Discussion Exercise/Fitness

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by Thumbelina, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

So, our new exercise bike thing... I've decided I'm going to try and do half an hour/10 miles/~350 calories a day (whichever comes last); that way, I burn about a day and a half's worth of calories a week, which sounds good to me.
    I've done it the last three days and I've tried different programs. Found one today which I think I'll continue with. In half an hour, I did 11 miles and 440 calories, and I was not feeling it at all, so hopefully, I could do even more on a good day.

Now Mama just has to stop buying nice biscuits so it's not useless.

2. PlanetaryGoGo

PlanetaryGoGo Media Division

Friend of mine showed me some exercises for bellydancers. They're fun to do. It's mostly butt wiggling (butt muscles), moving shoulders (arms/shoulders) and moving your belly rhytmically (stomach muscles). It's fun to do that along the Planetary Go rhythm. Today's my second day of it, I can at least feel my butt muscles as they're getting sore slowly, but it's still fun. I think I'm gonna stick to this for a while.

3. GlowMidnight

GlowMidnight Active Member

I'm thinking about doing track and basketball. I'm dreadful at basketball and running but it might help he get in shape a bit. A girl who was already in shape said that she threw up 3 times during track.

4. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

In two months of working out (no big diet changes) I've lost 1.5 lbs. and 1 inch off my waist, 1 inch off my belly, 1.5 inches off my hips, and 1 inch off each thigh. Very pleased with my results!

5. Madden

Madden Faut souffrir pour ĂȘtre

^ Well done! :)

I just burnt 250 cals. on our exercise bike. I really need to get back to using it every day.

6. Thumbelina

I live ~20 minutes away from campus (quite a hilly walk, too), which is great, except I live about one minute from a road of takeaways and I only have two/three days a week on campus. x)

7. PunkAssMofo!

PunkAssMofo! Fuzake n Na!

I'm getting a lot of exercise now.
    It's like a 20 minute walk to town and a 50 minute walk to campus (I refuse to pay for the bus) so there's my main exercise there, but also I'm going to a zumba class on saturday, which I'm dead excited for.

8. Thumbelina

^Wttffffffff? Sux 2 b u. There are some people living at the other campus, but having lectures etc. on the main campus and their walk is about ~50 minutes - f**k that! That's way too far!
    And at least, where I am, it's close to town. Shiiiiit.

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Give me love.

I can now run 2km in a comfortable 7-8 minutes. I've decided to pick up my exercise and eat healthy more so than usual. I actually really enjoy the pain after a good work out. I'm moving up to 5km runs daily. Keen as.

10. WhySoSerious?

WhySoSerious? Active Member

Is it safe to exercise during a fast? Me and mom are going to try to do this 10 water fast thing she found online (we eat a small breakfast and sustain on water for the rest of the day) and I was wondering if I'd be over working myself if I tried exercising during that.

11. Thumbelina

You'd be stupid to try that in the first place, with or without exercise.

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Give me love.

When I've done the 40 hour famine, they tell you no exercise. None, at all. And what you're planning on doing, which sounds like a bad idea might I add, is basically that but a prolonged version of it. If you're going to fast, don't exercise, no. You'll be far too weak for it.

13. xokay_nowx

Thank you! :)

I'm incorporating walk/run intervals into my routine- this week I'm starting with 5 minutes walk, 2 minutes run, repeat twice. (Don't you laugh at how out of shape I am!) I've read that I can move up after a week to 4 minutes walk, 3 minutes run, and then after another week to 3 minutes walk, 4 minutes run, and so on. My first goal is just to run a mile, something I haven't done in years (truthfully it was never easy for me. I was always one of the very slowest when we ran in school, though I wasn't fat.)

14. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

I'm going for a run tomorrow. Hopefully I won't bump in too many people.

15. Seraphim

Seraphim Active Member

I try to do between 10-30km (that's 6-18mi) on my bike every day.
    My job makes it really difficult though. :(

16. xokay_nowx

You are crazy, Kate!
    Have you lost any more weight doing that?

17. mollyxmadness

mollyxmadness Active Member

I bought a pair of low-heel pumps the other day and walking from my apartment to class and all around campus in them has really toned up my legs. My feet don't even hurt because they're only about two inches high. It's a boost of confidence, too.

18. Seraphim

Seraphim Active Member

I've lost nearly 18lb I think.
    It goes up and down all the time though. So annoying. :/

19. xokay_nowx

Wowww, nice!

Molly I feel more confident in heels too. I don't go above 3'' though, lest I tower over everyone. :D

20. Thumbelina

^Wore my 5-inches out yesterday; it was the best, but then I was like 'why are all the guys so short?!??!?!!?'.
    No, Juliet, you're just tall in those shoes. x)