4 Stages collapse at festival in Belgium.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by PlanetaryGoGo, Aug 18, 2011.

1. PlanetaryGoGo

PlanetaryGoGo Media Division

This came in via the 30 Seconds To Mars, Kerrang and other band Twitters.

RT @jaredleto: CRAZY STORM AT PUKKELPOP IN BELGIUM - NOT SURE WE WILL BE ABLE TO GO ON STAGE - STAYED TUNED. SAFETY FIRST

RT @jaredleto: FOUR STAGES DOWN - STILL RAINING + THUNDER IF YOU ARE HERE PLEASE BE SAFE

RT @jaredleto: SERIOUS INJURIES AT THE FESTIVAL. MORE BAD WEATHER POSS HEADING THIS WAY. PLEASE TAKE CARE AND CAUTION

RT @jaredleto: PUKKELPOP UPDATE: Two confirmed dead. 40 at the hospital. Sending our thoughts and prayers

Latest breaking news on Belgium tent collapse - breakingnews.com

Alternative Press | News | Update: Stage collapses at Pukkelpop festival, two confirmed dead

Four dead as stage collapses at Belgium's Pukkelpop festival | News | NME.COM

BBC - Wales Music: Welsh bands affected by Pukkelpop disaster

This is the second festival where the stage goes down cause of bad weather this week alone. When will promoters learn they have to stop the festival when the weather gets bad? How many more have to die or get injured?

2. sXe.Sarah

sXe.Sarah Member

It sickens me. They also should be making the stages much more durable!

3. Asthma_Turtle

Asthma_Turtle Active Member

God.. Yeah someone updated saying this on the Mars Forums.. Wow.. ^I agree. The stages should be able to take most types of weather. Well, maybe they'll make the stages more reinforced after this mishap.

EDIT: Ooo yay. 100 posts XD

4. PlanetaryGoGo

5. Asthma_Turtle

Woah. Was anyone on that stage when it fell? o_O

6. PlanetaryGoGo

I don't think there was. One band said one of their members almost got crashed by falling trees but isn't hurt. Their whole equipment was trashed on that stage though.

7. Asthma_Turtle

This stuff is sad.. All these people wanted was to see a band they liked.. Not to almost get crushed by trees and stages o_O

8. PlanetaryGoGo

I know. Friend of mine is attending Frequency Festival this weekend. I'm so terrified for her. And I knew people who went to that festival in Belgium today. Thank God they're all save and sound.

If you know anyone that went to this festival, people started a facebook page where you can try to find missing people: Pukkelpop Safehouse (niet Officieel) - Wall | Facebook

9. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

At this particular festival (Pukkelpop) the weather switched quickly (or so I've read). So it's not like they've had oceans of time to decide whether or not the festival should be cancelled.

10. PlanetaryGoGo

^That info was revealed two hours after I posted that. It was shown on the news here about 20 minutes ago.

11. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

I read it three hours ago. But it was on a Dutch site, so maybe it wasn't translated yet.

12. PlanetaryGoGo

I've covered most of the English and German news reporting and only one of them told about the 10 minute storm without a warning. And that they did one hour ago now.

13. PartyPoison

PartyPoison New Member

I was there waiting for Panic! At The Disco when the sky turned dark grey-green and all hell broke loose. It was raining so f**king hard for about fifteen minutes and the tent I was in was shaking and I was so scared. People panicked after the Chateau (it isn't exactly a stage, more a tent) collapsed.
    After I left the festival and entered the camp site there was f**king mud everywhere. Everybody was trying to get to their tents. I was hoping my stuff would be dry but when I got there a huge f**king tree was on the ground right where my tent was supposed to be. After waiting in the mudd on my socks for hours I was able to gather my belongings and go home. I spent the night at Brussels Central Station and I just got home.
    So sad about the injured and dead people, I could easily have been one of them. Also real gutted about what happened, I was so much looking forward to see Panic!, Foo's, Good Charlotte and Bring Me The Horizon.

14. PlanetaryGoGo

^But what's more important is that you're alive. One of the Greek Echelon wasn't that lucky.

15. Asthma_Turtle

^ Poor Echelon member.. :(

16. PlanetaryGoGo

17. Asthma_Turtle

Lets see what Leto has to say...Hmm... I caught some parts. I saw a bit about the festival on the news today. It only showed them interviewing a girl that was at the show. And it just said that one stage fell. Then it went onto the usual RTE News rubbish >>

18. Just terrible.

19. PlanetaryGoGo

German News said it's a total of 5 dead and 141 injured people now. Also 8 stages down, but that I only got on the German news so I don't know if it really is 8. Skin from Skunk Anansie was on the News as well with a few words here but I couldn't find a video to that.

20. Asthma_Turtle

8 stages down? Thats, like, 4 more..
    How many stages are there altogether, do you know?