2008 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by xokay_nowx, Aug 30, 2008.

?

Who do you want to be the next president of the U.S.?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2008.
  1. John McCain

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Barack Obama

47 vote(s)
    73.4%
  3. Undecided/neither

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Could care less

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. xxRosexx

xxRosexx Guest

I think it's fantastic he's the first black president, that's fair class.

I'm glad that McCain didn't win, I didn't like the head on him at all at all

Obama looks like a really gentle, decent man.

Y'know I think we could do with an Obama in Ireland.

2. Vega

Vega Cosmonaut

Haha I figured my joke wasn't very clever ;[

3. spikenike232

spikenike232 Guest

^Aww. I'm sure they just stole the (amazing) idea from you. :)

4. Schuyler

Schuyler Active Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I don't get it? :\

5. Yoshie

Yoshie Guest

Ohhh of course they diiidddd ;D

6. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

Haha, my friend made me lol today;

[ NachtElf ] ∞ [ <3 mieps...miep! graurw | ] zegt:
    Brocks special attack: bide
    Obama's vice president: Biden
    Coincidence? o_O
    Guess not x)
    Lenore. zegt:
    lawls! ;D
    Brock Obama uses special attack: vice president Bide!

7. mcrxsophfee

mcrxsophfee Active Member

Shaz, that’s beautiful. What you said and the song/video.
    I really love it.

Barack is going to be a amazing president. His speech was so beautiful. I cried, a lot.
    He’s going to do America good and the world.

That makes me think. It’s change. He’s going to change the world, for the better.

8. Pansy_Face

Pansy_Face Setting my friends on fire

9. Shaz.

Shaz. Gleek.

^ That's just crazy.

& Soph, thank you. :)
    /way late.

10. Pansy_Face

11. 1950sBARBIE

1950sBARBIE New Member

I think America is screwed no matter what. I'll only be proud of this country when a Native American gets elected.

12. Alice_Askew

Alice_Askew New Member

my dad thinks Obama will be an awful president, i think my dad is goint to be surprised

13. Pansy_Face

I'm thinking this just applies to my area, but is anyone else off for Inauguration Day?

I'm pretty sure like all the schools around me are. Everybody wants to leave the city and get as far away as possible. We're all kinda dreading the people and the traffic and metro delays. I was gonna go skiing, and get away, but Anti-Flag is playing in the city, so I guess I'm tryna face the crowds.

For that matter, is anybody going to the Inauguration?

14. Black parader

Black parader New Member

Well I won't be going to the Inauguration because I'm all the way up here in Canada lol, but from what I've heard there are apparently a lot of people who are going to be there, likely could break the record of people who gathered in Chicago the night Barack Obama won the presidential election.

15. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

(I know this thread specifies the 2008 US Election, but I didn't really think it would be worth it to start a new thread, so I'm hi-jacking this one).

How is everyone feeling about it? I'm torn between dealing with it being 3am with coffee, or dealing with the possibility of a Romney presidency with wine.

16. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

I'm mildly terrified, really. The prospect of Romney winning is just, good lord. I have no words. I seriously can't understand how anyone with a vagina can vote for him with a clear conscience.

17. Thumbelina

Thumbelina Administrator Staff Member

Right? I can't believe it. I mean, I can believe he would have supporters, I can believe people would agree with him (especially in America, sorry, US stereotypes persist when poop like this goes down! x)), but I cannot believe that it's THIS close. HIOW -- typed that THREE times and still got it wrong, such is the extent of my disbelief.

18. MrBoggins

MrBoggins Jesus take the PRNDL!

I have to get up in a few hours for work, and I'm legit terrified to fall asleep in fear of waking up to Romney winning. I can't imagine any gay person, woman for middle/lower class person voting for him when he's so anti them.

19. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

It's looking like Obama got Ohio, and that gives him enough electoral votes to win. The news agencies are calling it, so I'm going to heave a huge sigh of relief. Oh thank f**k. I could cry.

20. crescendo.

crescendo. il mio amore

I was terrified, but since I had to get up early I went to bed without seeing the results. Oh my god, when I feel asleep Romney was winning. I actually had nightmares. The first thing I did this mornign was turn on the tv to see who won. I have never been so releaved.