Awake and Unafraid [Gerard Way]

Discussion in 'Completed Fan Fictions' started by Jo, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jo

Jo New Member

Chapter 38
    Gerard’s POV

I looked down at my watch before deciding it was time to head back. I closed my sketchbook and tucked my pencil behind my ear. I got up and looked towards the meadow one last time before turning around and walking back to my car. I climbed in the driver’s seat and threw my sketchbook in the backseat before roaring the engine to life. I drove through the same path I came back to, heading back to the city. It didn’t take long for me to pull up to the school and I smiled before getting out of the car. I stood leaning against the hood of my car, my arms crossed as I watch the eight year old boy run around the playground laughing loudly as a black haired girl chased him. I whistled loudly, and they both stopped short before looking my way.

A grin lit up James’ face as he and Crimson ran towards me. They stopped at the gate to pick up their backpacks before continuing their run towards me.

“SHOT GUN!” Crimson yelled as she ran past James towards the front seat.

James, on the other hand, ran straight towards me. I picked him up in the air and he hugged me tightly.

“HI DAD!” he said excitedly.
    “How was your day, kiddo?” I asked as I walked towards the backseat with him in tow.
    “It was good. I learned my time tables!”
    “Did you?” I asked as I playfully tossed him in the backseat.
    “Yup!” he grinned proudly, buckling his seatbelt.
    “You’ll have to teach Crimson and I on the way to her house, won’t he, Crims?”
    “He already taught me,” she winked as she turned to look at us.

I laughed and closed the door to walk around to the other side. I climbed inside and grinned at them both before pulling out into traffic.

“So what did you learn today, missy?”

She looked over at me with a big grin.

“I learned that Kenny thinks I’m pretty,” she said as her cheeks flushed.
    “Kenny?” I narrowed my eyes at her, “Who’s Kenny?”
    “He’s this punk that tried to hold Crimsy’s hand,” James said from the backseat.

I looked at him through my rearview mirror and couldn’t help but chuckle at the way his arms were crossed against his chest and the annoyed look etched on his face.

“Oh yeah?”
    “Yeah,” he confirmed.
    “He’s not a punk!” Crimson disagreed.
    “I think Uncle Frank will be on my side,” James said—and boy was he smug.
    “That’s not fair!” she said as she looked at me, “Uncle Gerard, you’re on my side, aren’t you?”
    “Not on this, beautiful.”

She made a disgusted sound before pouting.

“James even threatened to hit him!”
    “He’s just being protective, sweetheart.”
    “I’m a boy; I know these things!” he insisted.

That made me laugh.

“You’re eight!” Crimson and I both said.

His eyes widened at me before narrowing accusingly.

“You’re supposed to be on my side.”
    “Don’t worry, bud. If this Kenny deal is serious, Uncle Frank and I will get to meet him.”

Crimson looked horrified. I couldn’t help but laugh again.

“I wish James was a girl. Then we’d share some of this.”
    “Ew. I can’t be a girl!” he yelled and I laughed.
    “Let’s try this again, Crims. What did you learn in school today?”
    “That you, James and daddy are way too overprotective. I am twelve, you know!”
    “Oh honey, you should ask your mom how much I hounded her. Believe me, I’m being nice.”
    “I don’t even want to imagine,” she sighed.

I pulled into Frank’s driveway and James immediately bolted, leaving his backpack in the backseat.

“He’s gonna tell Frank, you know,” I grinned at her and she glared at me.
    “Obviously.”
    “Don’t worry.”

She smirked at me before leaning over to kiss my cheek.

“C’mon, brat. Let’s get you inside before the search party starts.”

She laughed softly before climbing out of the car. I watched her skip to the front door where Frank and James were already waiting. I waved at them and showing him my cell phone before dialing the house number. After a few rings, Juliet picked up.

“Hello?” she spoke softly into the receiver; something about her voice sounded off.
    “Hey sweetheart, it’s me.”
    “Oh hi, honey. Are you on your way?”
    “Almost. I’m dropping Crimson off, and we’ll be there in a little bit. I have to save her from super man dad first.”
    “Super man dad?” she asked with a soft laugh.
    “Yeah, apparently Crimson’s got her first admirer and James isn’t liking it one bit.”

She laughed against, this time slightly louder. I smiled at the sound. After nine years, little things she did still made me smile—I was sure they always would.

“I think he takes too much after you in that aspect,” she whispered.
    “You think so?”
    “Definitely. I remember how much you tormented your poor sister.”
    “That’s what I told Crimson,” I chuckled.
    “So did you have a good day?”
    “Yeah, it was fine. I’ve been working on my drawing again.”
    “Did you manage to finally finish it?”
    “Not yet, something’s still missing,” I said.

