mcr secrets?

Discussion in 'General Rock Discussion' started by RIOT!, Dec 13, 2006.

1. kadoodle

kadoodle crazy cat lady Staff Member

Exactly. I mean, plenty of rock stars have had families before now. Greenday used to take their kids on tour and they'd be teenagers themselves by now, same with Coldplay, Pennywise, Pearl Jam and who knows however many other bands that aren't kids themselves.

2. Xxmad_hatterxX

Xxmad_hatterxX Active Member

My Chemical Romance is aggravating me, a bit. Well, more like I'm aggravated with myself for liking them. They're not the greatest band ever, and I know that. Hell, Gerard's voice can use a little tuning if you get what I mean. But, I can't not like them.
    It's maddening I tell you, maddening.
    It's like, everytime I have a mini epiphany about myself, they're always there, in the background. I just can't ever seem to escape them.

I love them...but at the same time I hate them. It's f**king confusing.

3. mollyxmadness

mollyxmadness Active Member

^^
    I know exactly how you feel. Over the summer, I was so pissed at them for ruining 6 years of my life. Like, I literally had no life because they influenced what I wore and how I talked, and not many people wanted to befriend me because of it.
    But now I'm back to loving them openly again.
    I think the love/hate things cycles a bit more for me, though.

4. YouKnowYouLoveMe

YouKnowYouLoveMe New Member

I've only met Bob and Frank,not the rest.

5. Yeah this one is my secret. Basically. Please don't get mad at me for the third one. :3

6. A lot of bands that tour do have families. Examples are Green Day, Nickelback, Bon Jovi, Coldplay, Daughtry. A lot of the time, the wives and kids do come with them. The tour legs themselves aren't as long, but they still tour. No way is this MCR's last album or tour. They'll be back.

7. Xxmad_hatterxX

Xxmad_hatterxX Active Member

I wish Gerard would stop saying "high concept".
    Or maybe it's the damn interviewer. They should stop asking those damn questions that make him say it.
    Either way, it's starting to annoy me.

8. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

I tend to mentally smack myself every time I mention MCR to my friends because I talk about them all the time. I'm not even the annoying fan-girl type... I just always bring up interesting quotes or their personal views and stuff. I think my friends are really tired of hearing "Gerard says:" or "Frank did this one time:" but I just can't help myself. Gah. *facepalm*

9. Shannon

Shannon Active Member

I don't obsess like I did when I was a new fan, but I appreciate their music now more than ever. I genuinelly love them even more as time goes on.

10. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

I hate their fans.
    They camp overnight for no reason, I know it's fun and such but please, it's kinda pathetic.
    I care about the band alot and I hate the fact so many people/fans want something from them.
    Last night, after the gig, I was hoping I would bump into them and talk for a few minutes about music, touring, anything really.
    But there were so many fangirls waiting around.. They are one of the reasons why the band doesn't show their faces after gigs. I know that what I'm asking is incredibly selfish but it would mean the world to me. I need these kind of moments with my favorite bands to get going again. Music and going to gigs mean the world to me.

11. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

I'm not a huge MCR fan anymore, but I do that with the bands I like now, and I kind of hate myself for it.

Here's a secret: I'm not going to the gig in May because I don't want to be around all the emo/scene/hipster fandom. I'm really over that stuff. I dress like a normal person now. I don't own black eyeliner.
    If that makes me shallow, so be it. I just don't care.

12. Dust Angel

^Not shallow at all. It just proves that your style and priorities have changed.

I hate being obsessive about MCR, but I guess it's just my way of showing myself and others how much I like them.

And I'm not too torn up about it, 'cause I'm still not (nor will I ever be) the type of girl who's like "love my band or I'll f**king kill your family!" lmao.

13. xokay_nowx

I don't get those people. Like, I love Marilyn Manson, but I don't know if I really consider myself a fan because most of his fans will fight to the death to prove he's some kind of omnipotent being. And I'm not like that at all.

Maybe I was like that about MCR, at one point. But I don't remember. It's been so long.

14. Dust Angel

Haha, nice.
    I've never been prepared to physically defend MCR.
    It's not like they'd ever be around to congratulate me on being a good fan.
    It's pointless lmao.

15. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

You hate that people want something from them? But then you say that you wanted to wait so that you could have a few minutes of their time, to talk to them or whatever. So... YOU want something from them.
    You were going to wait, but there were too many other people waiting. All those people waiting were fangirls? Surely that makes you at least an almost-fangirl for wanting to wait?
    How do you even know that they were fangirls? Did you just judge them instantly? Maybe some of them were, but chances are, most weren't.

Yours is honestly the most hypocritical post I think I've ever seen on this thread (and trust me, this thread has seen a lot of poop). I don't understand how you can condemn people for wanting something for them and then immediately follow it by saying you want something for them!
    Did you read it through before you posted it?

16. GuitarFreak77

GuitarFreak77 New Member

Just curious, how is camping out pathetic? I've been to shows where ppl have traveled to see them and are camping out because they spent all the money they had on tickets and travel and can't afford to stay in a hotel. Also I've never camped over night but I do tend to get to shows pretty early in the morning. I've had a lot of fun doing that and meeting other fans. (that were not fan girls)

In Salt Lake City in '08 I even got to meet Frank that way. The lines were right next to where the bus was parked and he came out and spent several minutes talking with ppl, posing for pics (even though we were told to put cameras away) He went mostly un-detected so there were only about 10 to 15 of us.

Getting there early is the only way I'd have a chance of getting a decent spot. I like to be up front at shows and I have no respect for the ones that show up 10 minutes before showtime and elbow their way up front thinking they're entitled to the spot I waited all day for.

17. xokay_nowx

Good lesson in not judging people.

18. Dust Angel

^Agreed.

I can understand certain fans being a bit more... out there, than others, but MCR has made it very clear that they love each and every one of them. Even when they're at certain acoustic meet-and-greet type events, and the 'host' so-to-speak brings it to the band's attention that their fans are 'crazy', Gerard defends them and tells the fans they're all beautiful.

One of the main reasons I love MCR.

19. xokay_nowx

MCR has always been an outsiders' club; it shouldn't be about who's "cool."
    And they damn well better appreciate each and every one of their fans; it's those "crazy" fans that are paying their mortgages.

20. Dust Angel

That last part made me crack up XD
    Very, very true, though. lol.