Discussion Exercise/Fitness

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by Thumbelina, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

I want to start with insanity as well! Heard some pretty good things about it.

2. MarieArt

MarieArt Champion of Losers

A woman from my zumba class took a break from zumba to do that and she is a solid muscle. She said she was sore for days; I thought she was skinny before but after it, she was ripped. I liked being toned, not "ripped".

3. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

Ok, sounds like I'm going to have to google this insanity thing! I NEED ABS.

4. Lenore

The best thing is: you can do it in your own living room.

5. Lenore

I started with a new workout: Kettlebell Training.
    My legs are sore, but I enjoy it very much so my motivation is pretty high.

6. Thumbelina

^Finding something you enjoy is the hardest part!! Go you!

I have actually started Insanity; I'm about to finish week 5 and I'm kind of crapping my pants about the next four weeks. It's been really, really hard so far, but next week it all goes MAX and I've looked up the workouts and they look so hard and I'm not sure I'll be able to do all of the moves at all, let alone actually keep them up for each set.
    It's paying off, though. I've got way bigger/more toned arms (12" when flexed!!), including delts and traps; my abs are definitely there, but hidden under a layer of fat, so I'm trying really hard with my eating now to try to burn it off. I can almost do real press-ups and I've noticed I'm definitely a lot fitter and stronger; my calves are pretty ridiculous, too. It's all v. exciting!!

7. Lenore

Yay for seeing results! Insanity is (like the name says) an insane workout. I think I want to try it when I get more muscle strength and a better condition with the training I do now. I workout with my best friends, I think that's part of the fun/motivation as well.
    Juliet, do you have a workout buddy? It helps a lot!

8. Thumbelina

Waiting 'til you're stronger/fitter before doing it is definitely a good idea; not that you couldn't do it now, but it'll be better if you're able to do all the stuff from the off. I struggled quite a lot today because a lot of the moves were press-up variations and I still can't actually do proper press-ups so that was a big challenge.

I don't have a workout buddy. I don't know anyone who'd want to do it! Except maybe my sister, but there's no way I'd do it with her.

9. Lenore

So I signed up at a gym, and I've been going there for about three weeks now. Also started a healthier eating pattern since a week. Weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2kg/4.4lbs already! My goal is to lose about 10kg/22lbs.

10. Thumbelina

Go you!!!!
    I've been back at the gym for about three weeks too. I hadn't been for like, five weeks and so I've lost a lot in terms of fitness and strength but, as with everything, what's happened has happened and I just have to deal with what's in front of me.
    The good news is that I am loving it again and am making progress already. I am hoping to get up to going 5 times a week but atm I'm only at three or four/every other day.