Hurricane Irene

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by crescendo., Aug 28, 2011.

1. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

At this stage it is now a tropical storm and is threatening to hit Maine and Quebec next.
    It has killed at last count 20
    National Hurricane Center
    Hurricane Irene | WWLP.com | Western Massachusetts Breaking News, Local News, Weather & Sports There are a bunch of links throughout it, just scroll down.
    Hurricane Irene Updates, News Coverage, and Weather Forecast | Connecticut Breaking News, Weather and Traffic | WTNH.com

Have any more links and such please add them. I just added the National Hurricane Center and my local news and the news station they were showing clips of that will keep us prepared.

2. Miz Erie

Miz Erie Black Mariah Staff Member

I'm SO GLAD you're safe Kat!! I thought about the guy's families, too, in NJ since it made landfall on NJ shoreline.

3. GlowMidnight

GlowMidnight Active Member

I hope everyone on the East coast is safe. I remember how scary it was when all the tornadoes were hitting the Midwest last Spring.

4. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

Living in Florida we know a thing or two about big hurricanes. Luckily it was just a cat 1. 4 or above is really bad. Hurricane parties on the beach are pretty fun if they are cat 1 or 2's, speaking from experience.

5. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

Haha a bunch of people were having Hurricane parties here

6. Prufrock

Prufrock Heretic

I took a shower outside in a category 3 once. Our water and power had been knocked out so we just said f**k it, grabbed our shampoo and soap, and headed outside when it hit.

I'm glad Irene wasn't too bad when it made landfall.

7. kadoodle

kadoodle crazy cat lady Staff Member

A shower in a hurricane?! Isn't it cold? We used to do that in tropical cyclones (mild ones, warm rain) as kids, but I'm not going to nude up al fresco now!

8. Prufrock

Prufrock Heretic

Haha no, it was actually pretty warm, but basically everything in FL is during the summer lol. I definitely wore a swimsuit though. I didn't want to get blown away and end up in some other part of town totally naked lol.

9. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

That sounds sick!
    I'm from Orlando (Seminole County), currently residing in Jacksonville, you?

I lost power for five days in Hurricane Charlie. 100 degree heat, no AC, never again.

10. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

Tampa area :) But will be in Jacksonville on the 26th c:

I forget which hurricane it was, but I remember my dad driving us all to Orlando to evacuate, just to have the hurricane turn last minute and hit Orlando. :( haha

Don't lie, you know you'd like that. You dirty dirty girl.

11. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

Oh, well have fun looking at nothing here! :p

I'm kind of jealous that the hurricane skipped over Florida; I enjoy them in a strange way.

12. Whatthefrerard

Whatthefrerard New Member

XD
    all we got here was some rain and a bit of wind...

13. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

Yeah it was pretty damn warm, I was out when it first started. Half my city was flooded because one of the damns broke. A bunch of rivers were definitely flooded but now its a wait and see on the Connecticut. Though I'm pretty lucky I don't live in the Berkshires because they were hit pretty hard. Though I'm glad Springfield didn't get hit as bad as a lot of other places especially after the tornado at the beginning of June

14. i sat on my roof almost the whole time . probably wasnt the smatest thing,
    i remember the eye went right over my neighborhood.
    glad your okay kit kat

15. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

I'm glad you're okay as well skit-le

16. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

A lot of people have asked me about how we're holding up and I'm just like... "Well I'm here, aren't I?" xD

Tropical storms make me insanely nervous, though.

17. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

:lol: I know how you feel but I most get. OMG you're okay!!!!!

18. Dust Angel

Dust Angel Unloveable. Staff Member

^ Exactly! :lol:
    "Has it hit you guys yet? Are you going to leave town?" Uhm... no?

19. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

What about
    Oh my god is everything all right? Are you dead?

I love the second question :lol: My neighbor actually asked me that