each their own. At the end of the day, it's about the music, not what you look like. :)

This is actually adorable.

6. GuitarFreak77

GuitarFreak77 New Member

Right but just because it's not the way you would do things calling others pathetic for it is just not necessary. It doesn't make you any better than anyone else. I get that this thread is for secrets and I can even tolerate the negative thoughts about the band but I do get sick of people assuming all fans are 'fan girls' Getting there early does not mean we want to 'collect MCR's poo!' It just means we paid good money to travel (as they never come to my town) so we want to be able to see the people on the god damned stage!!!

7. Live4LyricsCM

Live4LyricsCM New Member

I feel EXACTLY like this. It scares me too. I honestly have no idea where I would be without their music, and that's a scary thought.

8. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

I think I should have made my point better. The venues in The Netherlands are real tiny, and you can be at the barrier real easy - even when you arrive half an hour beforehand. My comment was pretty much just getting rid of my frustrations the day after I saw them live.

Also, someone in this thread mentioned that she isn't going to see MCR on this tour because of all the hipsters. That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Maybe I was a bit harsh and when I read my comment back I should have made myself more clear.

9. GuitarFreak77

GuitarFreak77 New Member

^I guess I've been known to do that too.

In those circumstances I probably wouldn't wait all day either. What happens around here a lot is ppl that get there at the last minute and elbow their way through everyone. the only way I can be up close is to be at the barrier because I get freaked out in all of those people if I don't have something to hang on to. I tried to be happy being two rows back at one show and these to girls at the barricade kept getting all pissed at me for shoving but it was actually everyone behind pushing me into them. They kept throwing their butts out and knocking me further back then laughing about it.

But that's not just at MCR shows I've been going to shows for about 20 years now and you run into that with all kinds of fans unfortunately. :/

10. kadoodle

kadoodle crazy cat lady Staff Member

^^That^^

I mean, there's one or two dickheads in every crowd. I had a couple of boys try to pull me into a loo and do God knows what at a Green Day concert when I was fifteen (was rescued by other fans). A girlfriend was pushed down a flight of stairs at MEN arena for dancing at a Kylie Monogue gig (yeah, I know, there's no accounting for taste).

11. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

When I saw My Chem on saturday there were two people in front of me who just couldn't stop talking. They were talking so loudly that when Gerard said something I couldn't even hear and understand him. Also, the guy was totally hitting on the girl, which was quite funny but also a bit annoying.

12. Miz Erie

Miz Erie Black Mariah Staff Member

I'm going in May to see them. My husband got me a ticket for my 30th birthday, since it was all I asked for. My secret has been discussed on here recently...

I have 3 kids and I can't just go down a whole day early (If I had the ability to camp out, I WOULD SO DO IT!!). So I plan to go down as soon as I can, but I do plan to try and wiggle my way a little closer if I have to. I've never been to a concert (of any sort) and probably never will get to again. (There aren't words to explain how special of an event this is for me.) I know that sound really selfish, but I am only doing the best I can with the situation I'm in. Hopefully, I'll be close enough to the stage after standing in line for 5 hours, but somehow I doubt it. Plus, here lately, Frank has been making special effort to come out after the show, so I plan to stick around afterwards.

One more secret... I'm really upset they aren't coming to my metro area. We have a huge arena that hosts everything from Monster Trucks, WWE, and the Barnum and Bailey circus to just recently Prince and *shudders* Bieber (I didn't leave the house that night; I was scared to). If they ever came here is the only way I'd ever get to go see them again.

13. Black Fog

Black Fog New Member

I was on my computer at 9am and I knew that MCR tickets were going for sale at 10am so I got my mommy's credit card and bought a ticket.xP I couldnt keep it a secret from her but my dad still doesn't know.xp Cant wait to see them in may!

14. Sussak

Sussak Guest

I haven't posted on this thread in so long. But after I had sort of a little aversion towards The Black Parade, I started listening to them non-stop all over again. When Danger Days came out I felt like I was re-discovering the band.

I don't know, it's like, whenever I'm upset or angry or aggro, I listen to them... no matter the song, no matter the album, and it makes me smile. It makes me remember when I first listened to their demo, when I first went to one of their gigs, etc.

Okay, that is all :3