mcr secrets?

Discussion in 'General Rock Discussion' started by RIOT!, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Xxmad_hatterxX

Xxmad_hatterxX Active Member

I guess...still not all that happy about it though. But as long as he's not completely wasted when I (hopefully) see them live, it's none of my business, really. It's his life and I can't change that.

2. kadoodle

kadoodle crazy cat lady Staff Member

I'm pretty dirty on Gerard for hitting the bottle again. I thought he had more between the ears than to tempt fate like that.

3. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

"The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak"...

4. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

Because I only became interested in My Chemical Romance a few months ago I wonder how he was before he got sober?
    Was he really a true alcoholic or whenever he drank something he just couldn't stop?
    Because I heard him say that others were more concerned about his drinking than he was. That it became an ''huge f**king elephant'' that stood between him and the others.

5. xokay_nowx

It's not my belief that he was ever a true alcoholic. Others disagree.

If you want to know about the period of time before he became sober, which was in summer 2004, not sure anymore if it was July or August, watch Life on the Murder Scene. The DVD set includes a little documentary of the band up until when it was released, which I think was 2006?

Basically it entailed Gerard being drunk all the time to the point of embarrassing himself onstage, slurred speech, etc...

Funny thing is, true alcoholics have built a tolerance so high that they are on alcohol whenever you're around them, but you'll never know it because it's not enough to get them drunk anymore.

6. Artemis

Artemis New Member

You're wrong.

Alcholics just have to be dependent on drinking. They need a drink. From watching Life on The Murder Scene where he had to drink every night before he went on stage, and how much he drank and the effects it had on his day to day life. Yes, he was an alcoholic.

To top it off, it's pretty evident that Gerard knows himself more than anyone else. He has come out and said he's an alcoholic, so if anyone knows he does.

The only reason I'm saying this at all is because people have misunderstandings. You don't even need to get drunk every day to be classed as an "alcoholic." You just need to be dependent on it.

No, I'm not a Doctor - but I'm pretty sure Gerard visited one at some point to be confirmed. There's also no "true" alcoholics, just alcoholics that have been drinking longer and so have got used to the effects of alcohol.

MCR secret - I think MCR will break up after this album.

7. Kaytea

Kaytea TSoSP

Such as him, himself?

8. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

Found one - is this the correct tracklisting?

Disc 1:
    1. Life Of The Murder Scene - Dvd Disc 1 Documentary

Disc 2:
    1. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) (Live At Starland Ballroo
    2. Cemetery Drive (Live At Starland Ballroom) (Video)
    3. Our Lady Of Sorrows (Live At Starland Ballroom) (V
    4. Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of
    5. You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison (L
    6. Headfirst For Halos (Live At Starland Ballroom) (V
    7. The Ghost Of You (Live From Mtv2 2$bill)
    8. Thank You For The Venom (Live At Starland Ballroom
    9. Give 'Em Hell, Kid (Live From Mtv2 2$bill) (Video)
    10. Vampires Will Never Hurt You (Live At Starland Bal
    11. Helena (Live Video) (From Starlight Ballroom)
    12. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) (Live On Conan O'Brien) (
    13. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) (From Mtv Discover & Do
    14. Helena (Live At Aol Sessions) (Video)
    15. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) (Live At Aol Sessions) (V
    16. The Ghost Of You (Live At Aol Sessions) (Video)
    17. You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison (L
    18. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) (Live At Launch) (Video)
    19. Helena (Live At Launch) (Video)
    20. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) (Video)
    21. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) (Video) (New Edit W/ Dial
    22. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) (Making Of The Video)
    23. Helena (Video)
    24. Helena (Making Of The Video)
    25. The Ghost Of You (Video)
    26. The Ghost Of You (Making Of The Video)

9. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

Looks about right to me :)

10. Xxmad_hatterxX

I thought they should've broken up after tbp. Not that Danger Days is crap, 'cus it isn't. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they did...I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't be surprised.

11. xokay_nowx

PartyPoison: yeah, that's right. :)

12. Xxmad_hatterxX

I'm not as angry about Gerard drinking again as I was when I found out.
    For almost a week I could barely look at him...
    And then I realized my father is an alcholic as well. And yet, he never gets wasted like he used to when I was younger. Heck, he's only gotten drunk 3 times this year at the most. He can't quit, but he sure as hell tried to. And I love him for that.<3

So yes, I guess you can say I've sort of forgiven Gee. Not that it affected him in any way, me being angry at him I mean. But still, I can say I admire the singer of my favorite band again. :)

13. Rosie

Rosie New Member

There's a tubmlr (mcr secrets) and in all honesty, the majority of those posts piss the f**k out of me. Just knowing that there are crazy, possessive fan-girls that think they own these guys and hate on their wives/girlfriends because "they stole them" or "they don't deserve them". I'm certain that they f**king deserve whoever they love and never stole them from a pitiful teenage girl.

14. Thumbelina

I've seen that tumblr and I went through like, twenty pages of it and I don't recall seeing a single one that said they hated a wife/the wives or girlfriends for 'stealing' the boys or because they don't 'deserve them'. There were lots of 'I'm so jealous of their wife/gf' and 'I'm in love with them/you' ones, but, yeah, never one hating on their wives/girlfriends.
    ?

15. PlanetaryGoGo

PlanetaryGoGo Media Division

Well, there's a @geewithoutlynz on Twitter tweeting about not liking Lynz and not wanting her to be with Gerard. *shrugs*

16. Thumbelina

Oh yeah, I wasn't denying that there are people out there who think that and I certainly wasn't agreeing with any of them or condoning the behaviour or anything of the sort. I was just saying that I hadn't seen any on that mcr-secrets tumblr.

17. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

Who gives a poop anyways. I used to get angry at those people but I've given up. It's not worth it anymore, and most of them are really young who don't even have a clue of how love works.

18. I came on this thread wondering what it was..........I read the last few pages and found out I hate the thread. Im just wondering......how do you all know that this stuff is true, not just some bullcrap rumors (mostly about the drinkg and such) that somene made up trying to piss people off? I know people may hate me for this comment, but I guess I just needed to ask.

19. mollyxmadness

mollyxmadness Active Member

Listening to the revenge album makes me wanna kill everybody who made me miserable in highschool.
    And fight people.

20. Thumbelina

^
    ^re: him drinking. Gerard said it himself in (I think) a SPIN article.

Next time you decide to hate something for being ill-informed, make sure YOU actually ARE informed, yourself, eh?