May 21 is the End of the World?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Headshot., May 11, 2011.

1. Headshot.

Headshot. New Member

People at my school today were all commenting about how May 21st will be Judgement Day. In my religion, I know this can't be because there will be signs before the end of the world (i.e. the antichrist, massive conversions, etc.), but I'm still nervous.

Does anyone have any info on this?

2. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

Is The End Nigh? We'll Know Soon Enough : NPR

I wouldn't worry about it.

If you want to get technical, they don't believe it will be the end of the world; they believe it will be the date of the Rapture. (All the good people will be taken up into heaven and the others will be left behind to suffer the terrors of the end of the world.)

But yeah. I don't believe in the Rapture in the first place, nor do most Christians...
    It's really sad if you read that article, though. Some people have quit their jobs and are living off their last savings because they believe they won't need the money after the 21st... :scared:

3. BrittMCR

BrittMCR Active Member

I always thought December 21, 2012 was going to be the end of the world

I don't believe it, and I don't worry about it :)

4. MarieArt

MarieArt Champion of Losers

I've heard a few people say May 21st and Dec 12th, but I'm not going to worry about it because if it's my time and everyone else's then that's fine with me; I'm not going to question God (or which ever higher power you all believe in).

5. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

Well if it is, then all I have to say is: my life sucked.

6. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

7. Dumbledore

Dumbledore glass child.

^ HAAAAAHAHAHHA. Oh god.

8. Headshot.

Headshot. New Member

^
    ^
    LOL. You just made me feel loads better, thanks guys!

9. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

Oh man, I've been Left Behind!

;P

10. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

That was great xD

----
    Yeah, if it was supposed to have happened already, then not many people (if any) ascended into heaven. I'm thinking this man was wrong again. But maybe that's just me /shrugs.

11. Dumbledore

Dumbledore glass child.

HAAA. I was with my theatre company, and we were making jokes and keeping a countdown till we were supposed to be "raptured", as one of us so intelligently put it. xD

12. Dust Angel

^Lmao xD

Well guys, looks like we missed it. This morning, my minister was making jokes and mentioned how he thought maybe we hadn't repented enough if we were all still here on Earth.

13. On Friday, everyone was all like:

"Oh, God, we're gunna die!"
    "If tomorrow's the end of the world, I'm cussing out all of my teachers."
    "Y'all are going to Hell if you don't care."

Seriously, I am a very loose believer of the end of the world. I'm more of a 'science-is-fact' type person and thinks that the world will end when the ozone layer is so depleted that we will all die from heat-strokes and skin cancer. Or, the sun will turn into a white dwarf or it'll just slurp us up. So you could've imagiined my face when I woke up alive. The first thing I did was laugh.

Now, my sister is a firm beliver in this crap and says that 12/21/12 is le end of the world. She is seriously frightened. She says that "God will not give a specific time of date".

My only question is why does everyone want the world to end? Are they just unhappy and want everyone else to suffer? Or do they just enjoy watching us all panic? Oh, Nostradamus, why did you have to do this?

At least if we all die, it wouldn't be by a massive flood...

14. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

I lost my favorite pen at work yesterday. :/ mini end of the world right there.

15. Dust Angel

^ xD

During all of this fake chaos, one of my teachers told us about an Atheist-run service in which they charge Christians x amount of money to ensure that their pets will be taken care of when they ascend into heaven during the rapture. It f**king made me laugh so hard.

16. YouKnowYouLoveMe

YouKnowYouLoveMe New Member

Isn't this the guy who predicted 1994 to be the end?

17. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

Lol yeah. He needs to give up.

18. Dust Angel

Well, he's 89. I doubt he'll have enough time to re-calculate and see where he went wrong/put the stupid ones in this world into more sheer chaos.

19. ThrillKill

ThrillKill Guest

Hey! I'm alive!! Awesome!

20. Emmy McPanda

Emmy McPanda Active Member

New day of the end of the world is tomorrow. We'll see how this prediction goes, though if his track record is any indication, there's probably nothing to worry about. ;)