Letters

Discussion in 'Completed Fan Fictions' started by Julia, May 25, 2008.

1. Julia

Julia New Member

[​IMG]

Rating- PG (I'll change this once the story goes on if needed.)

Disclaimer- The person who wrote this does not own/have contact with My Chemical Romance.

I did not write this story, I have permission from the author to post it here. CREDIT: Shayna at StarlessEyes.

Chapter index.
    Chapter 1- Page 1.
    Chapter 2- Page 2.
    Chapter 3- Page 3.
    Chapter 4- Page 4.
    Chapter 5- Page 6.
    Chapter 6- Page 7.
    Chapter 7- Page 9.
    Chapter 8- Page 10.
    Chapter 9- Page 11.
    Chapter 10- Page 12.

2. Julia

Julia New Member

One.

"Settle down! Settle Down!" Mrs. Jester commanded, waving her hands around dramatically. That could only mean one of two things: community service project or creative writing. Personally, I preferred the writing. Writing was something I, Bella Sanders, loved and lived for. I could spend all day writing. And I was good at it too.

There were several groans from my fellow classmates. They had recognized the signs too.

Mrs. Jester just smiled happily and clapped her hands together. "We're doing a little project!" she exclaimed, jumping up and punching the air. She was a fairly young teacher; only around twenty three. Most of her projects were fun, but I didn't want to end up cleaning trash off the side of the road like last week. "Letters to soldiers! Like penpals." And so she set off in her rant. "These men are doing each of you huge favors! Fighting for you, taking bullets for you! They deserve some kind of encouragement!

"So, you'll each get an assigned soldier to write too and keep writing too!"

I perked up.
    This sounded so romantic.
    Letters to a soldier?

I was dead excited to start my letter. My hands were already twitching with need for a pen; and I was forming sentences in my mind already. Just thinking about all the possibilities had me very excited.

Mrs. Jester sat out, doing a circle around the room, and handing out half sheets of paper. My hands were shaking with excitement as I got mine.

Private Addy Baker.

I frowned. There went my whole romantic idea! Not that I had a problem with girls! I just wasn't attracted to them in a romantic way! I sighed dramatically, and flopped back in my chair.

"What's wrong?" Jon ask. Jon was a cool kid. I had known him since the fourth grade. Now in eleventh grade, we were pretty close friends. He was closer to me than I was to him though. Nearly everyone knew he was in love with me, but I didn't like to think of him in that way.

My idea of love was very grand. The sweep me off of my feet kind of love. Something that letters with a male soldier could bring me.

I was over thinking this; much like I did everything, but hey! I lacked the looks for that real Hollywood romance! No one ever told me I was beautiful. Always cute. Just cute. Well, cute wasn't beautiful. And neither was brown-redish hair! Or grey eyes! The two really didn't go together at all! Plus, I was too chubby in all the wrong places and to thin in all the wrong places. All in all, my look was just awkward.

You're over doing it, Bella.

"I got a chick," I muttered, sighing again.

"I got a dude," he said, holding his slip of paper close to his face. "Private. Gerard Way."

"Gerard… That's pretty!" And then it hit me. "Hey Jon… Want to switch?"

He looked confused. "What for?"

I shrugged. "Nothing really… I just thought that you would like to write a girl and I could write your Gerard!"

"Ugh. Fine!" He snatched my paper and placed his on my desk.

Private Gerard Way.

This was going to be great!
    The best project ever!

I didn't know that it was going to change my life though.

3. Katelyn McFly

Katelyn McFly Dr. DeathDefying

LOVE IT! this is awesome can't wait for more

4. Julia

Julia New Member

Oh yeah, and all feedback will be given to the author. :)

5. spikenike232

spikenike232 Guest

I love this so far! Original from everything I've heard.

6. Angila

Angila InkGirl. Staff Member

Wow...tell your friend that this sounds like an amazing story, and she is a wonderful writer.
    Can't wait for more!

7. Green_pixie

Green_pixie Active Member

I'm reading this on Mibba at the moment. I love it.

8. forever_now

forever_now New Member

Wow, I can already tell I'm going to be addicted to this one. Can't wait for more.

9. Kayla?!

Kayla?! Guest

Love this so far.

<3

10. Elena

Elena New Member

Love this so far. It's quite good. =)

11. Fame

Fame Guest

Wow, I like this! Update? :)

12. Julia

Julia New Member

December 13, 1997​
    Dear Gerard,
    I must have started writing this letter over twenty times. I've killed so many trees for you, actually. That's off topic though. Once I started with the whole "Dear Gerard," thing, I couldn't really think of anything to write… Everything sounded horrible. I still don't know what exactly to say.

I guess I should start off with thanking you for everything you're doing. Personally, I don't really believe in war. There must be a more peaceful way of settling the problems of the world. And it really is hypocritical.

Parents spend part of their children's youth teaching them about how violence isn't always the answer, then when they turn eighteen, they're allowed to get training to kill. It just doesn't make much sense too me.

I still respect you for everything you're doing. I guess you could call me a pacifist, but not the kind that would protest at a fallen soldiers funeral. That, to me, is just wrong.

So, thank you for fighting for me. Thank you for all the training you went through. Thank you for everything. It must all be so grueling. Of course, the closest thing I've seen to war in in movies. I don't really know what you're going through, so I don't really know how much of a help I can be. I could go on with saying things like "stay strong" or "don't give up!" But I really have no idea what you're doing over there. Perhaps I should watch more CNN, but then I would just get depressed about all the horrible things that are happening in the world. Then I couldn't pretend anymore. I couldn't pretend the world is perfect.

I know this all sounds like pointless rambling, and it basically is. And I'm sorry if my views upset you. I just want you to know that I really am thankful for all that you're doing, even if it's for something I don't believe in. It takes a strong person to do all that you're doing, and I'm really thankful for it.

So, stay strong! Don't give up!

Respectfully,
    Bella Sanders.

P.S. I'll so understand if you don't want to write back, but I think it effect my grade. So, even if you don't want to, if you could just find like five seconds to write something random on a piece of paper and mail it too me, I'd be reallllly thankful!
    xxoo

13. Lexi

Lexi Active Member

I love this! :D

Tell her she's a really good writer :) I'ts very original.

14. Elena

Elena New Member

This is lovely. =)

Tell her she is a good writer.

15. Kesya

Kesya New Member

Oh. I think I'm hooked :D

16. FireAndBlaze

FireAndBlaze New Member

No.1 Fan spot still open if so I call dibs ! :) xxx

17. Katelyn McFly

Katelyn McFly Dr. DeathDefying

tell your friend that this is incredible

18. Julia

Julia New Member

Will dooo.

19. Kayla?!

Kayla?! Guest

I read what she has written so far on Mibba.
    I love it.

<3

20. forever_now

forever_now New Member

More soon? :)