mcr secrets?

Discussion in 'General Rock Discussion' started by RIOT!, Dec 13, 2006.

1. mollyxmadness

mollyxmadness Active Member

I had become very angry with them over the course of their break.
    I thought that they had ruined my life, because I had spent 6 years of it devoted to them, with hardly any friends, and this obsession that was taking over.

And now I realized that it's true.

They did ruin my life.

In the best possible way.

Because if I had never found them, I would have had a life. I would have had a lot of friends, and went to a lot of parties, and probably had a whole lot of fun.
    But I never would have found myself. I wouldn't have been myself. MCR gave me the courage to do that.

2. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

You realise most of the posts in this thread are years old? And (for most people) probably not that relevant anymore?
    I mean, I have to assume that you do realise that, because how could you not? This thread has totally popped up out of the ether after ages of being dead and you clearly went back and looked at old posts to arrive at that conclusion.
    So, basically, what you're doing is just pointlessly, needlessly insulting a bunch of people.

I think, here, Kyo, the maxim of "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" applies. I mean, really?

3. mollyxmadness

Is it wrong for people to express something that's important to them?

I'm sorry. I thought that was the point of this thread.

No, they didn't save my life. And yes, I would have had a life if I had never have found them. But they introduced me to their fans, and then I finally felt like I belonged.

4. Artemis

Artemis New Member

I wasn't being mean. Say what the band means to you, just why be all dramatic about it? Like, what will I do when this band breaks up/ect, they mean everything to me!

Why not say something happy like "Their awesome!" It's not being mean, just a comment. Everyone just puts really depressing stuff, is all.

I won't start arguing, because like you said, it's how people feel. But I wasn't trying to insult, I just find it weird how people are all morbid about them.

5. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

When people care alot about something or someone they are afraid of losing it.
    And that fear is what this thread is about.
    Also, maybe alot of people weren't feeling too happy before they became supporters of MCR (not a fan of the word ''fan''). And MCR has lightened up their lifes, made them think they are worth it - that they do matter and that they are beautiful people. MCR is more than four/five individuals making music together, they inspire you by believing in yourself and not f**king care about other people's opinions.

You express your love for a band by saying they're awesome. Others express their love by saying ''they've saved me''. Not liking the whole morbid thing either, but that's more because I'm not like that at all and can not really relate to it.

6. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

Kyo:

a) Kind of ironic to find it odd to be morbid about a band that is in itself very morbid,
    b) The thread is called "MCR Secrets" for a reason. If someone wants to say, like for example, the new video for "SING" is awesome, he or she will feel safe doing that in the appropriate thread, because a lot of people feel the same way. This was supposed to be a thread to talk about personal feelings about the band one may not feel comfortable expressing elsewhere.

If you don't like the thread, I recommend that you don't read it.

7. mollyxmadness

Gerard Way.

I would f**k him.
    I would f**k him violently.
    He'd probably cry.

I hate objectifying men. Especially band members that I respect a lot.
    Physical attraction is not at all the reason I'm into MCR.

But damn, if given the chance...

That is probably my most embarrassing thought. My own filthy secret. MCR related, anyway. And I tell myself I'm saving my virginity for someone I'm in love with...

8. CarbonCaptive

CarbonCaptive New Member

I don't find this thread "morbid"- I find it inspiring.

Also, I'd like to add my own secret, which I haven't exactly made a "banner" for, because I don't even know how that would work for my secret.... but, damn. My Chemical Romance helped me through the... loss... of my long-term boyfriend a few years back. and by loss I mean... he's no longer living.

9. Xxmad_hatterxX

Xxmad_hatterxX Active Member

I don't know if me laughing at this a little is all that nice. You did say it was your most embarassing thought...so sorry for that. But damn, the way you said it, especially the beginning, makes it kinda lol-worthy.

Sometimes I feel like I need to hate them. For turning me into a brainless fangirl in a matter of seconds, for giving me a very rude awakening about who I was...or rather, trying to be, for making me spend my time here and not somewhere teens are expected to be.
    Especially after hearing that Gerard's been drinking again. I was so...so angry at him. Just...ugh! It's like now that he's got his wife & kid he's seen the light or something and decided that he didn't need to stay sober...or "save" kid's lives for that matter.

