2008 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by xokay_nowx, Aug 30, 2008.

?

Who do you want to be the next president of the U.S.?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2008.
  1. John McCain

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Barack Obama

47 vote(s)
    73.4%
  3. Undecided/neither

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Could care less

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. xokay_nowx

xokay_nowx Become, become, become

LOL, I'm kind of shocked there's no thread on this.

But anyway, the election's less than 100 days away now.
    Barack Obama is the Democratic nominee, John McCain is the Republican nominee.

Although I can't vote yet, I totally support Senator McCain.

Anyone have opinions on the candidates?

2. Pansy_Face

Pansy_Face Setting my friends on fire

I was just thinking the other day about how there was no thread on this.

I really don't like either, tbh.

But I guess I'd go for Obama. He's got good ideas, but we seriously don't have the money to support them. Like, seriously. He wants tax breaks on middleclass America, he wants healthcare for everyone, he wants more teachers with higher salaries. He can't get all that money from taxing the upperclass.

But to be completely honest, I really don't know much about McCain. I've been hearing alot about he supports Bush alot of the times. I really don't think we need another four years of that.

My dad's a crazed republican. I hate it terribly. My mom doesn't like McCain, but I think she favors him because we would be taxed more in Obama's America. She doesn't dig that.

So. Obama for now. Not like I can vote.

Scratch that. Serj Tankian for Supreme World Dominator.

3. spikenike232

spikenike232 Guest

I've said this numerous times and I'll say it again.

It doesn't matter. Our country is f**ked anyway.

But if I was forced I'd either vote Obama 'cause I'm liberal, or do a write in vote and viote for thqat British teddy bear Pudsey. So Obama I guess. But I still say our country's f**ked.

4. xokay_nowx

That's pretty much how I feel about Obama. He has all these ideas that sound great and please everyone, but can he actually implement them? I seriously doubt it. Not to mention the fact he has only two terms in the Senate when McCain has over twenty years.

I support McCain because he just seems more informed on the issues of the day. He knows where he stands on issues. Obama got asked about abortion a couple weeks ago and said something like, "It's not in my paygrade to decide if abortion is right or wrong"...
    I think abortion is just sick.
    But I'm a Republican, yeah.

5. Pansy_Face

^ Yeah, and Americans are too stupid to realize that he's got literally no way to follow through with all his plans.

And I guess I really shouldn't've commented on this without really knowing McCain, but whateverr.

My dad gets so mad at Obama. Everytime his name is mentions or my dad talks about him, he refers to him as the Messiah, because thats how these dimwits think of him.

[[I sound like I'm for McCain, don't I? Ah well.]]

6. xokay_nowx

^ LOL my dad's called Obama worse. He thinks if he's elected the country is "going to hell." =/
    ... but yeah, a lot of Obama supporters do see him as this messianic figure when in reality, the president can only do so much.
    It's okay to not know much about McCain really, the media gives about 3x more coverage to Obama... I find it kind of annoying/biased.

7. Pansy_Face

Yeah, like legit, from the beginning the news only covered the democrats.

But I mean, no matter who's getting the media coverage, they'll leave out facts or try to make whoever seem like something they're not.

I totally don't trust the media, but I guess that's stupid again of me to say because other than the media coverage, I don't look too deep into the election.

And America is going to poop no matter who we elect.

8. xokay_nowx

True that.
    But the thing that sucks about the media is that there's virtually no other way to get news unless you like, knew Obama or McCain as a person. Which none of us do.
    But yeah, we're offtopic...
    McCain ftw.

9. Madeleine

Madeleine impossible soul

Stop the drama, vote Obama.
    :)

10. Lokeriel

Lokeriel Because Boomerangs Staff Member

good for you guys for paying attention to what's going on, even though you're too young to really have a say.
    me, i don't know anything about either candidate.
    i'll probably vote for Obama, since i'm pretty much democrat (or, more, i don't identify with either party, but i agree with the democrats more.)

11. spikenike232

spikenike232 Guest

MAY I POINT OUT I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO POINT OUT AMERICA IS GOING TO poop NO MATTER WHAT. I don't care if I may. I was. :p

Yesh, America's going to poop. xDDD
    I almost want to move. I think it'd be interesting to see Obama's America. My friend said that if he's president she's moving to Hawaii, she says he'll bomb the country. That's f**ked. That's really f**ked. McCain I know nothing about. I don't even know what he looks like. I think Obama's getting the hype because he'd be the first black president.

We're all doomed.

12. darkestnight

darkestnight Coffee Girl

I agree with Maddie.
    I think Obama has some excelent points to make and I think he's going to bring change. He is very crismatic and delivers his speeches well.

13. xokay_nowx

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to but I lol'ed. xD

Yeah, I think it'll be pretty amusing to see what happens if Obama is elected.
    Obama is completely getting the hype because of his race. Seriously, it's so wrong.

14. Madeleine

f**k that, McCain's getting hype because he's a vet.
    He's also oldy mcodlerson.
    I don't understand how, after what Bush has done to this country, anyone could want to elect another republican. Who share's most of the same opinions as Bush.
    Pathetic. Anti-gay, anti-choice, but pro-gun. Is that what you want our country in the hands of?

15. xokay_nowx

There's no need to get nasty.

LOL...

Yes. Deal with it.

16. Madeleine

If that's what you want for our country then I don't think you care about this country.
    I have an opinion, that is plenty of need to get nasty.

17. darkestnight

darkestnight Coffee Girl

So it's not alright to kill an unborn fetus but handing someone a gun and giving them the means to kill someone who has already lived for a while is alright?
    That's f**ked.

18. xokay_nowx

^ I think you need to realize not everyone supports the idea of unborn babies being killed, same sex couples being married (I consider marriage a holy union between a man and a woman), and the second amendment being overturned.
    There's really nothing you can say to change my opinions about such issues, especially when you're attacking my ideas rather than explaining your own.

Life begins at conception. That's my belief. A 'fetus' has a soul and is just as alive as you or I.
    Of course I don't support murder, if that's what you're implying. But if I lived in an urban area with a lot of crime, I might consider having a gun to defend myself.

19. Madeleine

I did explain my opinion.

20. darkestnight

darkestnight Coffee Girl

First off, marriage gives a couple certain rights such as shared health insurence, the right to testify against a spouse in court, the right to make medical decisions for a spouse if the spouse is in a coma or is otherwise unable to make a descision for themselves. I just mentioned three rights that you are denying a homosexual couple if you do not give them the right to marry. So constitutionally denying a gay couple the right to marry is also in turn taking away other rights that a heterosexual married couple would probably take for granted.