Silence.

“Jules, are you nodding your head, sweetheart?” I asked with a smile.

Another pause.

“Shut up,” she said and I laughed.
    “What’s on your mind, babycakes?”
    “Nothing,” she answered too quickly.
    “Juliet,” I said.
    “Gerard,” she spoke back in the same tone.
    “Tell me, sweetheart.”
    “It’s nothing, really. We’ll talk when you come home.”
    “Is it something bad?”
    “Um, well, I guess it depends how you look at it.”
    “You’re scaring me.”
    “Don’t be scared,” she whispered, “it’ll be okay. I’d just rather talk when I can see your face.”
    “Fair enough,” I sighed, “we’ll be home soon.”
    “Okay. I love you.”
    “I love you, too, Jules.”

I waited for her to hang up before doing so myself. I slid out of the passenger seat before making my way up the pathway leading to the front door. I knocked on it as I opened it, making my way inside.

“Daddy, he just touched my hand!” Crimson argued.
    “He’s a punk!” James insisted, “And I’m going to hit him if he touches her again.”
    “If you hit him, I’m never talking to you again,” she told him and his eyes widened.
    “But, but, but…” he sputtered before he looked down sadly, “fine, I won’t hit him. But if he hurts you, then I’m gonna hurt him. Even if you don’t ever talk to me again.”

The look on her face softened and I smiled as she walked over to him, and hugged him. Even if he was younger than her, he was an inch or two taller—although it probably didn’t help much that she’s a few inches shorter than she should be.

“Whoa, whoa, wait; I’m not exactly ready for this to be over yet,” Frank scowled.

I shook my head and walked over the threshold, letting my presence be known. Crimson immediately looked at me for help.

“I’m sure it’s nothing, Frank,” I told him as I walked over, picking Crimson up, “right, princess?”
    “Exactly,” she agreed as her arms wrapped around my neck.

Frank still looked unsure but he gave in. I grinned at him and he shook his head. I let Crimson down and she looked up me.

“Uncle Gerard; can James stay and play for a little while?”
    “I don’t know, babe. I kind of need to get home.”
    “I can drop him off,” Frank offered and James looked up with hopeful eyes.
    “Alright, but homework before play; got it?”
    “Yes! Thank you, dad!”

He ran up to me and I picked him up as I hugged him.

“Be good, okay?”
    “I will. Don’t tell mom I learned my times tables, okay? I want to surprise her.”
    “Okay, I promise I won’t,” I grinned at him.

He smiled back and hugged me one last time before wiggling around. I laughed and set him down the ground and he ran off with Crimson towards her bedroom. Frank shook his head with a smile and I sighed with a smile of my own.

“Our kids are growing up way too fast,” Frank said and I chuckled.
    “Yeah, tell me about it. Hey, at least she has James to watch her in school.”
    “That’s actually a very comforting thought.”
    “Isn’t it?” I laughed.
    “Definitely. Is everything okay with Jules? You said you had to get home.”
    “Oh; yeah, I mean, I think so. She said we’d talk when I got home. I’m kind of worried, to be honest.”
    “I’m sure everything’s fine.”
    “I hope so,” I nodded, “I should get going.”
    “Alright, call me when you’re ready for me to bring James over.”
    “I will; thanks.”
    “Nah, thank you for picking her up.”
    “Say hey to Lu for me, alright?”
    “I will,” he smiled.

I patted his shoulder before walking towards the door to let myself out.

“Who’s doing their homework?” I heard him call out.
    “WE ARE!”

I smiled and closed the door before making my way towards my car. I climbed in the passenger seat and took a deep breath before pulling out of the driveway. The entire ride home, I wracked my brain trying to decide what it was that had happened. We’d been married a little over nine years—happily married, might I add. We had James about a year later. He’d only made our life brighter than it already was. Not long after he was born, we bought a house; deciding we needed a new place to make new memories.

continued in next post.

2. Jo

Jo New Member

It didn’t take me long to get home, and as I pulled into the driveway, I felt my heart beat faster. I slowly got out of the car, and walked up to the front door. I unlocked the door and hung my keys on the key ring next to the door before wandering farther into the house. I found Juliet standing at the sink, washing dishes, quietly humming to herself. I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She jumped slightly before relaxing in my embrace. I kissed the side of her neck and she smiled.

“Hey,” I whispered.
    “Hey yourself; where’s James?”
    “He stayed over with Crimson; promising to do his homework, of course.”
    “Of course,” she smiled.

