2008 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by xokay_nowx, Aug 30, 2008.

?

Who do you want to be the next president of the U.S.?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2008.
  1. John McCain

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Barack Obama

47 vote(s)
    73.4%
  3. Undecided/neither

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Could care less

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Ellie

Ellie New Member

Actually, it's their parent's money.
    and they do go to the catholic school and should be all about the poor xD

and I mean, I wouldnt say 'greedy little brat' if they had worded it better, and if they had another motive besides that.
    I mean, I get where you're coming from too, and everyone's entitled to opinions and such, but just the blatent "I want to keep my money" out front doesn't make me think they're being generous or anything...

2. Pansy_Face

Pansy_Face Setting my friends on fire

Yeah, I'm not saying that I believe in it.

And I was kinda more referring to like the adults.

But yeah.

3. spikenike232

spikenike232 Guest

Y'know what that post made me say? 'T-t-trillion? Like, with a T?'
    f**k, that's not right. I watched the video. Am I mad? Yes. Am I suprised? Not in the slightest.
    I'm glad to hear he inspired you, Serg. And really glad to hear McCain fan(s) saying they support Obama. Ahh, seeing young people involved in the election in this thread is amazing. Not just those kids you see at school who go, "Yeah, Obama! Wooooh!" and don't know poop about poop, but people who are informed. I think I would rather an informed McCain fan than a band-wagon-jumping Obama fan. I'm not calling any of you guys band-wagon-jumpers, in fact I called you the opposite really. Just to clear that up. xD

Uhm, yeah, this post went in a few different directions. Meh. I'm happy Obama won and I can't wait to see what he does to this country. :)

4. Vega

Vega Cosmonaut

I agree and disagree. I disagree because corporations such as those in the Fortune 500 ship jobs overseas, yet they get tax breaks? Why should a company that takes away jobs in the US get a tax cut? We've lost more than 600,000 jobs this year due to outsourcing. It's selfish and unpatriotic.

Not only that, but there are loopholes that corporations exploit to not pay as much taxes. It's not a democrat or liberal fantasy of mine (most liberals are douches btw), it's actually true. I've read some business books, and the rich themselves talk about these loopholes and how to exploit them (ie. Rich Dad, Poor Dad).

The reason I agree is because there are also regular hardworking wealthy people that will get screwed by this. Someone who earns $300,000 a year isn't necessarily rich. Some just don't know how to manage their money and live on the edge, just like a poor person. It's proportional, they don't have loads of extra cash. What isn't proportional is a billion dollar corporation. Now they should be getting taxed more or punished in some way because they left more than 600,000 people without a job.

Summary: A regular hardworking person shouldn't be taxed more, but a greedy corporation who uses loopholes and outsources should be punished in some way (example: Budweiser).

EDIT: Obama will not only tax these corporations more, but he will put an end to the loopholes. They are simply going to get taxed what they should really be paying.

5. asking_autumn

asking_autumn Active Member

All I really have to say is: Anyone was better than who's in the white house right now. Bush just completely ruined us and hopefully Obama can put us back on the right track, but the mess that is being left behind (2 oversea wars, and basically borderline depression) is going to take waaay more than one term for anyone to fix. Congrats to Obama though :)..here's hoping for better days

6. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

It didn't come off the way I meant it to. I wasn't insulting Sergio; I meant that what he said was funny, not that I was laughing at him.
    I thought I apologized, but I'll do it again. I'm sorry, that was rude.

And I'd like to point out that technically, Senator Obama is currently the president-elect. He won't be president until the inauguration in January.

7. Obama, Canada loves you.

Well we love you more than Harper, that's for sure.

OBAMANATION!!!!! (quoting Quinn Allman).

8. Pansy_Face

9. Vega

Vega Cosmonaut

Nice^ And this is exactly why Obama is my hero:

10. Shaz.

Shaz. Gleek.

Sergio, I completely agree with what you've been saying about Obama being a hero.
    This speech (well song, that I'll be posting) is one of the most inspirational pieces I've ever heard. I adore it.

YouTube - Yes We Can - Barack Obama Music Video

That's why I wanted that man to become president. The hope he gives, even to me and I'm not even an American citizen, is just.. I don't know how to describe it. He's inspirational, and I truly believe he will be an incredible asset to the American government, and to the world at large. We need more leaders like that man in the world.
    There is hope for the world, there is the ability to accept change & there is proof that we can grow as people.
    Yes, we can.

11. spikenike232

spikenike232 Guest

I remember us looking at that speech Shaz. Haha it made me tear up :'] It made me read the real speech.
    It's Sergio's signature theme, I think.
    Yes We Can
    United We Will

He is an inspiration.

12. Vega

Vega Cosmonaut

Actually I couldn't sleep last night because of all the hate, so I was inspired to start something, and the result is United We Will. I bought the domains and everything. It was kinda inspired by divided we fail, but that has a negative feel to it and I wanted something more positive.

Feel free to use it. The entire world will know about it one day.

13. Pansy_Face

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Facebook bumper stickers.

I thought they were appropriate.

14. Schuyler

Schuyler Active Member

Hahaha I love those, especially Brock Obama. xD!

15. Vega

Vega Cosmonaut

I was feeling so clever the other day, so I made this up:

Brock out with your chicken out!

I even forced my friend to laugh at my joke, because my ego and self-esteem depended on it. Please laugh.

16. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

-laughs on demand-

Ahaha. It is funny, though. xD

17. spikenike232

spikenike232 Guest

LOL! That's f**king hilarious Sergio. I don't think I will ever stop laughing. :L

18. Pansy_Face

LOLOLOLOLOL!

Serg, you're hilarious.

:]

19. Lenore

Lenore Inked and Sexy Staff Member

lawls.
    ;D!

20. ~deadinside~

~deadinside~ New Member

Ahaha xD.