-EDIT-

That made perfect sense in my head...not so much in the post. Oh well.

10. xokay_nowx

Secret: When I read Gerard was drinking again, I felt a sick sense of satisfaction that what I had been speculating was indeed correct.

It's like I need him to fail.

11. mollyxmadness

I laughed at it myself. Right after I thought it. But I didn't want people to think I was objectifying him. Which...I kind of am. But still.

I was just embarrassed because I don't normally have thoughts like that...or at least express them. I'm painfully innocent and nobody thinks of me as very sexually open or anything. So it's a pretty strange thing for me to say. But damn... I would hit that with the fist of an angry god. Ruin him for all other women.

And as for the second part. I know how you feel. I got a rude awakening myself as far as knowing who I was.

12. xokay_nowx

I don't believe lust is necessarily objectification.
    Objectification is when one fails to realize that a person is anything more than a sexual object; you can respect someone as a person and still have sexual feelings for him.

13. Seraphim

Seraphim Active Member

- A part of me is glad this band shunned me, and I lost all faith and belief I ever had in them.
    If they hadn't, I never would have explored other avenues and discovered what it truely means to love a band; and for them to love you back. I losing them, I was able to find myself something so much better that I can connect to on a much deeper level.

- MCR's music (at least their earlier stuff) used to make me feel like crap. It still does.
    It makes me feel depressed and secluded.
    The difference is that back then, I wanted and (in some strange way) needed to feel that way.
    But I don't anymore... Now I know what people mean when they say they 'grew out of' them. I still miss them sometimes... and how I used to feel about them.
    But I guess it was for the best.

14. Thumbelina

Gerard's drinking again? Since when etc.?

15. JillGeeRAWRd

JillGeeRAWRd Member

^ He said he was drinking occasionally in the recent interview for SPIN magazine.

16. Thumbelina

I see. Tbh, that doesn't bother me at all (not that it should, but I know it does some). I'm not of the "once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic" mindset; I don't believe that someone who was an alcoholic can never even be near a drop of alcohol ever, ever again. He knows himself, so he can do what he likes. Besides "drinking occasionally" is not going on massive drink/drug benders.

17. XHelenaX

XHelenaX New Member

I think Gee knows what hes doing, he has a family now! Its ok to drink every now and then, there is nothing wrong with that

18. SaviourofTheBroken

SaviourofTheBroken New Member

Exactly, tbh I think he's been clean long enough, you can't deprive yourself of something people do all the time, I doubt he's doing it in the same way as before, just for fun, y'know? He's more responsible now...

It irritates me how people can be angry with him and judge him and stuff, it's his life, he has every right to lead it how he wants...

19. Xxmad_hatterxX

Xxmad_hatterxX Active Member

So maybe angry was the wrong word. But when I heard he was drinking again...*sigh*
    Gerard was a depressed alcoholic loner until he formed My Chem. Then he became a depressed alcoholoic loner addicted to drugs, at least until he got "clean" that is. I look up to that guy. And when I see that he's gone back to drinking (even if it's just for fun) it kind of makes me question my resolves(sp?). And think about how no matter how hard someone tries, you can never really truly quit something once you've been addicted to it (I know this isn't 100% true, btw).
    And yes, I understand that it's never really a good idea to quit something cold turkey like he did. That's probably why he's started drinking after all these years and all. That and he just got sick of everyone most likely watching him like a hawk around alcohol.
    I should really stop rambling. What I want to say never comes out right.

20. xokay_nowx

^ Don't worry about it. This ain't the place to be self-conscious. :p

Anyway, I have a lot of experience with addiction, it runs like a plague through my bloodlines, and it's pretty true (controversial opinion warning) that addicts pretty much can't quit for good.
    What few years of success they have, here and there, though, can't be discounted.
    If we believe that Gerard is truly an alcoholic (I don't), then we should just be proud he was able to stay sober as long as he was, and hope he'll be sober again.