She turned around in my arms and dried her hands with a towel before wrapping her arms around my neck. I smiled at her and leaned down to kiss her softly. I rubbed her sides gently as we pulled away and she smiled up at me before pulling away from me. She sat down at the table and I looked at her. I wanted to ask her what the mystery was about, but I didn’t want to push the issue. I knew her well enough to know she’d tell me when she was ready.

"So, I went to the doctor today," she said as she looked down.

I swallowed hard and I looked at her oddly as she twisted her wedding ring around her finger. I knelt down next to her and rested my hand on her leg.

"Sweetheart, what is it? Is something wrong?"
    "I think that’ll be for you to decide.”

My heart immediately started to race. What was she about to tell me?

"What did he say?"

She slid her hand to her stomach, and looked at me.

"Thalia," she whispered and I looked at her confused.
    "What?"
    "I want her name to be Thalia," she repeated again as she gave her stomach a soft pat.

Suddenly it clicked. I looked at her stomach before looking up at her. Her eyes were filled with tears, but her lips were curled into a smile. I smiled back at her and suddenly enveloped her in my arms.

“Why would you think I wouldn’t be happy with this?” I asked softly as she hugged me tightly.
    “I don’t know. It wasn’t planned.”
    “The beautiful things in life aren’t always planned, sweetheart.”
    “Are you happy?” she asked as she pulled back.
    “Of course I am. And James is going to be happy too.”
    “I know.”

She leaned against me again, and I hugged her tightly. I kissed the side of her neck, before kissing the side of her head.

"Do you know for certain it's a girl?" I asked and she shook her head against me.
    "I've just got a feeling."
    "I love you, Jules," I whispered, “I love you more than anything.”
    "I love you, too; forever."

The End

3. Shaz.

Shaz. Gleek.

BABIES!

Awwww.
    I loveloveloved it, Jo.
    :)!

4. PunkAssMofo!

PunkAssMofo! Fuzake n Na!

OMG BAAAAAAAAAABIIIIIIIIIIIIESSSSSSSS!

Yaaay.

=D

5. Jo

Jo New Member

I just hope Juliet feels that way! xD

6. Kelsey

Kelsey New Member

Babies!!!!!!!
    Awww, I loved it Jo!
    Amazing ending! :)

7. Jenn

Jenn Active Member

I love babies.

Beautiful ending, jo. :)

8. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

oh, Jo...
    that was amazing.
    i'm so sad it's over...
    but the ending was just perfect.

9. nmh.

nmh. New Member

Can we have another sequel please? haha, i love love this story too much <3
    I'm so sad it's over!

10. Loved it so much Jo!
    Loveliest.update.ever.
    And that is out of any update ever written.
    It was just beautiful!
    Definitely worth the wait!

11. Ellie

Ellie New Member

OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD

I WILL NOT BE SLEEPING TONIGHT ILL JUST BE SITTING IN MY BED WITH A REALLY BIG SMILE ON MY FACE

that

was

perfect

nuffsaid

12. Stefi

Stefi New Member

OH MY GOD!!! I CAN NOT DESCRIBE THAT!!!!!!!!! IT WAS TOO PERFECT!!!

oh god.. Jo.. i think we need a sequel.. please??

13. Kate

Kate New Member

Aww! Babies Yey! Crimson and James are so cute together! That was an amazing ending Jo I loved it! xxx

14. Shaz.

Shaz. Gleek.

That was the sequel.

15. PunkAssMofo!

PunkAssMofo! Fuzake n Na!

Ahah

It was a perfect ending

OHOH

THEY DID THE DIRTY!

Ahahhahha!

I don't think this story could have another sequel really.

=D

16. Alexxis

Alexxis New Member

Ooooh, it was so amazing!
    They're having another baby! :D

I loveddd it, Jo. <33

17. MCRluver16

MCRluver16 New Member

omg joooo!!! that was the cutest ending ever!
    youre such a talented writer..im definetly reading your next fic :p
    hope you enjoy ur trip to mexico, and dont forget to update stormy nights when you get back! ^^
    xoxo
    soph<3

18. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

OH MY GOD!
    How could you do this to me?!
    There I was, not expecting the end until f**king, at least the seventh, and then.
    Then.
    Then.
    THIS?!
    AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    -cannot contain herself-

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh.
    f**king hell man!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

^______________________________^

19. Stefi

Stefi New Member

i know that. but i think we need ANOTHER sequel. you know.. like a sequel to a sequel.. i love this story too f**king much...

20. Linzi Sky.

Linzi Sky. Active Member

OMG! That was so cute & sweet!
    I loved it, like woah! :)
    Sad that it's the end now, but thanks Shaz,
    for telling me where Jo's other stories were.
    I loved this fanfic, so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.